Anxiolytics and hypoglycemia?

Kukerilla's profile photo   09/08/2021 11:59 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if someone is taking some anxiolytic, Diazepam or Valium type, and if they have experienced hypoglycemia.After 16 years with type 1 diabetes, I am having very constant stress situations, mainly because of the bad control that I have lately, and the doctor wants me to take them, but it is a little scary because I have heard that they can cause hypos when the treatmentIt is daily.

Thank you so much!

Kukerilla's profile photo
Kukerilla
09/08/2021 11:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Kukerilla Hello, you will see years ago I took diazepan and did not cause me hypos.
I took at night and TB in the morning PQ due to a problem other than diabetes, I had anxiety attacks and even caused me.
It helped me with that problem I had.
I took the 5mg

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/08/2021 9:33 p.m.

@vanesa30 thanks for the info.That happens to me, that anxiety attacks cause me hypos, but the endocrine has told me that it is weird because it is usually the opposite, that anxiety gives hyper.Well, I'll try then.Thanks again ☺️

Kukerilla's profile photo
Kukerilla
09/09/2021 8:32 a.m.

@Kukerilla, maybe with a low dose
, you solve everything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/09/2021 12:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

kukerilla said:
@vanesa30 thanks for the info.That happens to me, that anxiety attacks cause me hypos, but the endocrine has told me that it is weird because it is usually the opposite, that anxiety gives hyper.Well, I'll try then.Thanks again ☺️

Anxiety affects each one in a different way.
What better 😉

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/09/2021 12:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.