Inject in two places at the same time

kapi2454's profile photo   09/13/2021 1:52 a.m.

Hello people.I have a question.What happens if instead of injecting 2 units on one side.I injected one into the belly and another in the arm?

Does the body absorb two places simultaneously and lower faster?
The question comes why sometimes the dose is poorly calculated or we eat more and we must give us what is missing.

Thank you

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/13/2021 1:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, you have two units that go to the blood and act on glucose by introducing it into the cells.
It doesn't matter where you put them on, although the abdomen is faster absorption.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2021 2:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But being at two different points, does not absorb faster?
I imagine throwing 10ml of gasoline with a needle at a small paper on.And then with two needles of 5ml each do the same, at the same time.The fire will turn on stronger.Since it has 2 income points and will last less since instead of 10ml, we have 5ml.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/13/2021 2:19 p.m.

I would try 5 punctures in different sites of 2 ml each, and if the fire is very strong asia some chestnuts

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/13/2021 2:42 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Actually it is the opposite, I have colleagues who, as they forgot or mislead.They make him injecting what they lacked elsewhere.And from there comes my question.I estimate that it should not be highly recommended

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/13/2021 5:24 p.m.

It is indifferent.You just have to keep in mind that absorption is not the same in all areas.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/13/2021 5:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think that if you injected one into the gut and another in the arm what you would get would be the opposite, that is, one slower absorption.In theory, as the companions have told you, in the gut it is absorbed faster so that of the arm it would take a little longer to take effect.
But all this is pure personal opinion.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
09/13/2021 7:32 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Because slower if the body is absorbing at the same time from two places, it means that you are injected into the sides of the belly.One on each side.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/13/2021 7:57 p.m.

That doesn't work that way.Absorption is not faster because you diversify insulin injection areas.It is indifferent.The effects are not overlap, but are added as when injected into a single dose.Read it in the prospect.

What changes are the times.
In insulins with coverage of 20-22 hours you have to put 90% basal at the X hour and the other 10% after 10 hours of the hour x.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2021 12:12 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@kapi2454, imagine you have a cube full of water and want to dye it red.
The same gives you the same amount of paint on one side, as dividing it into two and throwing it on two sides.In the end in the water the same paint will stay and dye it of the same color.
Yes, the paint was insulin and water, what matters is the amount of paint you put.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/15/2021 2:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@kapi2454, imagine you have a cube full of water and want to dye it red.
The same gives you the same amount of paint on one side, as dividing it into two and throwing it on two sides.In the end in the water the same paint will stay and dye it of the same color.
Well, the paint was insulin and water, what matters is the amount of paint you put.
And which of the buckets will it be dyed before?If you throw the 5mm per two faster anger and that's what the question goes.

I do not find the prospect now to verify what Ruthbia says.I have to go on that side, the endocrinologist does not really know how to answer very well.Sometimes it gives me the feeling that they are trying and has no idea about diabetes.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/15/2021 2:56 a.m.

But it has to dissolve throughout the blood .. solubility increases with the contact surface and with the temperature.
They are not variables that change significantly in this case.
You can increase the blood contact surface in areas of less fat, and
You could increase the absorption speed by applying heat, giving a massage or exercising, although abrupt low glucose drops are not recommended.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/15/2021 4:39 a.m.

kapi2454 said:
regina said:
@kapi2454, imagine that you have a cube full of water and you want to dye it red.
Well, the paint was insulin and water, what matters is the amount of paint you put.
And which of the buckets will it be dyed before?If you throw the 5mm per two faster anger and that's what the question goes.

I do not find the prospect now to verify what Ruthbia says.I have to go on that side, the endocrinologist does not really know how to answer very well.Sometimes it gives me the feeling that they are trying and has no idea about diabetes.

What insulin do you use?

Alberto_13
09/15/2021 noon

For example, a toxicomano that injected heroina, do you think that if a paper that is injected if it is injected into several places would make more or less effect?

Alberto_13
09/15/2021 12:20 p.m.

It is no more effect, the same effect is faster.
For example instead of taking a medication and processed by the digestive system.They are injected directly into the blood.It is almost the same only that acts faster.Like sub lingual medications.
That in the case of a diabetic it has a more abrupt Blood sugar downturn.You know what you feel when you go abruptly.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/15/2021 1:29 p.m.

I repeat, that insulin uses, because if it is basal of slow effect it will have a slow effect, much that you click on different places, and if they are fast it will have a quick effect by many places that you click as long as it is the same amount, so if you tell meThe insulin that you get explained to you the chemical, physiological effect that produces in the face another answer would mean that you are teaching us

Alberto_13
09/15/2021 1:39 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
I repeat, which insulin uses, because if it is basal of slow effect it will have a slow effect that you have click on different sites, and if they are fast it will have a quick effect by many sites thatYou click while it is the same amount, so if you tell me the insulin that you put on, I explain the chemical, physiological effect that produces in the face another answer would mean that you are teaching us

Sorry for the delay, Lantus at 12 noon and Novorapid before food.The question was not only for me, I see that colleagues do this of injected and the doubt arose if I had any bad consequence.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/15/2021 6:22 p.m.

For Lantus reads point 4

Link

Alberto_13
09/15/2021 9:34 p.m.

For novorapid the same
Link

Alberto_13
09/15/2021 9:36 p.m.

Thanks for the Link Alberto I read points 4 and I didn't find what I was looking for.
Another example is when you have to get 6 units.And only have another one left another syringe and you finish putting the 2 missing.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/16/2021 2:04 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.