{'en': 'ACCU-Chek Insight + Dexcom G6 (Diabeloop)', 'es': 'Accu-Chek Insight + Dexcom G6 (Diabeloop)'} Image

ACCU-Chek Insight + Dexcom G6 (Diabeloop)

hcsara's profile photo   10/03/2021 11:57 a.m.

Good morning.

Soon I will start control of my diabetes with this system.I have been using the ACCU-Chek Insight pump for more than 2 years, and now it seems that it can be integrated with Dexcom G6, which I have never used it but from what I have read is phenomenal.

I wanted to know if there is already someone using this system and how is you doing, if adaptation, handling, etc.

Thank you so much :)

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
10/03/2021 11:57 a.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight + Dexcom G6 + DBLG1 (Diabeloop)

@hcsara

How interesting !You will tell us

I have used DG6 for about two and a half years but without bomb, but I have read that it works very well.Here in the forum there was before a comment about bombs and DG6.But I haven't seen any comments for a long time.I hope some user tells you.

About DG6 I can only tell you that it works very well.But in general on the first day, I would say the first 12 hours there is necessary to be pending and calibrate it.Then it works like a clock.

I put myself at about 18:30.It takes two hours to start working.But actually works from the first moment.What he does is send readings every 5 minutes to the mobile internally and start with his internal algorithms, but until two hours you will not see any reading.If for example there is any serious error, I will tell you at 20 m.After the two -hour period of heating, you will see the readings on your mobile and if you have it connected on your clock.That first night, sometimes the sensor can give somewhat high or low readings.It is convenient to calibrate it.That is to say a capillary and introduce the result into the sensor.It has only happened to me two/three times at this time, but if the difference is very high the sensor will tell you that you return a capillary measure at 30 m.If you are sleeping, that can be a bass.What I have done those times is to turn off the mobile and turn it on in the morning and the sensor has connected and work perfectly.But that has only happened to me about three times.But in general the first day put calibrations.It helps you a lot.Then it is not necessary.Remember that the transmitter lasts three months.I always have an extra security transmitter, just in case.

Well you'll tell us!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/03/2021 2:55 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel

Thank you very much for your comment!

I believed that the Dexcom G6 did not need calibrations, but if it helps to make the readings more precise, especially the first hours, I will take it into account.Also to have an extra transmitter.

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
10/03/2021 3:16 p.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014

@hcsara I have knowledge of 2 or 3 people with this system and for their comments they are happy.You have Fuensanta Gomez on Twitter that is using it.It is a good reference.
They are financed by this system?

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
10/04/2021 11:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Carlos70

Thanks for the recommendation, I have started following Fuensanta on Twitter.
And yes, they finance it to me.I have already received the Dexcom sensors at home and I am waiting for them to call me from my hospital to do the training and start using them.

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
10/04/2021 11:37 a.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014

@hcsara Thank you.I am with AAPS and all the commercial systems that are currently convincing me.Finish health, in which community?

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
10/05/2021 11:09 a.m.

@Carlos70 Castilla-La Mancha

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
10/05/2021 12:46 p.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014

hcsara said:
@Carlos70 Castilla-La Mancha

I have to ask my endocrinologist.I carry the 640 of Medtronic and the free 2 of Abbot and that is the maximum they give me, or so it has been until this winter.Does anyone have an idea of ​​advantages/uncovered compared to Dexcom?(Not obvious, eye.) Thank you.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/10/2021 3:39 p.m.

Good afternoon.I use free2+xDrip+aaps and I am delighted.In fact, Dexcom G6+Diabeloop and Paso have offered me, you have to carry a mobile (capado) that is the one that receives the G6 readings and sends the instructions to the pump and I prefer the system that I have now.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
10/10/2021 5:41 p.m.

@Antonio200 I don't know that combination.Is it also for insulin pump therapy?What I currently use for free2 is xDrip4ios, which makes continuous measurement, but I can't match it with the pump.

@"Cristóbal Cortés" I would not know how to tell you much in addition to the obvious because I have only used free 1 and 2, but I understand that Dexcom is more precise in the measurements, although free does not usually fail me much.In the beginning they were going to change me to the last Medtronic bomb with the Guardian, but in the end it is this diabeloop what they have offered me.

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
10/11/2021 12:09 p.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014

@hcsara yes, AAPS is to control the pump.That is, it's for Android.

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
10/17/2021 7:44 p.m.

hcsara said:
good morning.

Soon I will start control of my diabetes with this system.I have been using the ACCU-Chek Insight pump for more than 2 years, and now it seems that it can be integrated with Dexcom G6, which I have never used it but from what I have read is phenomenal.

I wanted to know if there is already someone using this system and how is you doing, if adaptation, handling, etc.

Thank you so much :)

Hello, I'm new both in the forum and using a bomb.They put me on September 15 insight+g6
In general I am happy although I discovered that better calibrate sensor after marking down and was quite high.

Last Friday the transmitter failed when I had to last until December ... I called Roche because being diabeloop they replenish it.My surprise was huge when they told me that until the following week they would not send me, they have no urgent service ... I call today Wednesday and tell me that the sensors and transmitters come from France and that will take 5 or 6 working days.
Has anyone encountered this same situation?
It seems very strong to me that something like this is not sent more urgently ...

evaphoenix's profile photo
evaphoenix
11/03/2021 7:53 p.m.

evaphoenix said:

Hello, I'm new both in the forum and using a bomb.They put me on September 15 insight+g6
In general I am happy although I discovered that better calibrate sensor after marking down and was quite high.

Last Friday the transmitter failed when I had to last until December ... I called Roche because being diabeloop they replenish it.My surprise was huge when they told me that until the following week they would not send me, they have no urgent service ... I call today Wednesday and tell me that the sensors and transmitters come from France and that will take 5 or 6 working days.
Has anyone encountered this same situation?
It seems very strong to me that something like this is not sent more urgently ...

How awful.You are right and I think they should have an urgent service for those situations.
I have not started with the system yet but I will ask for an extra transmitter to have it spare.

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
11/04/2021 12:52 p.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014

I have been insulin bomb for 14 years.I have tried Free 1 and 2. Now I have been with Diabelop with Dexcom G6 since February.

Diabeloop is in Grenoble (France), but the Dexcom warehouse is in the Netherlands.

We leave the formation already with an extra transmitter.Ask your nurse or endocrine.

Regarding carrying another device to look at glucose: I personally do not see it badly, because it does not "distinctions" people for having a mobile or another.In the Medtronic application, for example, there were mobiles that were not compatible (and we talked about mid -range).This does not happen in Diabelop.

And caliber if there is 30% difference with capillary, and you always look in normoglycemia.

Yopaeg's profile photo
Yopaeg
11/04/2023 1:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.