Freestyle 2 sensor change

Viki's profile photo   05/23/2021 12:43 p.m.

Hello!Tomorrow they end the 14 days of my first freestyle sensor 2. Reading for the forum I know that each new sensor can take a few hours, even one day or two to get used to the body and measure more precision.I also remember reading someone who said that the day before expired his sensor of putting another new one, so that he got together with two sensors, leaving the new one without use until the next day to save those hours of "adaptation".How do you do it?And if you join with two sensors at the same time, do you have both activated?Because I understand that you can only have one activated with the same apparatus (in my case the Abott's reader, because my mobile has no NFC)

Greetings🙂

Viki's profile photo
Viki
05/23/2021 12:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I put it before the other dies, sometimes the same day in the morning or last night, because I read here it was good that he was soaked with interstitial fluid.
Do not active, of course.It is only punctured and when the first sensor dies, you escape.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/23/2021 1:41 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hi @viki, you can't have 2 active sensors.What I do is that breakfast at 8 and about 10:30 that most of the insulin has taken effect I wear the new sensor.The first day or even 2 days take a bit to measure well, I think it depends on the sensor, which I have now carried the first day for example at the time of food measured only 2 above but other times if it happened to meto have 60 or more above or below.

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
05/23/2021 2:16 p.m.

I put it 24 hours before, you just put it on and don't escape it so as not to activate it.

Thus you avoid that first, second day dislocated

marine's profile photo
marine
05/23/2021 3:40 p.m.

Before with the 1 if it was good to do it, but now it is not, well it is not necessary.
Why I can't tell you, I don't remember it.Let's see if someone can clarify it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/23/2021 4:34 p.m.

@Anaisabel I tell my experience, what we are really taking out all of us who use it and that has nothing to do with the world of Yupi in which Abbot lives where everything is perfection and then the sensors fail more than a shotgun XDDDD Fair.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/23/2021 10:11 p.m.

Hello, I do put on my son a few hours before (plus less 12 hours).

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/23/2021 11:41 p.m.

With free 1 you had to put it a few hours before, with free 2 it is not necessary, even so I insert it 2 hours before and more or less measures well.
It is true that it is more reliable after 24 hours after activation.And some are never reliable.Before I angered me a lot because I paid them, now I fell to spend so many strips because I pay them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/24/2021 12:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I put it when I take off the one who ends and without problems.
Something was right, @marine, we all count our experiences.

Anaisabel
05/24/2021 1:59 p.m.

It has not given me problems, neither the 1 nor the 2. When they have failed, they have failed at all, from the beginning or in the middle, and if anyone gave wide differences (20-30), these have been maintained during the 14 days.I have not seen any tendency that at the beginning I would measure worse.

Therefore, putting it before, according to my experience, I do not see it necessary.When you activate it, it is an hour until it gives readings, time during which it is supposed to be balancing with the interstitial fluid, and that time you cannot jump it and you cannot have 2 sensors activated at the same time.What I do is put the new minutes before the old expire, and when he does the active.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/30/2021 11:57 a.m.

I do not say that everyone works or that is necessary, but when I put it 24 hours before .. I greatly avoid the erratic measurements of the first day.

Even the manufacturer says it, it is not because the sensor has to permeate the interstitial fluid but because the body detects a foreign body in your body and "attacks" or at least that was what they told me.

I repeat that I do it that way, each one if they want to try it or not hehe

marine's profile photo
marine
05/30/2021 1:59 p.m.

I return to this thread.When I started carrying a sensor, my endocrine recommended me to place it and wait about 12 hours before activating it.
I am a little tired of carrying two sensors at the same time, one about to finish and the other in "warm -up" without activating.
Does someone work well waiting for only the 60 minutes of heating that ABBOTT recommends?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
04/26/2024 8:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I After doing the "warm -up" quite time to conclude that it depends on the sensor that touches you and/or the area where it is put.
Because I have to have to put on a sensor and activate it at the time (especially since the previouscases putting it 12 hours before and giving altered values ​​for some time after activating it.

jasom's profile photo
jasom
04/26/2024 9:10 a.m.

It works well for me after the 60m waiting.
We have only done it once and did not see difference.

Anaisabel
04/26/2024 9:32 a.m.

They also told me at the beginning that of "living" for a few hours with both sensors.I tried it, but I don't notice any difference with respect to put it at the right time (when I take off the other).And it is true that it is a roll to have to be with both positions, and pending to have to take the old one.
What I do, is not to eat hydrates during the 60 minutes of the new calibration.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/26/2024 11:03 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

With free 2 it is no longer necessary to put it hours before, with the free 1 if there was a difference

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/26/2024 4:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

viki said:
hello!Tomorrow they end the 14 days of my first freestyle sensor 2. Reading for the forum I know that each new sensor can take a few hours, even one day or two to get used to the body and measure more precision.I also remember reading someone who said that the day before expired his sensor of putting another new one, so that he got together with two sensors, leaving the new one without use until the next day to save those hours of "adaptation".How do you do it?And if you join with two sensors at the same time, do you have both activated?Because I understand that you can only have one activated with the same apparatus (in my case the Abott's reader, because my mobile has no NFC)

Greetings🙂

With free 2, you cannot have 2 sensors activated at the same time, at least with the official application, with the pirates I think either.

I have ever tried an inactive place, to see if it later improves "the adaptation" (for me, at the beginning always marks).But I have not noticed any difference.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
04/28/2024 6:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.