Corrector bolus

energymen's profile photo   09/12/2021 11:40 p.m.

Good,! ☺️ Yes two hours, after eating.In the glycemic control, I get a hyper!It could be corrected, even knowing that there is an active insulin? I use the novorapid that lasts between 3 to 5h.And I put it at 20:45 so I still haven't finished the effect, but scheme, I don't want to be so much with hyperglycemic symptoms and I would like to manage a corrective bolus, but it would cause me a hip !!You ... when you usually, have, a hyper .. corregís at the time, or edpeis that you end the effect of the fast? In my case when I have hypers, for the despair of correcting that hyper at the time,It gives me anxiety not being able to do it for active insulin.

energymen's profile photo
energymen
09/12/2021 11:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Energymen

Novorapid after about two and a half hours - 3 h, it has a very residual effect.If you are not going to walk, it is as if you no longer had insulin.After two and a half hours or three hours, I put a correction.That if I am in mind if I'm going to be still or I'm going to move, because the movement multiplies the effect of insulin.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/13/2021 10:13 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I just like @jldiazdel.
I do not wait for Hiper Great, at the hour and a half if it continues to rise above 180 and with rising rise arrow.According to what I have eaten, I know that it will not go down alone.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2021 12:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok, then, I can also correct in 1h and 30m and 2hrs right?

energymen's profile photo
energymen
09/15/2021 9:31 a.m.

It depends a little on what you have eaten, if it is slow digestion, if you are moving or you are going to move, your body that day, etc.etc

But as a simple rule to use the two hours of reference, more or less, it is useful to start thinking about putting a possible correction

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/15/2021 6:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello, my name is Natividad, I am new I want to tell you that I have gone through all diabetes according to my doctor debut with gestation diabetes to 6 years and from there I controlled me only with 1 metformin a day, in May last year I gave me the Covid 19And there begins the lack of control of diabetes I began to climb the dose of metformin to 2 and then 3 without being able to control it, then they prescribed me forxiga which produced a ketoacidosis, I went to a diabetologist made me the peptide C, immunological markers which came outAll positive and the peptide C very low, diabetes 1 I am with lantus and novarapid 2 times a day, which on my side is a lot of food and carbohydrate counting, I would like if you can advise me to give me examples of menu or something, byMedical indication I must consume 40 CH to breakfast, 45 CH to lunch 40 at eleven and 45 at dinner
Help
Greetings

N118mj's profile photo
N118mj
09/17/2021 3:59 a.m.

Hello, Natividad, welcome. Forum., You will see how little by little you control it, but the step to insulin is complicated at the beginning, and you have to adjust dose.
Then you are automating it.
You can eat everything, but adjusting the hydrates.I don't know if the continuous meter has been put and they have referred to an endocrine.You will need some nurse classes to give you examples of diets and and help you with control at the beginning.
Take it easy, the most important thing is now to avoid hypos, although, if you have them, the juices come to trace them.
You are starting and you have to observe the controls and adjust little by little.The important thing is control, more than the number of meals, because maybe those 40 grams at 11 do not need them, if you are not low.
Little by little...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/17/2021 9:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Natividad @n118MJ
You must eat the amount of hydrates you need.
When I debuted my diet it was:
- Breakfast 2.5 rations of CH
- Lunch 1 ration
- Food 3 rations
- Snack 1 ration
- Dinner 3 portions
Then I left lunch and snack.1 ration are 10g of cho

The most important thing is to have stable values ​​and put the insulin that one is needed.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/17/2021 5:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

n118mj said:
hello, my name nativity, I'm newA day, in May of last year I gave me the Covid 19 and there the lack of control of diabetes began I began to raise the dose of metformin to 2 and then 3 without being able to control it, then they prescribed me forxiga which produced a ketoacidosis, I went toA Diabetologist made me the C Peptide, immunological markers which all positive and the peptideIf you can advise me to give me examples of menu or something, by medical indication I must consume 40 CH to breakfast, 45 CH to lunch 40 to eleven and 45 at dinner
Help
Greetings

n118mj said:
hello, my name nativity, I'm newA day, in May of last year I gave me the Covid 19 and there the lack of control of diabetes began I began to raise the dose of metformin to 2 and then 3 without being able to control it, then they prescribed me forxiga which produced a ketoacidosis, I went toA Diabetologist made me the C Peptide, immunological markers which all positive and the peptideIf you can advise me to give me examples of menu or something, by medical indication I must consume 40 CH to breakfast, 45 CH to lunch 40 to eleven and 45 at dinner
Help
Greetings

n118mj said:
Help
Greetings

Everything takes time and at the beginning is crazy ... many concepts and little preparation .. think that you can eat more or less the same as before, you just have to adapt the quantities.If you used to roasted and coffee before, you can continue with the same, the only thing you have to do is weigh the bread without toast and know that every 20 gr is a ration, and the milk normally a glass is 0.5 (look the label,To calculate it always divide 1000 by the amount of hydrates that indicate the product label every 100gr).
If the bread is better integral by the type of absorption but you will learn that little by little .. On the Internet you have tables indicating very good approaches on how much each ration has.I use it almost daily, my daughter debuted in February and my life was crazy at the beginning.Now we are going very well and I have come to the conclusion that it is only a matter of knowing that to eat and weigh, seriously that there is not much more, at least to start .. I wish you all the luck of the world and my advice is that you take information informationFrom a little so as not to get

Good day

Arigato's profile photo
Arigato
09/19/2021 11:35 a.m.

energy said:
good,! ☺️ Yes two hours, after eating.In the glycemic control, I get a hyper!It could be corrected, even knowing that there is an active insulin? I use the novorapid that lasts between 3 to 5h.And I put it at 20:45 so I still haven't finished the effect, but scheme, I don't want to be so much with hyperglycemic symptoms and I would like to manage a corrective bolus, but it would cause me a hip !!You ... when you usually, have, a hyper .. corregís at the time, or edpeis that you end the effect of the fast? In my case when I have hypers, for the despair of correcting that hyper at the time,It gives me anxiety not being able to do it for active insulin.

Hello, I settled on the mobile an application called Social Diabetes, configuring it knowing how much Insulina you need to lower the glucose, for example, in my case if I put the glucose 50 I get the glucose.In the configuration you also put the insulin you need for each ration for each meal and so the app makes the calculation.Once configured, when I add the data of rations and insulin that I put on, and after eating I add the glucose I have, and the application if I have to correct with insulin tells me, because it takes into account the insulin that I have left.The truth helps a lot

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
09/19/2021 1:23 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I like @jldiazdel.
I do not wait for Hiper Great, at the hour and a half if it continues to rise above 180 and with rising rise arrow.According to what I have eaten, I know that it will not go down alone.

It depends on the movement that I am going to have, if I am going to run or walk I do not wear anything to avoid hypos ...

epilout's profile photo
epilout
09/20/2021 1:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.