{'en': 'Many doubts!', 'es': 'Muchas dudas!'} Image

Many doubts!

meiga212's profile photo   05/17/2021 9:33 p.m.

Good night!

I am new and surely I am doing things wrong and I should have presented me elsewhere.

I write for my father that he is type2 diabetic and I am quite worried because he has lost weight in a short time .. Look of his analysis and I was surprised to see glucose in aid to 192
1000 urine glucose ...

I don't understand anything but I understand that is very bad.

Take forxiga in the morning and metformin.

He has always had excess weight, but has been losing weight for a while and, above all, lack of muscle tone.A month ago they vaccinated him with Astrazeneca and I don't know what to think.I hope you can guide me a little.

It is normal to lose weight in type 2 .. I always thought it is more common in type 1 but as I tell you I understand the fair.

Thank you so much!

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/17/2021 9:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Meiga212, they will have to follow up and control glycosylated hemoglobin, which is the best control indicator.
If it is above 7, it may not be enough with oral treatment and need insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2021 5:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for your answer @regina
Tomorrow goes to the nurse and I imagine that they will ask for analysis.
I think he has never had it well controlled.I guess a year ago if they would look at him the glycosilada .. I know that once he had it in 10 and sent him to the endocrine .. he had to go down and never again.I feel a lot of frustration for not being able to do anything.
And now seeing him that he has lost weight I am very scared and nor does he tell anything .. he just said he noticed that he had many gases ..

Thanks for this forum!

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/18/2021 9:10 a.m.

Weight loss is a poorly controlled diabetes symptom and also one of the side effects of metformin is the loss of weight, the vaccine has nothing to do with my TB they have vaccinated me with Astrazeneca.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/18/2021 9:12 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thanks @Alberto_13

He has never taken it very seriously ... it's from those of .. I only have a little sugar.I wish he took it as you and was rigorous with the subject.He has no glucometer, he has me desperate.
Yes, something had read about metformin ... but how it has been taking it for years and never affected the weight

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/18/2021 9:37 a.m.

If it is not controlled and is high, it is normal to lose weight.Glucose goes to blood instead of muscles and weight is lost, the type of diabetes does not matter.It happened to me and I am type2, I was very high (without knowing it) and losing weight although I ate a lot.
So the important thing is to control glucose well.That asks for glucometer, to make glycosilada, and depending on that, measures are taken.And if you have to put insulin (I wear), to put on.It will change everything for you.

But only with what you say, 192 on an empty stomach, glucose in urine and weight loss ... It is very poorly controlled and very high, it is clear.
Help him what you can control and take it seriously.He insists the doctor to test him and change the treatment if he who has no longer works.Ask for glucometer, you can buy it on Amazon.
And for whatever you want, here we are

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/18/2021 10:02 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much to all @isabelbota

I will do that, I trust that everything goes well .. is that I am very hypochondriac .. totally the opposite of him.
And if what you say .. fully reduced muscle tone and I no longer know if I look more than normal ... but I see him weak and like the fatal pulse and it is not so old .. he is only 64 years old

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/18/2021 10:32 a.m.

@Meiga212
Well, with that age he has a lot of life ahead, he must control well if he wants to have quality of life.
I am not going to deny that this is a little pain (control the food, not forget about the medication, exercise systematically) but if you get used to it, then you are much better, since when the glycemia lower the tiredness is reduced, the exercise youIt puts fit, and you are healthier.
The issue is that if you ignore, the disease is gradually destroying you.As you do not show until it is too late you have to be very aware of the importance of daily control.Also knowing that for a day with bad results nothing happens, this is the continuity in time.
I am still getting used to, I was detected in December.And I tell you.There are days that I think it is not so much, there are days that I think that this is shit, but whatever, I control myself a lot, meals and exercise and I have improved a lot, I am at normal levels.And that always encourages and makes feeling good.
Forgive the roll, but the first thing is that your father is aware that poorly controlled diabetes can lead to a very poor quality of life.And you do not scare yourself, that does not happen in two days, but you have to control well.
When your father assumes that, he will take care of himself, you'll see.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/18/2021 10:44 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much for the spirits, totally agree with you. It is a matter of carrying good habits and getting used to
I hope it is so and if they have to send insulin to be sent
And it cannot be that it has 192 or some lower day and that they do not tell him that this cannot be

What will you have after eating ... or when you have spent hours!

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/18/2021 11:01 a.m.

@Meiga212

I would ask for now, if you can, an appointment with the endocrine.These values ​​are very high and clear because it loses weight as you have explained.His whole body is suffering a lot and is very young to be so out of control.You can try to scare him.Tell him, and it is not a lie, that outsourced people of diabetes for a while can end up losing a foot (I saw him in the hospital when they entered me and left very impressed) and the view.Apart from thousands of other neurological problems.
Maybe the endocrine helps him control.
At the moment I eat much less carbohydrates to the appointment with the doctor.You may have to put insulin and maybe readjust the pills.
I hope you get it
all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/18/2021 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks @jldiazdel

You are right, who better than you to advise me.
The worst of all this is that we live it with my grandfather, but it seems that he does not remember and it is always what will not happen to me ... until it happens.
All this of the pandemic has caught in the middle .. I understand the saturation that has been but you cannot disregard other things and that today still do not attend to what things.

If tomorrow has an appointment.Last year in July they got out of control.
In November they repeated and that they are already well what went wrong .. but if you return to the same habits I imagine that it is wrong again.

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/18/2021 11:41 a.m.

Diabetes requires discipline, one day you can get out of control or two, but no more.

Your father has thinned with the burning of fats by not being able to use glucose.So you will surely have ketone bodies.It will also be drinking a lot of water.
If the doctor is competent, he will make a test in consultation to detect the ketone and glucose bodies, and send him to endocrinology by urgency.They attempt in the day.(This was my debut)

The important thing is to reduce carbohydrate intake, which walks at least one hour a day.And the medication is taken.If you do in less than 1 month you will notice.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2021 8:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

They have asked for analysis and with the results you will see if they change medication
They have also made an electro since one day the accelerated rhythm came out and the result has been good.

In the exploration the thyroid has felt and he told him that it could be that .. something will have noticed I say.Waiting for the analysis.

I will tell you

meiga212's profile photo
meiga212
05/19/2021 11:10 a.m.

@Meiga212 I have not read what age your dad is.192 is very high on an empty stomach, it is a sign of bad control.Maybe glucose after eating also has it high.A glycosylated study will be important.It is important that carbohydrates down, to walk a little daily, at least start for 20 minutes and go up (I did so and now a daily way 1 hour).Surely the medications will adjust, 192 on an empty stomach is very high.

Well -controlled diabetes can allow a good quality of life, but in uncontrolled it has very strong consequences such as loss of sight, renal damage (I am not sure), nervous problems, reaching dialysis, etc.

What to get to that?Hopefully I will improve soon and follow your recommendations and those of the doctor.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/22/2021 8:05 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.