{'en': 'Urgent glycemia decrease', 'es': 'Bajada urgente de la glucemia'} Image

Urgent glycemia decrease

antonio3334's profile photo   06/06/2021 1:30 p.m.

I have always wondered if insulin in vein would have hypoglycemic effects more effective than its normal subcutaneous dosing.

A partner says that it is.

The post this would be to know what injection techniques exists?

How are you learned and how is the dose quantified?

I am talking about going down from 400 mgr/dl to Normoglycemia as soon as possible.

To my doing it costs me about 40 units and 1 hour and a half.Ensuring these attentive to possible hypo/rebound.

This way of controlling it has always seemed to me.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
06/06/2021 1:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Intravenous insulin acts much earlier, it is the one that puts you mixed with serum when debuts to quickly lower glycemia.
Now, any intravenous injection has to be put on a toilet, normally the nursing.

The insulins we use have their peak at 2 hours.
What you should do is reach 400mg/dl (sometimes it is difficult) with a healthy diet, sport and managing you the proper insulin.Over time one is known and knows if a dose should be put before eating or two, one before and one at the end.With the sensors you can anticipate when you see the rise trend arrows.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2021 1:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good @Antonio3334

This can help you ...

marine's profile photo
marine
06/06/2021 5:34 p.m.

@Antonio3334 40 units?It will be basal I imagine.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
06/18/2021 11:58 p.m.

@Antonio3334, it is not good to lower at a lot of speed when it is so high.I have read that.
40 fast units to download 400?
Will you get enough slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/21/2021 2:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Antonio3334 I say the same as @regina ... to download from 400 mg/dl ... 40 units ??? ... is that a barbarity !!!

Can you clarify a little more?

I worry that we do not give adequate information and someone tries to inject that amount of fast insulin and in vein !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2021 11:49 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

By the way, thank you very much @marine for sharing those images, very practical!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2021 11:50 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
@Antonio3334 I say the same as @regina ... to download 400 mg/dl ... 40 units ??? ... is that a barbarity !!!

Can you clarify a little more?

I worry that we do not give adequate information and someone tries to inject that amount of fast insulin and in vein !!!

Why is it barbarity?Could you explain it?I have put up to 80 subcutaneous units in severe cases.Precisely why by applying it subcutaneous.

antonio3334
06/23/2021 11:54 a.m.

@Antonio3334 As you ask @Fer to explain it we would have to know more about you.

What type of diabetes do you have, what treatment do you have, if you have any other pathology, weight ...

Of course, if you don't know why you get to 400, because as you have been telling you or it is very normal to reach that figure (in 20 years of diabetes I only had it when I debuted) nor is it normal to put 40 units to lower that.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/23/2021 noon

Of course, I explain @Antonio3334, (and forgive if my previous comment has sounded edge).

If you are talking about fast insulins (eg novorapid), with those amounts you can give you a diabetic coma, so it is important to know, the units they are insulin?

On the other hand, I recommend reading the issues of correction and calculation of HC.

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2021 12:01 p.m.

I add this topic too, which seems important to the case.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2021 12:02 p.m.

marine said:
@Antonio3334 As you ask @fer to explain it we would have to know more about you.

What type of diabetes do you have, what treatment do you have, if you have any other pathology, weight ...

Of course, if you don't know why you get to 400, because as you have been commenting on or it is very normal/Blockquote>

Well let's see.Getting to 400 is the easiest in the world.Bend the pump's catheter, stop the sleeping pump, be "poisoned" by precooked foods whose label says that one has a HC that are not even those or it comes out that a glycemic index is huge.Disease.Nervous scare or breakdown.Everyone knows that hyperglycemia is the easiest in the world for DB1.

Treatment that I have insulin.Weight already close to 100 for nerve cords and confinements.I don't know, I think your statements as if I were one in debut.My debut was with 700 mg/dl and neither entered in a coma in case you want to know.They left me XXXXX and gave me vitamins after several questions to ask what happened to 2 doctors, I had to diagnose a friend with a relative with DB.It does not seem like DB's life is pink.I'm glad you don't have 400 I don't want anyone.

antonio3334
06/23/2021 12:11 p.m.

fer said:
add this topic too, which seems important to the case.

Link

Thanks for the notes.I do not intend to say that my life is generalizable.Controlling with less dose is clear this.It all depends on how much "pain" aguantes for hyperglycemia.My claims because of this, is that lowering the levels is the fastest form, so the reason for the post.

Another way for example is to use several subcutaneous punctures so as not to "flood" with 1 dose, use different areas of the body etc, that has not served me.

Thank you.

antonio3334
06/23/2021 12:16 p.m.

Antonio3334 said:
marine said:
@Antonio3334 As you ask @Fer to explain it we would have to know more about you.

Of course, if you don't know why you get to 400, because as you have been commenting on or it is very normal/Blockquote>

Well let's see.Getting to 400 is the easiest in the world.Bend the pump's catheter, stop the sleeping pump, be "poisoned" by precooked foods whose label says that one has a HC that are not even those or it comes out that a glycemic index is huge.Disease.Nervous scare or breakdown.Everyone knows that hyperglycemia is the easiest in the world for DB1.

Treatment that I have insulin.Weight already close to 100 for nerve cords and confinements.I don't know, I think your statements as if I were one in debut.My debut was with 700 mg/dl and neither entered in a coma in case you want to know.They left me XXXXX and gave me vitamins after several questions to ask what happened to 2 doctors, I had to diagnose a friend with a relative with DB.It does not seem like DB's life is pink.I'm glad you don't have 400 I don't want anyone.

Sometimes you try to help, and get the totally contrary feedback.

Your post was about injection techniques and that part is resolved.

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
06/23/2021 12:22 p.m.

@Antonio3334 What kind of insulin do you use?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2021 12:28 p.m.

I still think that you can avoid reaching 400mg/dl and that something you have badly calculated.
I have tried not to put insulin and at the most I reached 280mg/dl, the basal does something.
Have you consulted it with an endocrine?But one really, not a friend's acquaintance.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/24/2021 2:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.