Uploads at night

Isi's profile photo   06/02/2021 3:12 p.m.

Good afternoon:
We have been super rare at night with my daughter for a few weeks.Until now he fell asleep and began to climb, to some peak around 200 but then went down, doing hiccups around 6 in the morning.We put the slow twice, at 1 pm and at 00 hours.

Well, since last week a couple of hours are stable since it falls asleep at 9.30 p.m. but suddencrazy up.We corrected quickly according to its correction factor but it is as if we could150.

I think he lacks slow insulin right ??But we also have nights in which it makes us hypoglycemia at 06 in the morning.Would anyone know us?

Thanks in advance
All the best
Isidoro

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/02/2021 3:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Isi

As it is a girl, hormones can affect her a lot.

I can only think of a suggestion. But it is a suggestion that you can contrast with other people from the forum with experience in children and with the doctor if you want to be safer.

Since the climb is produced at 00 hours, I would try to advance the basal insulin posts three hours.The 13th at 10 am and the 00 hours at 9 pm.I say it because the basal insulin of the afternoon if you put it at 9pm could help you more to avoid that night climb of glycemia.In addition to changing schedules you would have to put more basal in the afternoon.But to make changes I would gradually make them.First the small readjustment of slow schedules and then if the afternoon basal increase is needed in a few days.

But I insist, it is a suggestion.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/02/2021 5:52 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The insulin action curves are important, the basal insulin according to which it is used has a peak of action at 4 hours.As you go in two shots, I imagine it will be Levemir or Lantus.
Try to change the time, as Jldiazdel says, there should be about 12 hours apart.I used both and put the largest dose (8-10uds) at 22:00 and the reinforcement of 2 units around 10:00.
Then I would see if it is necessary to go up.With hormones there are days that insulin lowers their effect a lot, you will check it as it grows.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2021 8:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @isi
Well, it is common in children of that age.I did a thousand tests changing schedules and quantities of basal, if I got any improvement in the first part of the night I spoiled the sunrise, if it improved the morning spoiled the afternoon ...

When children go to bed and stay in off mode tends to raise glucose, but since they still have something fast it is not a pronounced climb, as I see in your case at 00:00 will not have anything left of dinnerAnd the basal has not started yet to act since you put it at that time, that means (although it also influences that it has dinner) that will rise quite fast and will be high, but you could not upload the basal units much either becauseAt 6:00 he makes a safe hypo (anti-alba effect)

I tell you how I do it in case you want to try wishing you can help you, and I agree with what they have told you previously.

We had around 20:30 skewed its quick and at the end I put basal (Levemir) at 9:00 p.m.hours and so I can cushion that climb so that even if it is a little high, it is gradually descending and at 6:00 it is around 100 or something below.

If it were not enough there is no choice but to correct quickly, and correct without fear, as soon as I see the trend that marks the sensor I do not wait for Hiper, if I see that it already goes for 150 arrow up I put insulin and asYou will have proven to be more units of its sensitivity index, at that time it does not act the same but only in that first part of the night.

This will assume that you surely have to advance the basal of 13:00 and here I recommend talking to your endo, for the following I tell you and how it is in my case.

Basal before leaving home to school (almost at 9:00 in this basal skewer every 12 hours).This will assume that next to the needs that anyone has already eating in mid -morning (if you leave me I get half a loin bar with cheese) that little peak we have commented to 3 hoursSo you will have to eat yes or if even in the event that you are high there comes a time when you will go down quickly.In my case they eat at 11:30 before going to recess, and always carries 1r.Even so, he almost never arrives at that time without eating one or two cookies at 10:30 and as it comes at 14:00 he also usually goes just what he has spent in recess and eats another cookie "all this without insulinFast "about 2 - 2.5 HC rations, that is the risk of changing the basal at that time.

Greetings and many dosses,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
06/03/2021 10:31 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Thank you very much for your comments.We will try to put the slow morning and in the afternoon night.We did so when he debuted in September but had many hypos in the morning and climbs in the afternoon ... we will try again as you propose the 3.

If you fix a thing imbusted, right ??

Thanks for your comments
All the best
Isidoro

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/03/2021 2:31 p.m.

Yes, that usually happens!

Well, in a few days you tell us whether the change works or not

It does not happen regularly that we have to adjust and readjust.Now for example I also have some mismatch with the basal.I think I have to download a unit.Last night they gave me three dances not very strong, but they took my sleep!Maybe I have happened with sport this week.Don't know.But this afternoon under a unit.

We already @isi in a few days

Encouragement, it's not easy

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/03/2021 4:39 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

isi said:
Thank you very much for your comments.We will try to put the slow morning and in the afternoon night.We did so when he debuted in September but had many hypos in the morning and climbs in the afternoon ... we will try again as you propose the 3.

