Free Freestyle Sensor Protection

tono7's profile photo   07/18/2021 11:23 p.m.

Hello good!
I would like to know your opinion about whether it is advisable to protect the freestyle sensor or not.I take an additional glue on the skin before applying the sensor but I don't know if it will be enough ... especially with three young children who hang you and grab the first they see.
And in case of protecting it, any recommendation for dressing, bandage, fat shown?

All the best!

tono7's profile photo
tono7
07/18/2021 11:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@tone7 Hello.I didn't know there was a special glue for the sensor.What I do use is a dressing that they recommended here: the 8x10 leukomed t plus.With him, I have never had any take -off problems.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/19/2021 8:25 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

carussa said:
@tone hello.I didn't know there was a special glue for the sensor.What I do use is a dressing that they recommended here: the 8x10 leukomed t plus.With him put, I have never had any take -off problem.

Yeah!Use Skin Tac Wipe and it's going very well.
Well, I will see that Leukomed dressing.What I read is that the sensor must "breathe."That should not be fully covered.

Greetings and thanks for the recommendation!

tono7's profile photo
tono7
07/19/2021 8:30 a.m.

Hello.I use physio tape.Short a piece, round the corners and put it.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/19/2021 9:30 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I've put a bracelet now that I have put it on my arm.
At the moment 14 days ago and super comfortable.
I also have 2 little ones and although I sometimes take them in my arms, they already know that they have to be careful and do not touch it.
From BB insulin, needles etc. see it as something very normal and respect it a lot.
They are 3 -year -old twin

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/19/2021 4:52 p.m.

I use hypoallergenic 5cm wide cordrapo because I carry the sensor in the buttock and I'm afraid to go a day with a hurry and when dressing it took it with pants.

Now I do not wear tape and how it sticks a lot, it goes without problems.In fact, it hits so much that it costs to remove it.Free 1 fell with a sigh.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/20/2021 2:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.