How to transport insulin for 4 months traveling by plane

MariaMaría's profile photo   05/31/2021 2:45 p.m.

Good morning, I would please need your help since I am quite worried about how to transport my insulin on the plane.I would like to take insulin to be 4 months out, in Europe, and I do not get any transport company that makes cold shipments, for individuals, outside of Spain.
If I take her with me in the cabin, Iberia only allows you to carry insulin for the first days and in the winery insulin spoils because temperatures are too cold.Insulin wallets allow you to maintain the temperature during the trip, but their space is limited and also the insulin must be consumed in 28 days.So someone who can give me a hand please to solve this headache?Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

MariaMaría's profile photo
MariaMaría
05/31/2021 2:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On Aena's website you can read that with the diabetes medical certificate they have to let you transport your medicines for the trip, the stay and the return.
In Iberia you can keep it cold in the aircraft.Well, on any plane, but the nice ones who want to be the crew on board depends.They have given me even antihistamines.

The winery can be pressurized if animals fly, so in the suitcase it would go well.The problem of warehouses is not the temperature but the pressure.

In Europe with the European health card they can prescribe insulin in your destination and buy it in pharmacies.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2021 9 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I would add that Novo Rapid is 6 weeks that allows you as consumption date, according to the prospect.

KAIZEN's profile photo
KAIZEN
06/07/2021 4:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.