New here and doubts with proposed treatment and tests

Ale2020's profile photo   05/26/2021 9:58 p.m.

Hello everyone:

Many months ago I read you, specifically since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few months ago, when I was 34 years old.Since then this forum has been very helpful to understand many things :)

In my case I had long had problems with cholesterol despite controlling the diet and exercising and in a pair of routine analytics, fasting glucose came around 110 (before it used to be around 85-90).They told me to make an oral overload of glucose.I made it and left 220;They repeated it again and the result was exactly the same.From then on I started treating me an endocrine and they prescribed metformin (one for breakfast and another at dinner) and statins for cholesterol, in addition to exercising more and be careful with hydrates and sugars.

As in my family there is no history of diabetes and I am not Obesa (at the time of diagnosis I barely reached 70 kg) the antibodies looked at me.They all left negative.The C peptide does not know that they have looked at me.On my own, I bought a glucometer and the worst measurements that I have obtained at two hours have been around 155-160 after eating rice or potatoes and 188 once I took half-torrija for dessert (difficult to resist!).My basal glucose is usually between 100 and 115. In addition, I have also lost several kilos.

After doing the tests and seeing that there is nothing else, I thought I would continue with the medication that I have told you and with analytics every six months to see if I kept stable (so far the two glycosylated ones that have made me have been inferiorto 5) or if on the contrary the values ​​were getting worse and in the end it was a lada.However, in my last consultation I have been told that I take a more metformin pill (with what would be 3 pills a day of 850mg) and repeat the oral overload of glucose.

My big doubt is, first, if usual, with the values ​​I have, take so much metformin.Second, if someone has come to make the glucose overload up to three times.My experience with this test has been very bad (dizziness, nausea and tiredness for two or three days later) and I do not understand why it must be repeated, since diabetes is not supposed to disappear by taking medication.

Anyway, I feel the roll and thank you very much beforehand.

Ale2020's profile photo
Ale2020
05/26/2021 9:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good,

Welcome to the forum.Well, I see you great, I see that you control the subject and sugar too.I am DM1 so I do not take metformin and I cannot help you there.

The issue of oral tests ... I think it does not make much sense, asks for a second medical opinion or asking directly why they will do it if you have already done 2 previously.

Nor do I understand with the values ​​you comment and the glycosilada that you have to increase another pill of metformin.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/26/2021 10:07 p.m.

marine said:
good,

Welcome to the forum.Well, I see you great, I see that you control the subject and sugar too.I am DM1 so I do not take metformin and I cannot help you there.

The issue of oral tests ... I think it does not make much sense, asks for a second medical opinion or asking directly why they will do it if you have already done 2 previously.

Nor do I understand with the values ​​you comment and the glycosilada that you have to increase another pill of metformin.

Thank you, Marine!Without this forum I don't know what I would have done.I've been going around for several days to try to change doctor.Until now I have been very happy because it has not spared in tests and they have also made them very quickly given the current situation, but if the line to follow is to increase medication although the values ​​do not get worse ... I even had the hope ofStop taking metformin as you continue taking care of the diet and exercising: o

Ale2020's profile photo
Ale2020
05/26/2021 10:17 p.m.

According to @marine looking for another endocrine, I at the beginning until they found my type of diabetes I had to visit three endocrine and at first they fell from metformin along with other pills, I have tried almost all of them, but I had the very worse valuesthat yours.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/26/2021 10:32 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
According to @marine looking for another endocrine, I at the beginning until they found my type of diabetes I had to visit three endocrine and at first they fell from metformin together with other pills,I have tried almost all, but I had the values ​​very worse than yours.
alberto_13 said:
According to @marine looking for another endocrine, I at the beginning until they found my type of diabetes I had to visit three endocrine and at first they fell from metformin together with other pills,I have tried almost all, but I had the values ​​very worse than yours.

I have not had many side effects of metformin within what fits, but with three pills I think it is to tempt luck.I'm glad you already have a good diagnosis.I think I read some thread in the forum about it.

Ale2020's profile photo
Ale2020
05/26/2021 11:07 p.m.

ale2020 said:
alberto_13 said:
According to @marine looking for another endocrine, I at the beginning until they found my type of diabetes I had to visit threeEndocrine and at first they fell from metformin along with other pills, I have tried almost all, but I had the values ​​very worse than yours., seriously visit another endocrine
alberto_13 said:
alberto_13 said:

I have not had many side effects of metformin within what fits, but with three pills I think it is to tempt luck.I'm glad you already have a good diagnosis.I think I read some thread in the forum about it.

Thank you, it cost me two years of endocrine in endocrine until the last one found the treatment

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/27/2021 12:02 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Ale2020

I totally agree with what they have told you.Change endocrine.I don't know if that doctor will be private.Here with private doctors you have to be very careful because all kinds of tests are invented.I have already had some bad experience.

The values ​​that you have glycosilada are excellent.And it's very good to make them every six months.It is also very good that you yourself do controls, (I would make them three hours from a meal from time to time) and that you also look on an empty stomach.All excellent.And you have lost weight!And you have improved your diet.Keep in mind that there are people who tend to generate high cholesterol regardless of what they eat.Eat healthy and varied, and get regular controls and take medication.But because of the normal it would be that you pass from two to a pill.

