Diabetes and cancer

Jvaliente's profile photo   05/24/2021 10:29 a.m.

Good morning, do I just read a diabetic article indicates that being diabetic implies a greater risk of developing cancers and less treatment survival .... is this true?

Jvaliente's profile photo
Jvaliente
05/24/2021 10:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That seems, cancer cells nourish much more sugar than others and diabetics is what we have left over.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/24/2021 10:49 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

But then this is like a death sentence ???I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months ago and I can't believe what I read

Jvaliente
05/24/2021 10:50 a.m.

@Jvaliente you should not worry.Well controlled diabetes does not have to lead to anything bad.The problem is that you still have it uncontrolled ... that can happen to you everything (in the long run)

marine's profile photo
marine
05/24/2021 11:27 a.m.

Let's see, that there are greater risks if but that does not mean that you are going to have a safe cancer and if you have to die, everything depends on the level of glucose.If you control you are all.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/24/2021 2:43 p.m.

If I were administrator, I would suppress this thread directly, since none of you contributes a single scientific argument to assert what you are affirming, with the only intention of giving all those who read this forum

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/24/2021 3:39 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
If I were administrator would suppress this thread directRead this forum

Completely agree

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/24/2021 4:18 p.m.

I really do not find sense to write about negative issues related to our disease.I only see meaning if it is to prevent something.
But appoint to name, scare to scare ...
We could save it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/24/2021 4:20 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I regret to have started this post ... I am just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes ... I'm getting on web to look for information and I am encountering things like this.
The endocrine told me when giving me the diagnosis that I would not worry and sincerely I would never have thought that this would have so many serious complications.I apologize again, the only thing I would like is to know well what situation I am when I am diabetic.I'm really sorry

Jvaliente
05/24/2021 4:38 p.m.

It seems important to me to know the risks to be aware of what can happen if we do not control our disease.I do not see it as something negative, if you are not aware that you have a problem you will never take measures to solve it.
Badly controlled diabetes can bring you many long -term problems (blindness, renal failure, ulcers on the feet, cardiovascular diseases ...) but if you control it well it will not happen to you.It is important to be aware of what can happen if you pass from your disease and control glucose to avoid all these problems.But if you carry it well controlled, any of that will happen to you.

@Jvaliente Type 2 diabetes can be perfectly controlled with good diet and exercise.Right now the low hydrates diets are giving very good results to have good control and of course exercise (especially force).If you start taking care of yourself, you don't have to have more ballots than anyone without diabetes to develop cancer.So don't worry and simply take control of the disease.If you do not know where to start looking for a nutritionist to help you carry a good diet and start exercising if you do not do it and you will see how glucose improvements and you find yourself better.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/24/2021 5:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
It seems important to know the risks to be aware of what can happen if we do not control our disease.I do not see it as something negative, if you are not aware that you have a problem you will never take measures to solve it.
Badly controlled diabetes can bring you many long -term problems (blindness, renal failure, ulcers on the feet, cardiovascular diseases ...) but if you control it well it will not happen to you.It is important to be aware of what can happen if you pass from your disease and control glucose to avoid all these problems.But if you carry it well controlled, any of that will happen to you.

@Jvaliente Type 2 diabetes can be perfectly controlled with good diet and exercise.Right now the low hydrates diets are giving very good results to have good control and of course exercise (especially force).If you start taking care of yourself, you don't have to have more ballots than anyone without diabetes to develop cancer.So don't worry and simply take control of the disease.If you do not know where to start looking for a nutritionist to help you carry a good diet and start exercising if you do not do it and you will see how glucose improvements and you find yourself better.

Thank you very much, really

Jvaliente
05/24/2021 6:32 p.m.

I have had problems not controlling tobacco consumption, having a very sedentary life and uncontrolling my food.Everything that lacks your body is dangerous.The same goes for excess sugar.Control your sugar and control the risks involved in diabetes.There are more cases because you must control more than someone who does not have diabetes.That is your mission and it will be good for sure.Greetings

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
05/24/2021 7:10 p.m.

juansevillano said:
I have had problems not controlling tobacco consumption, having a very sedentary life and uncontrolling my food.Everything that lacks your body is dangerous.The same goes for excess sugar.Control your sugar and control the risks involved in diabetes.There are more cases because you must control more than someone who does not have diabetes.That is your mission and it will be good for sure.Greetings

Thanks Juan, he knows me fatal because I have not wanted

Jvaliente
05/24/2021 7:21 p.m.

jvaliente said:
I'm sorry I started this post ... I am recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes ... I am getting on the web to look for information and I am encountering things like this.
The endocrine told me when giving me the diagnosis that I would not worry and sincerely I would never have thought that this would have so many serious complications.I apologize again, the only thing I would like is to know well what situation I am when I am diabetic.I'm really sorry

Excuse you if you have felt bad for my comment, but I repeat if I were administrator I would have eliminated it, because it is an issue that although we had reliable scientific data to ensure the relationship between one disease and another, I do not think this is the most appropriate placeto spread it.And unless they shrink with the "coconut" that if we control ourselves, nothing happens and if we get out of control, everything will happen, when cancer today is a great unknown, together with genetic, environmental, food factors, the air we breathe, the water we drink, etc .... etc ... now if someone is happy saying that a diabetic is more prone to have a cancer ... well ...
And of course if you consult the Internet, you know how we are going to end up

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/24/2021 8:15 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Jvaliente
Hello, I didn't want to feel bad either.Also, when they diagnosed me in December, it spent a few days that I read so much on Google that scared me a lot.I fixed it by making the decision to consult the diabetes issues that worried me in the forum.There is a lot of information and I think it is the most reliable place.And I was much quieter.
Already later, now that I know much more about the subject, I have found in Google sometimes true barbarities about diabetes so I advise you not to read too much if it is not from sources of trust or you will go crazy.Here we are, or at least I am, for whatever you want.
And taking care of us, we will do well, calm.😘

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/24/2021 9:05 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Jvaliente

I guess the website you have read is this:

Link

I remember that months ago they commented on a video that I saw on YouTube too but my recommendation is that you ignore everything you see or read on the Internet (including this forum that there are also rookies and ignorant among which I include me) and alwaysYou consult all doubts to your doctor who after all is the one he has studied for it.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/24/2021 9:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.