Microalbuminuria

martina3444's profile photo   06/08/2021 1:23 p.m.

Hello good I am 22 years old and I recently had my review with the doctor.He told me that everything was fine, glucosylated hemoglobin 6.5, the only thing that I still have hypoglycemia at night.But he didn't tell me anything else.
When I get the email of the report and for the next appointment I see that there is writing microalb: quotient: 100. Looking on the Internet I imagine that it is microalbuminuria for the value and such.It is the first time I see it.I don't know what it means and I'm a little attacked because my doctor didn't tell me anything so I don't know if it's important or not.But according to the Internet it can be the beginning of kidney disease.
Could someone help me with this doubt?Is it reversible?Can you lower the value?Thank you so much.

martina3444's profile photo
martina3444
06/08/2021 1:23 p.m.

DM1, hbA1c (mayo 21): 6'5
Voy al gimnasio, sobre todo ejercicio anaerobico.

@Martina344, Microalbuminuria may appear for several causes, including exercise.If the doctor told you that everything was fine and you have good control, don't worry about anything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2021 3:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@martina3444, microalbuminuria may appear for several causes, including exercise.If the doctor told you that everything was fine and you have good control, don't worry about anything.

And is it reversible?

martina3444
06/08/2021 3:54 p.m.

@Martina3444, if they were worrying values, they would have sent you another analytical, if you have good control of can improve or not advance, but they may not even be due to diabetes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2021 12:02 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@martina3444, if they were worrying values, they would have sent you another analytical, if you have good control of can improve or not advance, but they may not even be due to diabetes./Blockquote>

Thank you very much Regina, I stay calmer :)

martina3444
06/09/2021 12:14 a.m.

martina3444 said:
regina said:
@martina3444, if they were worrying values, they would have sent you another analytical, if you have good control ofThey can improve or not advance, but they may not even be due to diabetes.

Thank you very much Regina, I am calmer :)

Link

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
06/09/2021 7:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Martina344 said:
hello good I am 22 years old and recently had my review with the doctor.He told me that everything was fine, glucosylated hemoglobin 6.5, the only thing that I still have hypoglycemia at night.But he didn't tell me anything else.
When I get the email of the report and for the next appointment I see that there is writing microalb: quotient: 100. Looking on the Internet I imagine that it is microalbuminuria for the value and such.It is the first time I see it.I don't know what it means and I'm a little attacked because my doctor didn't tell me anything so I don't know if it's important or not.But according to the Internet it can be the beginning of kidney disease.
Could someone help me with this doubt?Is it reversible?Can you lower the value?Thank you very much.

A microalbuminuria/Creatinine high ratio may indicate that renal function begins to spoil.But if you have 6.5 of glycosilada and carry the disease well, it is almost certain that the cause is not diabetes, but something else.The most common is arterial hypertension.

This is exactly what happened to me, a long time ago, and when I had twice as many years that you have now.I had less than 6 glycosilada, but the ratio began to climb to 150 and 200. The endocrine told me to take the tension and it was very high.They sent me to nephrology, where they did a study and put me medication.

In a few months, the tension lowered me and the figures returned normally.And so I have continued, more than 10 years have passed.This week they have given me the results of the last analysis and I am in 5.9 of glycosilada and the ratio is 4.5 (it is considered normal up to 30).

This is what happened to me, but I don't know if I was lucky or is common.If you are uneasy, you should talk to your doctor and ask you directly.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/13/2021 12:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.