My girlfriend is diabetic

sanic's profile photo   05/14/2021 10:15 a.m.

Hello a greeting to all, I am new in this forum.
A few months ago I had left with a girl who is now my girlfriend, about 2 months ago she confessed that she had diabetes 5 years ago, and to be honest it is my first experience with a diabetic person, I have many doubts about it.She told me that she had a metformin treatment, but that she does not need it for a while, and that she feels good only with eating healthy and exercising.As a couple I have doubts about how to help her and be a good boyfriend for her.And also for a future, how our life would be as a couple, of a future pregnancy and as well as a contraceptive method.I hope you help me and clarify my doubts, beforehand you thank you from the heart

sanic's profile photo
sanic
05/14/2021 10:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
If your girlfriend takes metformin is type 2 diabetes. You should simply eat healthy and exercise, which should be doing if for now you don't need the pill.
Therefore it is a normal life, it does not differ from another person.
And you to be a good boyfriend you have to be faithful, affectionate, friend ... Anyway, a good person, as you would be with another girl.There is no difference.😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/14/2021 noon

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@sanic

Well the fact that you want to inform yourself is very good.Talk to her about the subject.And you can take advantage of you to learn to eat healthy as she does.If you take metformin it is type 2 diabetes. Find out about DM2.On the Internet there is a lot of information and it is to import that you do not confuse it with type 1.
So you comment very well controlled.The best thing is that you do sports together.And don't worry about the rest.You can have many many children, if you feel like it.Normal life.And enjoy what you are young

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/14/2021 2:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.