Insulin dose

Cdb1's profile photo   07/09/2021 2:57 p.m.

Hi Buenaass, there is someone around here to put the insulin doses, after eating ....?or do you always put it before ..?I imagine that there will be people who do better, put the insulin after eating! ...

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
07/09/2021 2:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

... Before I always injected insulin after eating or when I started eating, now I try 10 or 15 minutes before, you also have to see the amount of blood glucose one, if you are between 80-130 insulin 10 to 15 minutes before, if you are low before starting to eat, if you are high, the units are added to correct, after two hours, if it is necessary to correct with several units according to the amount of blood glucose.

Bit_0's profile photo
Bit_0
07/09/2021 4:53 p.m.

DM 1 desde 1983
Novorapid
Lantus
... Freesstyle libre 2 08/07/2021 18:30

@CDB1 depends on the rapid insulin you use. I use Fiasp and it is so fast that I often put it in the middle of the food because it goes faster than my digestion.If I'm between 70 and 80, I put it on after eating

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/09/2021 5:34 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@cdb1 depends on the rapid insulin you use. I use fiasp and it is so fast that many times I put it in the middle of the food because it goes faster than my digestion.If I am between 70 and 80, I put it after eating

Well use the novorapid is that I would like to try to put on it after I finished eating to see how I am doing

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
07/09/2021 7:14 p.m.

I only put the fast insulin (novorapid) in the middle or after the food in two situations: if I am low glycemia before eating, around 70-80, or if the food has more fat and protein than usual.Well in this second case, I distributed the fast insulin and I put half before and the rest after the food.
In normal situations I put it between 15 to 30 m before.

Everything is trying, it also depends a lot on how digestions are done.There are people who make them slower than others.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/10/2021 12:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I in particular choose to put me always after eating, one for more tranquility is not worth it that you put on 15 minutes before and you have any problem. Insulin will not forgive you and it will act the same instead already knowing that you have eaten andHow much, you put it as soon as you finish but it is my way of thinking for ugly experiences that I had and good over the years one is driving it as you feel best, greetings

daniel_pini31's profile photo
daniel_pini31
07/10/2021 4:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.