Bluetooth problem with freestyle reader

matrocs's profile photo   05/06/2021 12:49 p.m.

Hello.

First of all I present myself, I just landed in the forum since my 6 -year -old son debuted 5 months ago and, although we are learning to cope with this disease, we still have information to be somewhat calmer.

3 weeks after the debut, we started using free freestyle 2 for glucose readings.No doubt a great advance that has avoided punctures in the fingers.

The problem we have, is that of all the sensors that we have put to the cry, only with 1 of them we have had alarms in the Freestyle reader, which makes us spend almost every night in tension because of the possible hypoglycemia.
We have called Abbot and what we get is to send us 1 new sensor, but nothing ... everything remains the same, without alerts.

We do not want to have to use the mobile to start the sensor, since it does not thank us for 6 years to go to the phone with mobile ...

Have you had any similar experience?Any idea how to manage it?
How do you make breasts and potatoes of the group to control glucose in the school?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

matrocs's profile photo
matrocs
05/06/2021 12:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

matrocs said:
hello.

First of all I present myself, I just landed in the forum since my 6 -year -old son debuted 5 months ago and, although we are learning to cope with this disease, we still have information to be somewhat calmer.

3 weeks after the debut, we started using free freestyle 2 for glucose readings.No doubt a great advance that has avoided punctures in the fingers.

The problem we have, is that of all the sensors that we have put to the cry, only with 1 of them we have had alarms in the Freestyle reader, which makes us spend almost every night in tension because of the possible hypoglycemia.
We have called Abbot and what we get is to send us 1 new sensor, but nothing ... everything remains the same, without alerts.

We do not want to have to use the mobile to start the sensor, since it does not thank us for 6 years to go to the phone with mobile ...

How do you make breasts and potatoes of the group to control glucose in the school?

Hello!

The best option with the FSL2 is to turn it into a MCG system.With this, every 5 minutes will send glucose to the mobile and smart watches and you will also have alarms.

To get this, you will need to patch the freeLink application and, being something complicated, on this topic of the forum you can get the app more easily:

Link

The aforementioned features are achieved in another app, xDrip+ and, in this app, you have the option to put yourself as followers to reach the figures to another mobile every 5 minutes (regardless of the distance).

It may seem complicated, but it's all very simple.For any questions, you can ask me.

All the best!

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
05/06/2021 2:43 p.m.

@Matrocs Many times the loss of alarms is because the Bluetooth signal of the mobile fails, what mobile do you use?
Sometimes I feel that I look like Samsung's public relations, but it was a brutal change from xiaomi (I used the Redmi Note 8t) to Samsung, before they were constant losses of the signal, after 2-3 days of use the sensor wasAs if it was disconnected,

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
05/06/2021 2:52 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Hello.

The problem is with Freestyle's reader, we don't want to use the mobile if possible.
Although I have tried Diabox having the sensor started with the reader and works at times, we cannot trust.

Do you not use the Freestyle reader with the kids?

matrocs's profile photo
matrocs
05/06/2021 3:11 p.m.

The reader you have of Free is version 2?Because if so, alarms will never work and on the other hand the Bluetooth technology has a range of about 10m or even less if there are walls in between so perhaps that can also be the problem

marine's profile photo
marine
05/06/2021 3:54 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
matrocs said:
hello.

Hello!

The best option with the FSL2 is to turn it into a MCG system.With this, every 5 minutes will send glucose to the mobile and smart watches and you will also have alarms.

To get this, you will need to patch the freeLink application and, being something complicated, on this topic of the forum you can get the app more easily:

Link

The aforementioned features are achieved in another app, xDrip+ and, in this app, you have the option to put yourself as followers to reach the figures to another mobile every 5 minutes (regardless of the distance).

It may seem complicated, but it's all very simple.For any questions, you can ask me.

Greetings!

I started trying the XDrip+, but I understand that so that it is necessary to start the sensor with the mobile, right?

matrocs's profile photo
matrocs
05/06/2021 3:54 p.m.

marine said:
the reader you have of free is version 2?Because if so, alarms will never work and on the other hand the Bluetooth technology has a range of about 10m or even less if there are walls in between so perhaps that can also be the problem

Yes, he is the reader of Libre 2, but the alarms do not work having the device in the same room.The Bluetooth icon appears crossed out at all times, even when we make a Via NFC reading.

In the end I see the child with mobile at school ...

matrocs's profile photo
matrocs
05/06/2021 3:56 p.m.

matrocs said:
marine said:
the reader you have of free is version 2?Because if so, alarms will never work and on the other hand the Bluetooth technology has a range of about 10m or even less if there are walls in between so perhaps that can also be the problem

Yes, he is the reader of Libre 2, but the alarms do not work having the device in the same room.The Bluetooth icon appears crossed out at all times, even when we make a Via NFC reading.

In the end I see the child with mobile at school ...

I have always used the mobile but it seems super strange ... will the bad reader?

marine's profile photo
marine
05/06/2021 3:57 p.m.

Is it crossed out with a red line?If so, that is that you have deactivated the signal loss alarm.
If you activate the sensor with the freestyle reader and then with Diabox, the alarms are lost in the reader and only have a Diabox.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/06/2021 5:05 p.m.

anaisabel said:
is crossed out with a red stripe?If so, that is that you have deactivated the signal loss alarm.
If you activate the sensor with the freestyle reader and then with Diabox, the alarms are lost in the reader and only have a diabox.

It already happened to us before trying with Dialbox.We will call Abbot to see what happens.

matrocs's profile photo
matrocs
05/06/2021 5:58 p.m.

morganeta said:
Many times the loss of alarms is because the bluetooth signal of the mobile fails, what mobile do you use?
Sometimes I feel that I look like Samsung's public relations, but it was a brutal change from xiaomi (I used the Redmi Note 8t) to Samsung, before they were constant losses of the signal, after 2-3 days of use the sensor wasAs if it was disconnected,

I have a xiaomi (Note 8 Pro) and I have disabled the signal loss alarm because otherwise it looks like a fair, it can whist) It is bad.

And alarms then you cannot trust much clear, sometimes they whistle and sometimes not (which will not have a Bluetooth sign).

Sag21's profile photo
Sag21
05/06/2021 6:37 p.m.

We use only the mobile, my son carries it in the backpack and apart from Apple Watch to see glycemia there, but of course he is already 14 years old, I have read that the Samsung A20 works very well with the sensor and size, it's fine,I see more practicing the mobile because so from work I can see how it is at every moment (you can do it through Diabox or XDrip), for me that is a huge tranquility, and also at night the alarm sounds in my mobile without anyProblem, the issue is that the majority are "false alarms" because if you are sleeping and presses the sensor gives false low but of course in doubt you have to raise hair ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/09/2021 1:11 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
matrocs said:
hello.

Hello!

Link

Greetings!

One day.We should do a learning workshop on applications.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/19/2022 6:57 p.m.

_ tacker _ said:
davidag2000 said:
matrocs said:
matrocs said:
hello.

Hello!

Link

Greetings!

One day.We should do a learning workshop on applications.

We have done it with the RMiaomiao reader and the Nightscout.It cost a bit to work but at night I send the information to the mobile with alarms.(During the day it is measured alone with the mobile)

Teresaae's profile photo
Teresaae
07/24/2022 11:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.