New in the forum

Lucero's profile photo   09/20/2021 6:26 p.m.

Alcohol is not detected as such in glyc.(that's why they say alcohol fattens or are empty calories)

I do not drink much, so I have no references but the same thing what the endo is not the glyc, but on the weekends it has a few not very normal hours that do not coincide with food intake.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/06/2021 12:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
alcohol is not detected as such in glyc, but it is true that while the liver metabolizes alcohol the fat accumulates in the body and can give you a high blood cellWhen the alcohol of the fat that remains out there has just been metabolized.(that's why they say alcohol fattens or are empty calories)

I do not drink much, so I have no references but the same thing what the endo is not the glyc, but on the weekends it has a few not very normal hours that do not coincide with food intake.

But that would not be in glycosilada, it would be seeing the daily graphics.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/06/2021 2:36 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Normally when they do analysis you include transaminases and ggt that if you sing whether you drink or not

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/06/2021 3:18 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Oscar38 said:
glycosylated hemoglobin is one of the things in the analytics that the endocrine look most in our revisions.It should be low.If I remember correctly I started touching 7.0 and after a lot of treatment time I have managed to approach 6. I ignore exactly what corresponds in medical terms, but what is said, is the first thing the doctor looks.By the way, if you drink alcohol in a "solvent" way, it also goes up and the doctor tells you as a "careful".In general it is a measure of long -term evolution of blood glucose, not the profiles we present in a certain term when we are going to review.

Hello, good afternoon.So alcohol rises glycosilada, but lowers glucose when you drunk?

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
10/06/2021 6:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Specifically, alcohol (without hydrates) glymia lowalcohol

Link

Alberto_13
10/06/2021 6:27 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
glycosilada is a parameter that can see you in analytics and is what they are based to see if you are diabetic.Indicates the average glucose that you have had in the last 3 months, therefore it is much more real and reliable than a specific value.It can come in the analytics such as A1C or other names that I don't remember ...
And ask here what you want that for that we are, nobody is born knowing.

Now I have understood.Thank you very much for the info, friend.:)

Lucero's profile photo
Lucero
10/07/2021 9:36 a.m.

Debut Diabético en 25 JUL 2018 (DM2) causada por pancreatitis crónica :'(
Tratamiento antidiabético: Insulina lenta TOUJEO SoloStar + Insulina rápida NovoRapid FlexPen
Seguimiento y Control de Glucosa: Sistema FreeStyle Libre 2 (ocasionalmente glucómetro y tiras reactivas Contour Next)

Isabelbota said:
Hi Lucero.
Are you type 2 with slow and fast?Well there we walk ...
Look, one thing.Get used to, there is no other.There is a spooky stories of people who have gone from the subject and the consequences are not nonsense for the forum.
Regarding you click on your fingers, I don't know, on the side of some fingers it doesn't hurt so much.
I buy the sensor and in spite of that you have to click sometimes to check rare readings.
And in the end you have not said glycosilada ...

Three comments:

1. I know I have to get used to it.I have that clear.In addition, I have great ease to get used to almost everything (with exceptions and exceptions for some customs).Therefore for me it is easy to get used to this ... the difficult thing is constancy and perseverance to make profiles, and much more for punctures (so much that I become very few and I will start using sensors to reduce punctures).

2. It is true that the consequences derived from indifference and passotism can be catastrophic and spooky as you say well;and therefore the matter must be taken very, very seriously (control, diet, execution and strict compliance with the scheduled treatment). This matter is not nonsense .You're right.

3. My problem with the punctures is not that they hurt me (they don't hurt me).My problem is that I do not want so many punctures to look like "a crane cheese" :#.That is why the use of sensors will be the best solution;since they will reduce the need for as many punctures as until now.No?: '(

Lucero's profile photo
Lucero
10/07/2021 10:25 a.m.

Tratamiento antidiabético: Insulina lenta TOUJEO SoloStar + Insulina rápida NovoRapid FlexPen
Seguimiento y Control de Glucosa: Sistema FreeStyle Libre 2 (ocasionalmente glucómetro y tiras reactivas Contour Next)

alberto_13 said:
sounds a bit to sarcasm with irony included .Forgive if I'm wrong .. but it's what I think and what sounds to me.That said I answer you:

1. I put slow and fast insulin (guided by endocrine) and did not know what it meant "glucosilad" because I had never heard that "word" (I didn't even hear ittell the endocrine).The first time I heard it has been here in this forum.Is something about that?Now I know ... thanks to 'Isabelbota' because it explained it to me .

