Free2 PARCHADA VS DEXCOM G6

Antonio200's profile photo   09/07/2021 5:58 p.m.

Good afternoon.I am using free2 which, as you know, makes it a CGM.I have the possibility to go to G6.Those who use it, what advantages do you see the free?Dexcom follows the trends faster than free, but the G6 sensor must be changed more frequently and in general it is more spectacular ...
I thank you for your comments.
All the best

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
09/07/2021 5:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Antonio200

You know what about tastes ...

I used at the beginning of my diabetes the free1 for about 10 months until I gave me a great allergy in the skin.As many in this forum some sensors were very bad.But what very bad.
I've been with DG6 for more than 2 years.And in my experience they have nothing to see.DG6 is substantially more precise and superior.A different world.I have only had a problem with a sensor.Just with a sensor in two years!
DG6 can be calibrate and that makes a big difference.The first day I usually calibrate several times because it is sometimes more differences.After the first day of calibrations, it works like a clock.
I like that it only lasts 10 days for my skin.
And alarms work great via Bluetooth.And you can configure different day and night alarms.I have it with iPhone and I see the readings in the iWatch.And there is nothing strange to patch.It works perfect.Send readings every 5 m.If I take DG6 carbohydrates it detects it at 10-15 m.A wonder.I leave the iPhone at night only connected to Bluetooth, and that's it.And I sleep great and quiet.For me it was a great change.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/07/2021 6:26 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much for your help :-)
All the best

Antonio200
09/07/2021 7:56 p.m.

This is another opinion, without assessing whether one is better/worse than the other.

I have no experience with DGX (5 or 6), but with free 1 and free 2. true that everyone who uses DG talks about its precision.But for me it is also important (a) the cost per year and (b) that is "minimalist.
I discarded the DG in its day because it seemed a mess to have to change the BT Issuer after having paid it and quite expensive, and that the combination of sensor and emitter is so "big" (I know it is not so much, but for me it is).
On the other hand: with free (1 or 2) an issuer like Miaomiao and an app like XDrip I have options similar to those commented by @jldiazdel: you can calibrate to improve precision (they worked well for me in terms of precision, knowing how to calibrate whenIt must, when flat).It detects well up and down of HC as @jldiazdel comments, after 10-15 minutes ... In fact, I have proven that even with glucose gel the time it takes to react the body (HC absorption) is around that time.I did not observe that there is that delay, except when I use direct connection between the ProudLink APP and XDRIP (the algorithm makes it a slow to follow the ups/down), but it improves a lot if the XDRIP app is used with direct to free connection2 andIn the background, the small OOP2 app to be able to calibrate (it is an inverse engineering app that transforms the direct reading of the sensor sent by the appthlated app into gross values ​​and these in values ​​calculated depending on calibrations).

I also leave the mobile in plane mode connected by BT and the program warns if there are ups/down.

Therefore, several of the supposed advantages of DGX do not seem to be exclusive to the system.

Of course, as you say, it's a matter of taste.But my economy does not give for DGX.Of course, almost all laboratories have their things to "fall" and "loyalty."It is well known that the DG5 could be extended in duration (some up to 100 days or more, if I remember correctly) but the emitter BT could not extend, or something like that .... how easy it would be to recharge the battery and not haveWhat to change it.

In my case, I could extend the free1 with an app designed to restart it at 0 days, and I got to extend some to 20-25 days, but it was already noted that from the 20th it began to go to less (the gross data were veryLow until I saw, it became almost 0 constant ...)

If the cost was another, I would have fewer doubts.So envy you give me, @jldiazdel

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/07/2021 8:29 p.m.

Thanks to you too.I have used the G4 for years, and the sensor has last 60 days when the useful life is supposed to be seven (yes, 60, it is not a typographic error).The last just 15 days, the filaments had to carry less reactive, I don't know.They cost me a money but I was delighted.When I went to free2 I did not notice much difference in precision (the Dexcom followed the trend faster and in high readings it was more precise than free, but they are less of the time).Now that they offer me the I doubt because I do as you, I use the patching app and oop when there is a lot of difference between the glucometer and the free.In addition, the G6 is larger and you have to change it every 10 days instead of every 14, then the transmitter is spent and you have to change it too, it takes two hours to heat and the process in more cognizage (so I read thesensor code, it is not enough to scan it ...).I will try it before deciding because with free2 I am delighted.
Thanks again to both.

Antonio200
09/07/2021 8:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.