But if you can change my endocrine.Or it would consult with another doctor (although sometimes they support each other, they are very union).If you go to another endocrine, don't tell him that your endocrine have sent you to three pills!

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/27/2021 11:16 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@ale2020

I totally agree with what they have told you.Change endocrine.I don't know if that doctor will be private.Here with private doctors you have to be very careful because all kinds of tests are invented.I have already had some bad experience.

The values ​​that you have glycosilada are excellent.And it's very good to make them every six months.It is also very good that you yourself do controls, (I would make them three hours from a meal from time to time) and that you also look on an empty stomach.All excellent.And you have lost weight!And you have improved your diet.Keep in mind that there are people who tend to generate high cholesterol regardless of what they eat.Eat healthy and varied, and get regular controls and take medication.But because of the normal it would be that you pass from two to a pill.

But if you can change my endocrine.Or it would consult with another doctor (although sometimes they support each other, they are very union).If you go to another endocrine, don't tell him that your endocrine have sent you to three pills!

GREETING

It is endocrine of social security.That's why I was so happy, in just a few months they have looked at me everything and I have not had to beg any tests: I have read in some thread that is not always easy (especially in type 2) that they make you glycosiladas and let's not sayThat the antibodies look at you.

Yes, from time to time I measure me after meals (somewhat less fasting) and more or less I know what can come out according to food, since the values ​​are usually similar.I suppose that if my values ​​began to increase, it would be necessary to suspect Lada.

Ale2020's profile photo
Ale2020
05/27/2021 12:41 p.m.

If you are very happy with him you can try to argue with him.And see how it reacts.You can tell you that you prefer to follow how these and Q in six months you will discuss and value it again.Although most doctors do not like you to take the opposite!But if you tell him that you prefer to wait a little longer and continue with the medication that you have, maybe he accepts it.Don't know.

With those HBA1c (glycosilada) values ​​for the moment, do not worry.They are very good.Perhaps later a peptide test C. Although you continue below 5% in the glycosylated tests, I do not think the truth is necessary.

But for now it follows like these.You have your diabetes 2 very well controlled!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/27/2021 1 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Ale2020 said:
hello to all:

Many months ago I read you, specifically since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a few months ago, when I was 34 years old.Since then this forum has been very helpful to understand many things :)

In my case I had long had problems with cholesterol despite controlling the diet and exercising and in a pair of routine analytics, fasting glucose came around 110 (before it used to be around 85-90).They told me to make an oral overload of glucose.I made it and left 220;They repeated it again and the result was exactly the same.From then on I started treating me an endocrine and they prescribed metformin (one for breakfast and another at dinner) and statins for cholesterol, in addition to exercising more and be careful with hydrates and sugars.

As in my family there is no history of diabetes and I am not Obesa (at the time of diagnosis I barely reached 70 kg) the antibodies looked at me.They all left negative.The C peptide does not know that they have looked at me.On my own, I bought a glucometer and the worst measurements that I have obtained at two hours have been around 155-160 after eating rice or potatoes and 188 once I took half-torrija for dessert (difficult to resist!).My basal glucose is usually between 100 and 115. In addition, I have also lost several kilos.

After doing the tests and seeing that there is nothing else, I thought I would continue with the medication that I have told you and with analytics every six months to see if I kept stable (so far the two glycosylated ones that have made me have been inferiorto 5) or if on the contrary the values ​​were getting worse and in the end it was a lada.However, in my last consultation I have been told that I take a more metformin pill (with what would be 3 pills a day of 850mg) and repeat the oral overload of glucose.

My big doubt is, first, if usual, with the values ​​I have, take so much metformin.Second, if someone has come to make the glucose overload up to three times.My experience with this test has been very bad (dizziness, nausea and tiredness for two or three days later) and I do not understand why it must be repeated, since diabetes is not supposed to disappear by taking medication.

Anyway, I feel the roll and thank you very much beforehand.

Hello, I have been in this time for diabetes for a short time but because of my little experience and because of what you comment, I don't think you need so much metformin.If you follow healthy diet and exercise it is the best medication, I have it proven.In my case they sent me metformin (the levels were fired), the medication took effect and the endocrine I consider to eliminate it completely.At first I was afraid because I had such good values, I didn't want me to go up again but I trusted her and right now I don't take anything.When I do not exercise the next day I get up with 122, 130 ....., but when I don't stop, I'm going to walk and play the paddle can I get down to 102,103,107 .... I can't tell you what you should doI am not a doctor and I understand the fair but ..... Without a doubt the best medication is exercise and diet.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/30/2021 10:37 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

@Ale2020

This is just my personal opinion, but here it goes:

• Your glycosilada is very good.You are in control, so I don't understand why more metformin.
  • I do not understand why so many glucose overloads.If you are already in control, the "normal" tests are fasting glucose and 2 hrs after eating and the glucosilada every x months to see how the treatment goes.
  • With glycosilada less than 5, it is for you to lower the dose of 850 to 750 or 500 (I think) instead of raising it.It is a very good A1C, of ​​championship.There are metformin pills that are prolonged release, which are better, their effect lasts more.
  • How high were your cholesterol levels?They are fine?Did the statins adjusted?Normally when triglycerides and LDL return to normal levels, lower the dose
  • I think you have good control and I would really think about looking for a 2nd opinion.Not all doctors are stars.

matrix's profile photo
    matrix
    05/30/2021 10:51 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.