{'en': 'Take metformin before analytics can alter your results?', 'es': '¿Tomar metformina antes de analíticas puede alterar su resultados?'} Image

Take metformin before analytics can alter your results?

koala's profile photo   06/26/2021 1:55 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I am new in the forum and in this diabetes too, since I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last April, with an fasting sugar of 172mg/dl and glyd 7.1%glygic hemoglobin.The endocrine prescribed me metformin 850, a pill for breakfast and another at dinner.

From this date 07-04-21 to today 06-26-21 I have put myself on diet and exercise and I have lowered 10 kg. This Monday and Tuesday I have my first 2 analysis, specific to the diabétes 2: Monday theof blood and urine and on Tuesday Nugent test (I have to take at night at 11:00 p.m. a dexamethasone pill).

The endocrine did not explain to me if before these two analyzes (which are on 10 h fasts) it should take the medication that sent me or not.My question is whether I take the metformin the night before and also when I get up to go to the analytics or not (for being able to alter the results of the glucose, etc.).

I cannot ask the endocrine since the next appointment they have given me is for mid -September and then I asked the doctor of Cabera and he told me that the morning pill did not take it but did not tell me what time the time should takeFrom the night before the analysis so that it did not affect the result, it did not give me any explanation of why and I did not see it very safe when telling me;And on the Internet I am reading that doctors say if metformin should be taken before the analysis, so I am made a mess.

As the analysis I have this Monday and Tuesday, I would very much appreciate some answer because I do not know what to do and maybe then the results of the analysis for something that I have done wrong do not use me.

Greetings and thank you all.

koala's profile photo
koala
06/26/2021 1:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I already have many analyzes taking metformin, the night I take it at the usual time and the morning with breakfast after the analysis
Anyway, a metformin more or less will not affect at all and less glycosilada

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
06/26/2021 4:40 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Tomat them with breakfast, after analytics.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/26/2021 5:24 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Come I don't think it influences because metformin for example is quite slow, but I take them with meals and if I'm going to do analytics I don't take it until breakfast always

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/26/2021 5:25 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"
Anyway, a metformin more or less will not affect at all and less glycosilad

Thank you so much

koala's profile photo
koala
06/26/2021 7:17 p.m.

nila said:
come on

Thank you so much.

koala's profile photo
koala
06/26/2021 7:18 p.m.

koala said:
hello everyone.I am new in the forum and in this diabetes too, since I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last April, with an fasting sugar of 172mg/dl and glyd 7.1%glygic hemoglobin.The endocrine prescribed me metformin 850, a pill for breakfast and another at dinner.From this date 07-04-21 to today 06-26-21 I have put myself on diet and exercise and I have lowered 10 kg. This Monday and Tuesday I have my first 2 analysis, specific to the diabétes 2: Monday theof blood and urine and on Tuesday Nugent test (I have to take at night at 11:00 p.m. a dexamethasone pill).
The endocrine did not explain to me if before these two analyzes (which are on 10 h fasts) it should take the medication that sent me or not.My question is whether I take the metformin the night before and also when I get up to go to the analytics or not (for being able to alter the results of the glucose, etc.).I cannot ask the endocrine since the next appointment they have given me is for mid -September and then I asked the doctor of Cabera and he told me that the morning pill did not take it but did not tell me what time the time should takeFrom the night before the analysis so that it did not affect the result, it did not give me any explanation of why and I did not see it very safe when telling me;And on the Internet I am reading that doctors say if metformin should be taken before the analysis, so I am made a mess.As the analysis I have this Monday and Tuesday, I would very much appreciate some answer because I do not know what to do and maybe then the results of the analysis for something that I have done wrong do not use me.Greetings and thank you all.

Your glycosilada is not so high (7.1), it is curious that you have 172 glucose n fasts.Have you measured 2 hours after food and before going to bed?

For studies it does not affect metformin, you can take it after the exam.

Your metformin is prolonged release?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
07/01/2021 7:44 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
koala said:
hello everyone.I am new in the forum and in this diabetes too, since I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last April, with an fasting sugar of 172mg/dl and glyd 7.1%glygic hemoglobin.The endocrine prescribed me metformin 850, a pill for breakfast and another at dinner.From this date 07-04-21 to today 06-26-21 I have put myself on diet and exercise and I have lowered 10 kg. This Monday and Tuesday I have my first 2 analysis, specific to the diabétes 2: Monday theof blood and urine and on Tuesday Nugent test (I have to take at night at 11:00 p.m. a dexamethasone pill).
The endocrine did not explain to me if before these two analyzes (which are on 10 h fasts) it should take the medication that sent me or not.My question is whether I take the metformin the night before and also when I get up to go to the analytics or not (for being able to alter the results of the glucose, etc.).I cannot ask the endocrine since the next appointment they have given me is for mid -September and then I asked the doctor of Cabera and he told me that the morning pill did not take it but did not tell me what time the time should takeFrom the night before the analysis so that it did not affect the result, it did not give me any explanation of why and I did not see it very safe when telling me;And on the Internet I am reading that doctors say if metformin should be taken before the analysis, so I am made a mess.As the analysis I have this Monday and Tuesday, I would very much appreciate some answer because I do not know what to do and maybe then the results of the analysis for something that I have done wrong do not use me.Greetings and thank you all.

Your glycosilada is not so high (7.1), it is curious that you have 172 glucose n fasts.Have you measured 2 hours after food and before going to bed?

For studies it does not affect metformin, you can take it after the exam.

Your metformin is prolonged release?

Hi Matrix, because I don't measure me because when I asked my header 2 weeks ago if I needed glucometer, he told me no, without further explanations.They diagnosed me diabetes recently and the endocrine did not explain anything to me.I have no idea of ​​the prolonged liberation, it is more I have no idea of ​​anything;I went to my header to explain something about diabetes and did not want to explain anything and put him in a very bad mood to ask him.He only threw me on his table two leaves where carbohydrate measures, proteins, etc. came in the day and that's it.I don't know if 172 on an empty stomach is a lot or little for diabetes 2, why do you say it is curious?

koala's profile photo
koala
07/01/2021 7:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.