If you fix a thing imbusted, right ??

Thanks for your comments
All the best
Isidoro

I was referring to that first with the endo, when I proposed it to the sameVery satisfied but I didn't get the goal either.

You have already seen that the insulin and intake needs of HC are not the same at every moment of the day.In the morning they tend to lower their glucose and in the afternoon to climb them (phenomenon of sunset) and therefore you put a lot of basal in the morning so that it has an effect in the afternoon, you fix the afternoon but you spoil the morning because it will have to beeating often with high risk of hypo.

If you have controlled the day and afternoon as you are doing now, I almost did not play basal, but you will have to correct with quick almost every day, in my case there are few days that I do not have to correct, and it is because I playWith half basal units depending on what I take at dinner, if for example that day croquetas because I say average basal of tip because otherwise I do not sleep throughout the night ... and if it is weekend and we pay tribute withHamburgers, potatoes, nuggets I have to correct two or even up to 3 times ...

We would all like to give you the solution but it is supercomplicated with a pen to be in rank all night and the day without correcting, I attest ... we are waiting to see if we put bomb after 3 years without sleep and although first I am a little removableI would like to try just for this reason.

Pepeluis77
06/03/2021 6 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

And how do you play with basal insulins?I can't do it with the Levemir pen, it only has entire units ...

Ainns what mess ... the more I read more doubts I have ...
Thank you

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/03/2021 6:09 p.m.

I use Novonordisk feathers for fiasp cartridge (I used to wear novorapid) that you can put half units and if you open (breaking) the less than you realYou would have to do once the Levemir cartridge is taken is to put on the head the orange coupling that the fast cartridges carry so that the needle screws and is perfectly valid in these feathers.

Although they are long -lasting slow insulins if I notice to play with half units by not needing large amounts of them, quickly I don't even tell you how it shows, although I suppose that you have the possibility of putting socks.

Pepeluis77
06/03/2021 8:42 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Well, I tell you a little ... We have improved the mornings and nights with the changes in slow insulin (Levemir) in the morning and night.Take advantage of the morning descent (before arriving at Hipo) to take mid -morning at school (which takes a ration).We avoid breakfast peak and it comes well, something fair, around 90 at food.

The nights also well, it remains stable around 140-160 and begins to go down to 5.30 in the morning to wake up around 100. Except yesterday that at 1 in the morning he was 110 and 2.15 in the morning suddenlyThe Diabox, 190 alarm has sounded and climbing, although we have corrected it has continued up to 240 and then slowly dropped to wake up in 120.

The afternoon bad, 2 and a half hours after eating begins to rise.He does not want us to puncture her again to correct ... this afternoon we have already convinced him to snack and has agreed after a time of struggle ...

Still it is from 15.30/ 16 hrs around 180/200 until 19 that we already click for dinner.

So yes, we have the feeling that if we fix a day section we disagree another.Although in general better like this, in the afternoon he does not go to school.

How does it calculate changes in the basal?I know that if you wake up, I should get up from unity and see results for 2 days, but there are more recommendations depending on the weight?

Thank you
Isidoro

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/07/2021 10:22 p.m.

@Isi have you raised insulin bomb?

marine's profile photo
marine
06/08/2021 12:20 a.m.

marine said:
@isi have you raised insulin bomb?
>

Yes ... your doctor does not consider it necessary ... so to continue fighting, not only with diabetes, but with your endocrine.It makes me want to tell her to be a week at home the next review that we go.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/08/2021 7:19 a.m.

@Isi when the endocrine see that the controls are not good will reconsider ..... the problem behind all this is the money that a bomb costs in front of an insulin ball.

If the endocrine does not convince you, it changes as a doctor.Not everyone is good.

I take out the issue of the bomb because the daughter of a co -worker debuted with 12 years and with the bolis there was no way, they put the bomb and are delighted.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/08/2021 8:29 a.m.

Thank you, if I will continue to insist.We live in a small site and I have no option to change ... I hope it was so easy.

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/08/2021 9:27 a.m.

@Isi, if you upload a unit the basal of the day, maybe the hyper in the afternoon is fixed, with two doses of slow it is complicated and sometimes when it upload it slowly you have to lower the rapid
I don't know if you can go to a dose of slow and fast type in meals.Much more comfortable.
Anyway, it doesn't go wrong, I think glycosilada will go well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2021 11:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@isi, if you upload a unit the basal of the day, maybe the hyper in the afternoon is fixed, with two doses of slow it is complicated and sometimes when it upload it slowQ lower the rapid
I don't know if you can go to a dose of slow and fast type in meals.Much more comfortable.

