Greetings from a mody 3

idirak's profile photo   06/01/2021 8:16 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I take advantage of the initial post to introduce me and tell you a little about me.
I am currently 39 years old, but following a pulmonary lobectomy in which I had 3/4 parts of the left lung, I was detected diabetes (with the serum my glucose in the blood was fired).At that time I was 22 years old.

I have to admit that for quite years after the diagnosis, I spent a bit of the subject, and continued with the same eating habits before knowing my diabetes.I was always quite sweet, so I kept eating sweets, ice cream, jelly beans, cookies ... Anyway, all things that are automatically prohibited from any diabetic.

It was when I reached 30 when I resumed the subject, I re -made an appointment with endocrinology, and after the first consultation, I started a treatment of two tablets of 1 gram metformin and 50mg of sitagliptin, one in the morning and another at night.I also decided to reduce my consumption of "Because you" (that not to eliminate, occasionally succumbed), although without varying my diet too much (I kept eating white pasta and bread, pizzas and almost all my diet was based on carbohydrates).

I continued like this until, at 33, during the annual review, my endocrine told me that, although at the beginning of the treatment I had obtained some improvement, in each review it was a bit to worse, and to continue like this, the following year it would be necessary toStarting with insulin, all this seasoned with a small scolding that included all the effects that a diabetes without control could cause me in the medium and long term.At that time I decided to change the chip radically.I eliminated 100% all the "Because Rías", I changed my diet completely, and I signed up for crossfit.In the next year review, the results were surprisingly good, getting a stable glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.5 % in the revision of this last year (a person without diabetes has this value between 4 and 6 %)

In short, at general I am happy with how I have progressed in the control of my diabetes.However, even today, I try to refine my diet even more to avoid several glycemic peaks, especially during the morning.But this is another topic that I will comment on another post.

Greetings to all.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
06/01/2021 8:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

idirak said:
good afternoon,

I take advantage of the initial post to introduce me and tell you a little about me.
I am currently 39 years old, but following a pulmonary lobectomy in which I had 3/4 parts of the left lung, I was detected diabetes (with the serum my glucose in the blood was fired).At that time I was 22 years old.

I have to admit that for quite years after the diagnosis, I spent a bit of the subject, and continued with the same eating habits before knowing my diabetes.I was always quite sweet, so I kept eating sweets, ice cream, jelly beans, cookies ... Anyway, all things that are automatically prohibited from any diabetic.

It was when I reached 30 when I resumed the subject, I re -made an appointment with endocrinology, and after the first consultation, I started a treatment of two tablets of 1 gram metformin and 50mg of sitagliptin, one in the morning and another at night.I also decided to reduce my consumption of "Because you" (that not to eliminate, occasionally succumbed), although without varying my diet too much (I kept eating white pasta and bread, pizzas and almost all my diet was based on carbohydrates).

I continued like this until, at 33, during the annual review, my endocrine told me that, although at the beginning of the treatment I had obtained some improvement, in each review it was a bit to worse, and to continue like this, the following year it would be necessary toStarting with insulin, all this seasoned with a small scolding that included all the effects that a diabetes without control could cause me in the medium and long term.At that time I decided to change the chip radically.I eliminated 100% all the "Because Rías", I changed my diet completely, and I signed up for crossfit.In the next year review, the results were surprisingly good, getting a stable glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.5 % in the revision of this last year (a person without diabetes has this value between 4 and 6 %)

In short, at general I am happy with how I have progressed in the control of my diabetes.However, even today, I try to refine my diet even more to avoid several glycemic peaks, especially during the morning.But this is another topic that I will comment on another post.

Greetings to all.

Forgive, I would like to know how a diabetes mody is distinguished from type 1 or type 2. Could you explain how they diagnosed you?

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
06/02/2021 3:24 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hello, because in my case they did a genetic study, both to me and my mother.In my family by the mother there is a broad history of such diabetes.

idirak's profile photo
idirak
06/02/2021 3:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

idirak said:
hello, because in my case they did a genetic study, both to me and my mother.In my family by the mother there is a broad history of such diabetes.

Ah, okay.Thank you.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
06/02/2021 4:05 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.