2. I know that I am of the DM 2 type because both the header and the endocrine (both) have told me.

3. When I talk about profiles that I do not do ... I mean that I do not make the extractions or sufficient and scheduled samples, using the reactive strips and the glucometer to make the profiles requested by the endocrine doctor.

Lucero's profile photo
Lucero
10/07/2021 10:54 a.m.

regina said:
@alberto_13, which does not do the necessary controls to make the day -to -day profile.
It is starting and needs motivation to do it well.
@Lucero, put the prick at the minimum so that it hurts anything.And make the profiles, because, if you have fast too, you have to control a lot.At least 6 controls a day.
If not, this can't go well.
And it is worth it, I assure you.
Search the A1C glycoglobin analytics, that is glycosilada, and control is good if it is less than 7.

Thanks for your advice @regina;)

Lucero's profile photo
Lucero
10/07/2021 11 a.m.

ruthbia said:
no, simply follow the pattern indicated by your doctor.Many older people do so, they never measure themselves, the pattern they have indicated are injected.

Exactly, I follow the indicated pattern;Although in my case I also make measurements ... but not the sufficient ones required by my doctor (that is my problem).Let's see if using sensors with me more measurements.I hope so :)

Lucero's profile photo
Lucero
10/07/2021 11:08 a.m.

Oscar38 said:
glycosylated hemoglobin is one of the things in the analytics that the endocrine look most in our revisions.It should be low.If I remember correctly I started touching 7.0 and after a lot of treatment time I have managed to approach 6. I ignore exactly what corresponds in medical terms, but what is said, is the first thing the doctor looks.By the way, if you drink alcohol in a "solvent" way, it also goes up and the doctor tells you as a "careful".In general it is a measure of long -term evolution of blood glucose, not the profiles we present in a certain term when we are going to review.

Alcohol neither try it, nor a drop.Before being diagnosed diabetic I usually took my glasses ... until I suffered chronic pancreatitis, which caused me diabetes: s.

That's why I hate alcohol now.And I have in my house more drinks than on the shelves of a disc-pub ... but for the visits nothing more.The glasses for me have ended forever.

Lucero's profile photo
Lucero
10/07/2021 11:19 a.m.

When someone asks for information you have to give information, I think you are not DM 2 if it is for pancreatitis is diabetes melitus 3c, you can look for it on Google and comment with your endocrine.

Alberto_13
10/07/2021 1:18 p.m.

lucero said:
alberto_13 said:
sounds a bit to sarcasm with irony included .Forgive if I'm wrong .. but it's what I think and what sounds to me.That said I answer you:

1. I put slow and fast insulin (guided by endocrine) and did not know what it meant "glucosilad" because I had never heard that "word" (I didn't even hear ittell the endocrine).The first time I heard it has been here in this forum.Is something about that?Now I know ... thanks to 'Isabelbota' because it explained it to me .

2. I know that I am of the DM 2 type because both the header and the endocrine (both) have told me.

3. When I talk about profiles that I don't do ... I mean that: to profiles that I do not do .But in case you have not understood it I will tell you clearer: I mean that I do not make the extractions or sufficient and scheduled samples, using the reactive strips and the glucometer to make the profiles requested by the endocrine doctor.More questions?And please: without irony or sarcasmos next time .

Hi Lucero.
Do not take Alberto's comments badly.It is ironic and that is not bad, it is nothing personal.It has helped me a lot when I got to the forum.
It is true that from first (to me tb) it sounds weird that someone insulin -dependent does not know what a glycosilada is.Then thinking about it, what I know, I have learned 95% on my own, reading about diabetes, in this forum ... doctors have not explained anything to me, really.
Unfortunately it is not very common that we are informed well and even less to type 2, so I tell you that you ask here everything you need, that no one is born learning and in our illness the information is basic for a good quality of life.
Regarding the sensor, as you have read, it gives you a lot of information.However, sometimes it comes out not very reliable and in the end you get many capillaries (what you call profiles) to see if the results are correct.How to click our fingers does not fight us.But they recover soon, you will not stay like a gruyere cheese ... 😂😂😂
Out of curiosity and if you don't care, how old are you?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/07/2021 5:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello @lucero, let's start from zero and blron and new account, I think you are poorly diagnosed, and caused by pancreatitis is not DM2, it is very similar but the treatment is like DM1, but you are not autoimmune, it costs me many doctors and four endocrineThey will correctly diagnose DM 3C, what changes?You are not autoimmune and you do not have to develop other diseases of this type, you are not type 2, which maybe with treatment and diet you can control or send, you have to monitor your pancreas, if you need to change opinions here you have me

Alberto_13
10/08/2021 3:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.