Thanks Regina, if I will tell Lantus change in our next visit.Several you have already recommended it to me.I have already told you more times, the treatment of diabetes, at least what we know with the bowls seems shabby ... I can't understand it ...
The glycosilada now comes out in Free Style 6.2 but of course at the expense of a titanic effort and sleep very little.I never thought that diabetes would assume so much constant effort ...

Thanks for being and for helping us in bad times.
ISI

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/08/2021 12:40 p.m.

Hi @isi,

Although without seeing the graph it is more complicated to advise you, I think there may be room to play with the fast food.

If after two and a half hours stays in 180/200 with a tendency to continue climbing or remains so high perhaps you can upload the rapid ratio and play over time.

I think that your body continues to digest food once the insulin action time, and although the type of caloria-gross food also comes into play if you get to those 2-2.5 hours after eating this entity 100-140 You may not make hyper until 19:00 or later and practically already have dinner.

For this it would be convenient to know how long it takes for insulin to make the maximum effect.I try to explain it with an example.

If the curve does it when clicking, and at that time it has only climbed to 100 of the 90s you had when you click then you can try to delay the prick 10-15 min and then at the time it would have already digested more foodAnd this is around 150-160 but since insulin is giving everything, it will not do hyper and go down to see if at those two and a half hours it is below 140.

If at the time it is at 180 from the 90s that you had when you click and in no time goes from 140 it is because it lacks a bit of fast ... it is difficult for me to explain better in a forum ..

I encourage that you will surely improve something based on a lot of effort and sacrifice ... that we would not do for them.

Pepeluis77
06/08/2021 11:30 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

regina said:
@isi, if you upload a unit the basal of the day, maybe the hyper in the afternoon is fixed, with two doses of slow it is complicated and sometimes when it upload it slowQ lower the rapid

Thanks Regina, if I will tell Lantus change in our next visit.Several you have recommended it to me and I think it is a good option to try another slow insulin and save a puncture per day.

Thank you

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/08/2021 11:47 p.m.

pepeluis77 said:
hello @isi,

Although without seeing the graph it is more complicated to advise you, I think there may be room to play with the fast food.

If after two and a half hours stays in 180/200 with a tendency to continue climbing or remains so high perhaps you can upload the rapid ratio and play over time.

I think that your body continues to digest food once the insulin action time, and although the type of caloria-gross food also comes into play if you get to those 2-2.5 hours after eating this entity 100-140 You may not make hyper until 19:00 or later and practically already have dinner.

For this it would be convenient to know how long it takes for insulin to make the maximum effect.I try to explain it with an example.

If the curve does it when clicking, and at that time it has only climbed to 100 of the 90s you had when you click then you can try to delay the prick 10-15 min and then at the time it would have already digested more foodAnd this is around 150-160 but since insulin is giving everything, it will not do hyper and go down to see if at those two and a half hours it is below 140.

If at the time it is at 180 from the 90s that you had when you click and in no time goes from 140 it is because it lacks a bit of fast ... it is difficult for me to explain better in a forum ..

I encourage that you will surely improve something based on a lot of effort and sacrifice ... that we would not do for them.

Thank you!!No, the climb in the afternoon is now later, around 18 hours and 2 hours after eating is in 100-110. I think we have well adjusted the food ratio, in addition to daily we usually eat extremely well, Quinoa, puree, legumes ... and grilled meat or fish.Someday meat in sauce but little fat.So I am almost convinced that this climb from 18 is because the base of the slow one that I have put at 8.45 in the morning ends.

I am afraid to try another slow unit in the morning XK already makes us hip at 10.30 that is when he takes lunch at school.

We are fixing it by putting a rapid correction at 6 pm on the days that has not run much in the park.The bad thing is that he wants to have dinner soon and we are gathered insulin.Constant learning.
Thanks for your comments.
Isidoro

Isi's profile photo
Isi
06/08/2021 11:54 p.m.

I apologize, I understood that it was high from 15:30.Well, then you have it very well controlled.

These increases told me that they are also common in children and that it is called the effect of sunset, as you see there are more than a thousand things that affect diabetes ...

My son does not usually snack and so that he does not shoot there is no other than putting a little more basal with the risk of having to eat more during the morning ... if you can prove to put half units in Levemir so that there is noAn abrupt change, and that I also comment to change the endo but told me that in three -year -old children it was the best ... and has spent time and still with it.He also told me the same as Fiasp when he came out and to the next consultation he told me that he could and replaced novorapid to Las Bravas ...

Pepeluis77
06/09/2021 12:22 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.