{'en': 'Units adjustment with toujeo', 'es': 'Ajuste de unidades con Toujeo'} Image

Units adjustment with toujeo

marine's profile photo   05/07/2021 9:36 a.m.

Good morning to all,

I tell you to confirm with you if I am right and talk to the endocrine if it proceeds.

I've been with Toujeo for a few months and while at the beginning I was doing very well now the thing has changed ...

The milestone is the nocturnal hypos , if the basal adjusts so that the postprandial is about 160-170 at night it is falling and I get up over 70-80 when I can go to bed with 160(Even days contributing 1 HC without putting myself fast insulin) ..

If under the basal for the night to be "flat" I take all day in 200-220 and it was when I started reading that more people happened to them and the solution was to change to threeiba.

I am right?Or I'm jumping something ...

Thank you!

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 9:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I use from the beginning of my toujeo treatment, and I do pretty good.I usually lie around 120 and get up between 85-95.This is once fulfilled, for example, if I have exercised more in the afternoon before.There I have to eat something else before sleeping, since if I can't have any nocturnal hypo.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/07/2021 10:40 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Hi @carussa, of course I understand that there is an increase in sensitivity and the basal increases its effect, but I tell you about 24 hours a day ...

For example, I notice that I am missing when I have the flat basal night because even the rapid insulin ratio for each ration is absurd ... I climb as at 2ud for each ration.

When I have it well adjusted I am between 0.7 and 1.2 for each ration but then the night arrives and goes down and going down ... slow but progressive ... if that slow descent you add that that day does sport already leaves my motherThe subject.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 11:02 a.m.

@marine then you should tell the endocrine.From whatever, Toujeo does not work very well in you.Maybe he has some explanation to what happens to you, or the change of slow is better.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/07/2021 11:07 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Carussa before I used mixtures and the endocrine himself told me, we are going to change to basal and in the first instance toujeo ... there are people who report nocturnal hypos but I prefer first to try if you do well and if we already take the next step to Tresiba.

I see that this time it seems that I knew what I was talking about because this endocrine has little experience and it has already brought it to me a couple of times but I don't want to give the ax to the first change and change doctor.

As the reports are worth gold here .. I prefer to go with the bookstop studied when I go and what if it tells me something does not take me off guard

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 11:24 a.m.

@marine yes, the truth is that it is better to contrast with other opinions.I already tell you that it has done quite well with Toujeo.Let's see if someone else can tell you your experience, so you can draw your conclusions better.You will tell us :)

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/07/2021 11:27 a.m.

I had to change Toujeo to Tresiba, for allergy issues, toujeo like all basalDuties done as I do when I go to the endo and lately thanks to you.By the way, three phenomenal, the problem is that you have to make recipes

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/07/2021 8:46 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Good @Alberto_13 Endo told me to put it in the morning, right now after 20 years wearing mixture insulins I see myself fish with this issue ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 9:12 p.m.

I started with Toujeo in the morning by prescrpcion, but because my problem was the sunrise effect, they changed me at night until the allergy began

Alberto_13
05/07/2021 9:21 p.m.

My problem was also the dawn effect and at first I tell you that perfect but now what I comment happens to me ..

To change for example at night I don't know what I change would see ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 9:23 p.m.

As you have sometimes commented, the solution is rehearsal and error, the truth is that the basal are not so flat, but that depends on each organism, the Tresiba put it in the morning and I have to be careful with the lowstarting at 2-3 h.Obre everything exercised, but with it the basal and nocturnal is controlled

Alberto_13
05/07/2021 9:51 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

The subject of exercise is another thing that overwhelms me a lot ... before with the mixtures I did not have any type of problem and now although everything joins the topic of the Stop Gym for the pandemic to go for example, for example, it lowers me more than me more thanbefore.

But I want to go step by step and not overwhelm

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 9:54 p.m.

Well, what did not get overwhelmed, and you know better than anyone than fighting the hypos is easier and more pleasant than fighting the hyper: D

Alberto_13
05/07/2021 10:02 p.m.

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"

Already but it is during the sport overwhelms the effect of the exercise plus that of insulin and you catch some dizziness of an order ...

What I see for what you say is that as with the toujeo the three is not flat ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/07/2021 10:04 p.m.

marine said:
alberto_13 said:

Already but it is during the sport overwhelms the effect of the exercise plus that of insulin and you catch some dizziness of an order ...

What I see for what you say is that as with the toujeo the three is not flat either ...

Flat?

Alberto_13
05/07/2021 10:05 p.m.

@marine happened to me the same as you, I was using a few months ago toujeo and when I was well adjusted the night was flat flat but in my case by menstrual changes or sport, I went from putting 14 units to 8 units so that byThe night did not go down and be taking hydrates all night so as not to have hiccups, that if during the day I had to double insulin in the meals because I did not have enough basal.

They changed me to Levemir because as is every 12 hours you can adjust one dose during the day and another during the night, according to your needs.

Comment with the endocrin@ because you should not have to be during the day correcting all the time or putting the double insulin because the basal at night does not fit your needs well.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
05/09/2021 1:57 p.m.

Toujeo is quite flat but the hormones changes all behavior.
I am doing well 5 days a month, the rest a guyvive.
I have tried everything and it is not insulin, it is my resistance thanks to the hormonal phases.
I go to dinner at 90 and I wake up in 180 after 12 hours without eating.
Endocrine tell me what is there.That use more insulin and point.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2021 10:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I right now not to follow in 200 all day, I have adjusted the toujeo so that the postpondrial is about 180 and at night I am having dinner 1 ration of hydrates without rapid insulin.I get up with 80-90

But the night is not flat, it is a progressive descending curve.

I'm going to endure several days so that the endocrine then see the constant trend and that options ....

marine's profile photo
marine
05/11/2021 8:29 a.m.

Puff .... "I'm fed up, the following"

@Marine I have not been controlled by glucose for more than a week.I have uploaded the basal but nothing.It is independent of the amount of hydrates, they are the hormones.

Yesterday I ate at 4 pm (I forgot the time working) protein and a handful of strawberries that have few hydrates and put 6 units and climbed me at 170mg/dl
I put 2 more at 6 before I go to the Pelu :) and nothing, water, water, water, I was the rest of the afternoon to 180, with exercise included.
I put 7 units for dinner 2.5 r of HC and stayed in 180;So before going to bed I put 3 reinforcement and lowered at 3 hours;I have a great V with the peak at 3:00, the V ends in 180mg/dl because at 7:20 that I have put 7 units for breakfast at 9:00, 2 r of HC, which has made me vinverted up to 160 mg/dl and then drops to 90 mg/dl at 12:00.5 hours later !!!

I need 1 hour and a half insulin before breakfast, I have a lot of resistance lately.Especially as soon as ovulo, it is already impossible to control anything, or exercise.Without eating, glucose raises me.I'm fine a week a month, the rest my average is 180 mg/dl

I am convinced that it is premenopause but they tell me that until I stop menstruate, it is not considered.Hormonal analysis, prolactin, etc.They do well.
I already tell you that my endocrine tells me that I hold on and that if it affects me a lot goes to the psychologist.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2021 12:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Mother mine ... women have a problem with the hormonal theme ... but as happens to all with other aspects of cold style etc ... touches to endure ...

marine's profile photo
marine
05/13/2021 12:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.