Of insulin pills

Goizalde's profile photo   09/01/2021 1:52 p.m.

Hello everyone!I have type 2 diabetes for 10 years, I take two metformin pills (tomorrow and night) and one of dapagliflozine.Lately, I do not know the reason, I have been lacking sugar levels and from my father's experience I know that sooner or later I will end up dealing with insulin.What worries me is not knowing the conditions or levels of sugar or glycosilad that have to take to take this step in treatment.

If someone has gone through this experience and wants to tell me, I would appreciate it.

Greetings to everyone

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
09/01/2021 1:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
Well, I am type 2 and I have started directly with slow insulin.The reason is that my pancreas is running out and already generates little insulin.In those cases you have to click it.
While type 2 diabetes is due to insulin resistance (the pancreas segregates it but the body is resistant, that is, it does not work) it is usually treated with oral antidiabetics, pills that create insulin sensitivity and make it work.
But if the pancreas stops segregating it (due to excess previous operation, disease or any other reason) it is already necessary to provide it externally.
To measure the operation of the pancreas, the C peptide test is done in an analytics.If it is too low there is little operation.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/01/2021 4:51 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
Hello.
Well, I am type 2 and I have started directly with slow insulin.The reason is that my pancreas is running out and already generates little insulin.In those cases you have to click it.
While type 2 diabetes is due to insulin resistance (the pancreas segregates it but the body is resistant, that is, it does not work) it is usually treated with oral antidiabetics, pills that create insulin sensitivity and make it work.
But if the pancreas stops segregating it (due to excess previous operation, disease or any other reason) it is already necessary to provide it externally.
To measure the operation of the pancreas, the C peptide test is done in an analytics.If it is too low there is little operation.

Thank you for answering, if it is not to get where they do not call me with what glycosylated hemoglobin you were when they diagnosed you or what glycemia did you have?I have understood the pancreas test, but I think that references can help me to know what to stick and not get anxious to the account for no reason.

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
09/01/2021 8:51 p.m.

Goizalde said:
Isabelbota said:
hello.

Thank you for answering, if it is not to get where they do not call me with what glycosylated hemoglobin you were when they diagnosed you or what glycemia did you have?I have understood the pancreas test, but I think the references can help me to see me and not make myself more anxious to the account for no reason.

Do not worry that glycosilada do not arrive ... 15.9 !!!Clearly my pancreas worked little ...

isabelbota
09/01/2021 9:38 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
goizalde said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Hello.

Thank you for answering, if it is not to get where they do not call me with what glycosylated hemoglobin you were when they diagnosed you or what glycemia did you have?I have understood the pancreas test, but I think the references can help me to see me and not make myself more anxious to the account for no reason.

Do not worry that glycosilada do not arrive ... 15.9 !!!Clearly my pancreas worked little ...

No, I am sure that I don't arrive xD.I do not imagine reaching that level taking into account how I am dizzy with nausea and other symptoms when I have glucose in 250.
Thank you very much, the truth that your story has left me something quieter.

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
09/02/2021 9:48 a.m.

goizalde said:
Isabelbota said:
goizalde said:
goizalde said:
Hello.

No, I am sure that I don't arrive xD.I do not imagine reaching that level taking into account how I am dizzy with nausea and other symptoms when I have glucose in 250.

Well, I was perfect.The only thing that thirsty and pee a lot and lost weight, but neither dizzy nor tired nor anything ...
And now neither if under 60 or I go to 200 I am bad ... what can be a problem because I do not find out about anything.That's why I buy my sensor.

isabelbota
09/02/2021 9:54 a.m.

@Goizalde To know when you are going to need insulin you should ask your doctor to measure the pancreatic reserve, the famous peptide C. As reduced, we need basal insulin and meals.

But take care of yourself, so you don't need.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/02/2021 3:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@goizalde to know when you will need insulin you should ask your doctor to measure the pancreatic reserve, the famous peptide C. As reduced, we need basal insulin and in meals.

But take care of yourself, so you don't need.

Thanks for the @ruthbia Council.Of course I take care, I am at a time that I live for the disease.I know that it is not healthy, but when you pass a delicate streak it is what there is.

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
09/02/2021 5:24 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
goizalde said:
isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
Goizalde said:
Goizalde said:
Goizalde said:
Goizalde said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
Hello.

Well, I was perfect.The only thing that thirsty and pee a lot and lost weight, but neither dizzy nor tired nor anything ...
And now neither if under 60 or I go to 200 I am bad ... what can be a problem because I do not find out about anything.That's why I buy my sensor.

I really are glad to have symptoms even if it is not a reliable source.If my body gets used to 200 stops making me sleepy, nausea, thirst ... the sensor has to be very comfortable.

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
09/02/2021 5:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.