Free Style - Help control diabetes?

Claudio Alfonso Casetta's profile photo   09/23/2021 5:07 p.m.

Control by reactive strips is how the telegraph.Free Style is how email.
Everyone hangs himself with the rope that he likes best.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
10/08/2021 12:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Rubiones ........ Thank you for your jocular comment ......... I like to "die" online

Claudio Alfonso Casetta's profile photo
Claudio Alfonso Casetta
10/09/2021 8:52 a.m.

The telegraph does not fail, email hangs many times

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/09/2021 8:57 a.m.

We have been using Freestyle I think since February 2018. Initially, it served to see the curves during meals.It allowed to know how the intake of the different foods acts and agree more or less how many fast and slow carbohydrates eat in each shot.Breakfasts and snacks without pricking insulin also see what foods were most appropriate.See if there were hypos at night.
Then it served to control the variability and try to improve it because the freeview calculates it directly.The alarms are already the most being able to sleep calmly and know that someone is watching.
Capillary glycems I would say that about 3 per sensor during the first day you put it until it marks better and know how to relate capillary blood glucose to freestyle.Then rarely.
Thanks to the sensor we correct the day to day in insulin or carbohydrates, we have improved gly and variability and gives peace of mind to possible hypos especially the night

evacf's profile photo
evacf
10/10/2021 6:51 a.m.

Claudio Alfonso Casetta said:
Rubiones ........ Thank you for your jocular comment ......... I like to "die" online

Indeed, it is very right.Free read every minute, but that does not mean that you should pay attention every minute.If you do, in fact, it can be counterproductive, because you tend to overact (more insulin or eat hydrates) and then you leave mother.It is to take a reading every so often, for example, half an hour.And know how to interpret the magnitude, the trend that gives you and the graph.The magnitude becomes the same as with the capillary meter, but the rest is not, it is what this method is valued.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/10/2021 3:44 p.m.

Exact!When you start with freestyle we all worry because it does not give the same value as the capillary, over the years you learn that the important thing is the "magnitude" and know each other.

Every time I have an analytics I make a capillary, I measure with the glycometer Free, I measure with the LibreLink and with the Diabox, never, never coicidize the 4 and much less with the real value of the analytics.The one that approximates the most is the capillary glucometer, then Diabox, thirdly the HFC value of the glucometer and the one that least the freeLink app.
But in magnitude ranges they are all fine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/11/2021 11:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For me it has become indispensable in my life.
I have managed to lower hemoglobin 3-4 points.
It has helped me a lot to calculate rations, to make decisions regarding insulin, when doing sports ...
I have a very labile diabetes ... if it wasn't for them (I've been using them for 5 years) I would have any more complication than I have now ... on average I made 20 glutemia a day.Imagine how I had the fingers ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/13/2021 4:06 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

ruthbia said:
exact!When you start with freestyle we all worry because it does not give the same value as the capillary, over the years you learn that the important thing is the "magnitude" and know each other.

Every time I have an analytics I make a capillary, I measure with the glycometer Free, I measure with the LibreLink and with the Diabox, never, never coicidize the 4 and much less with the real value of the analytics.The one that approximates the most is the capillary glucometer, then Diabox, thirdly the HFC value of the glucometer and the one that least the freeLink app.
But in magnitude ranges they are all fine.

mario69's profile photo
mario69
11/12/2021 10:03 a.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Hello, I just wanted to know how much you consider it a reasonable dispersion between the different values ​​that arise from a measurement.
Of the order of 1% or which up to 10% or more.
Thank you

mario69's profile photo
mario69
11/12/2021 10:07 a.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

In this last sensor I am obtaining values ​​around a 25%deviation.I called to claim and Abbott considers that it is an acceptable variability since one is in blood and the other in intersitative fluid.There are no reasons for replacement.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
11/12/2021 6 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Hello everyone, I am very happy for the variety of nuances that I raise the subject.I want them to know that it is clear to me that the important thing is neither the precision of the values, nor look at every time or escape the punctures.Just what I wanted is to know is how a certain type of food or the amount of food is influenced by glucose, to regulate it and not use many insulin units.And at the same time better regular glyd hemoglobin control.
I am sad that the sensor variation is 25%.
I hope that on the next visit they prescribe it.
Greetings to all
Claudio

Claudio Alfonso Casetta's profile photo
Claudio Alfonso Casetta
11/15/2021 5:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.