Can there be so much difference between exercising or not?

baskerbill's profile photo   05/20/2021 3:25 p.m.

First of all, introduce myself.I am from the Lada type since last year, and since I discovered this forum I have found a lot of help reading your experiences.
I would like to comment on something that is happening to me since I started running a few weeks ago.Normally with metformin, 12 units of Lantus and monitoring what I eat, I take sugar to quite good levels (although sometimes rather high);But the days that I go for a run (on the trot cochinero about 30-35 minutes), and with the same insulin, they give me elegant declines even taking the half-morning snack and the mid-afternoon.I have chosen to get less insulin on the day I leave, but is it normal that there is so many difference?

Greetings!

baskerbill's profile photo
baskerbill
05/20/2021 3:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Absolutely, aerobic exercise has a hypoglycemic effect for about twenty -four hours.Since I have a sensor, what I have hallucinated the most are the effects that it has on glycemia no longer running, but walking.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2021 3:52 p.m.

Totally, I walk every day and the effect is amazing ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/20/2021 4:05 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Baskerbill

It is totally normal.
What I have more doubts is whether it is a good option to change basal insulin one day or another not based on whether you go to run.
I think you should find a stable basal.That logically requires some regularity in sport.You can run with a little glucose and take something during and after.That will not make you fat, don't worry.
And you can adjust the basal down (as long as you are regular with the sport).The important thing is that you do not have nocturnal hypoglycemia.
But I would not be changing the basal every day or occasionally during the week.You can consult with your endocrine.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/20/2021 4:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

According to Jldiazdel.I believe that the basal must be well adjusted and stable.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/20/2021 4:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

jldiazdel said:
@baserbill

It is totally normal.
What I have more doubts is whether it is a good option to change basal insulin one day or another not based on whether you go to run.
I think you should find a stable basal.That logically requires some regularity in sport.You can run with a little glucose and take something during and after.That will not make you fat, don't worry.
And you can adjust the basal down (as long as you are regular with the sport).The important thing is that you do not have nocturnal hypoglycemia.
But I would not be changing the basal every day or occasionally during the week.You can consult with your endocrine.

GREETING

Thank you all for the comments, I could not even think that I had such an effect.
I will try to speak with my endocrine as soon as possible, to see what tells me about varying the basal.

baskerbill
05/20/2021 5:32 p.m.

To get an idea, I have become one day with 80% insulin less due to the exercise that was to throw the full day in the mountain (hiking and rappel)

marine's profile photo
marine
05/20/2021 8:26 p.m.

marine said:
so that you get an idea, I have come to be one day with an 80% insulin less due to the exercise that was to throw the full day in the mountain (hiking and rappel)

Hi Marine;Do you mean that you have put yourself less than the basal, or that you have used less than the rapid?

baskerbill
05/21/2021 6:41 a.m.

@Baskerbill I talk to you when I used mixture insulin, now with the new basal + rapid treatment I have not tried yet but I understand that it can become the same, I spoke of total daily insulin reduced to 80%

marine's profile photo
marine
05/21/2021 8:55 a.m.

My experience: one day by complete bike, with climbing, sandwich to eat half a bar without insulin.Do not pass from 80mg/dl.The basal and exercise replaced the 6 units or more quickly that I would have put me in another case.

If you do sports regularly, you have to adjust the basal: same amount every day.
If you are not constant, like me, you will have to control the hypoglycemia the days you exercise.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/21/2021 5:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

marine said:
@Baskerbill I talk to you when I used mixture insulin, now with the new basal + rapid treatment I have not tried yet but I understand that it can become the same, I talked about insulinTotal daily reduced to 80%

Man, woman!That's a complete day, complete:-D

baskerbill
05/21/2021 6:09 p.m.

Greetings, I didn't pass by for a long time and I'm glad to read that.Three years ago I was diagnosed type 2.

I started with two insulins and at the same time I started running bicycle seriously.

In three weeks he had cut with rapid insulin, so you mention.Basons, elegant.

In two months I had completely left the injections and went into metformin twice a day.

Since then I have a very good control, averaging between 110-130 normal and even lower many times.Even taking days of 1 single dose for good control.

Exercise is the best treatment.Willpower and consistency.

Forward.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
05/23/2021 3:01 p.m.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
05/23/2021 3:02 p.m.

baskerbill said:
first of all, introduce me.I am from the Lada type since last year, and since I discovered this forum I have found a lot of help reading your experiences.
I would like to comment on something that is happening to me since I started running a few weeks ago.Normally with metformin, 12 units of Lantus and monitoring what I eat, I take sugar to quite good levels (although sometimes rather high);But the days that I go for a run (on the trot cochinero about 30-35 minutes), and with the same insulin, they give me elegant declines even taking the half-morning snack and the mid-afternoon.I have chosen to get less insulin on the day I leave, but is it normal that there is so many difference?

Greetings!

Hello, I have noticed that sport and being moving wonders.I have a sedentary job and on weekends I take advantage, I walk more, play the paddle, clean more at home ....., in summary, on Monday I got up with 103, and today as yesterday I could only do 20 minutes of bikeStatic I have uploaded to 119. I've been checking it for several weeks.Exercise is medicine for us and the problem we have some is the lack of time.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/25/2021 9:52 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
baskerbill said:
first of all, introduce me.I am from the Lada type since last year, and since I discovered this forum I have found a lot of help reading your experiences.

Greetings!

Hello, I have noticed that sport and being moving wonders.I have a sedentary job and on weekends I take advantage, I walk more, play the paddle, clean more at home ....., in summary, on Monday I got up with 103, and today as yesterday I could only do 20 minutes of bikeStatic I have uploaded to 119. I've been checking it for several weeks.Exercise is medicine for us and the problem we have some is the lack of time.

My mother, what levels.I get up at 140 and bass to 110 after running 35 minutes.But in the afternoon, as I am neglected, I get a bajona at 70 or less.The day I don't go running, I'm a little high but at least they don't give me hypos.In insulin units I am in 12 slowly, but I do not dare to climb more for the same thing even if I fuck me even if it runs, because it shoots myself.
It is fucking this to bring control

baskerbill
05/25/2021 10:01 a.m.

baskerbill said:
smartinez said:
baskerbill said:
baskerbill said:
first of all, present myself.I am from the Lada type since last year, and since I discovered this forum I have found a lot of help reading your experiences.

Greetings!

My mother, what levels.I get up at 140 and bass to 110 after running 35 minutes.But in the afternoon, as I am neglected, I get a bajona at 70 or less.The day I don't go running, I'm a little high but at least they don't give me hypos.In insulin units I am in 12 slowly, but I do not dare to climb more for the same thing even if I fuck me even if it runs, because it shoots myself.
It is jodidillo to bring control

Do you think my levels?Hahaha, I like the 103 of 119 not but thinking that right now I am without pills or insulin and that at first they scared me a lot with my analytics, the truth is that I am quieter.I don't know how long it will last but ..... I have to take advantage and take care of myself.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/25/2021 11 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

I try to make several km walking and comes great

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/25/2021 2:41 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.