{'en': 'Aid .Weight 83kg and I measure 169cm.I have to lose weight.', 'es': 'Ayuda . Peso 83kg y mido 169cm. Tengo que bajar de peso.'} Image

Aid .Weight 83kg and I measure 169cm.I have to lose weight.

Fumanchu's profile photo   10/18/2021 12:33 a.m.

I am type1 diabetic and it is impossible for me to lose weight.The opposite.

I need your help to know how to face this topic.

How do I have to lower the dose of fast insulin and carbohydrates?

My endocrine does not give me any guideline and that's why I go to the help of this great forum.

Thank you so much.

Fumanchu's profile photo
Fumanchu
10/18/2021 12:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @fumanchu I was like you and there was no way that the endocrine will help me.With a 1000kcal diet more sport, I took 3 kg and still ignored me because I am well controlled glucose.
I have lost 9 kg with a protein diet, 30g of hydrates/day and fat (maximum 2 spoons to the day of virgin olive oil).It is like a Keto diet but without fat.

3 days after starting the diet I started with the hypoglycemia and went down gradually.In the end I have stayed with the basal in 4 units and quickly at breakfast and some food or dinner according to the type of protein.

The diet is supposed to be temporary and then return to a 1200kcal Mediterranean diet, but I am comfortable with this diet and I have no ketoacedosis that is what was most afraid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/18/2021 8:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Fumanchu

Let's see you have to keep in mind that there are very energy saving people, and everything that eats accumulates it in fat.Many years ago that was a great advantage, today an inconvenience.I have a similar age brother and when we were little and eating the same thing I was very thin and the chubby.I had it very bad.

That said, you can try to remedy.Because it is true that you have about 20 kilos, although it depends on your musculature and physical constitution.

Apart from reducing carbohydrates, I suggest that at least after having breakfast and eating, you are half an hour.That's all.Medea time.But be constant.Make very very light dinners, and breakfast and complete meals.Don't stay hungry.But very very light dinners, one or two rations and little fat.If you add physical exercise at least three days per week, you have to see results in about two or three months.There are no miracles.It is constancy and regularity.A lot of regularity.But remember, don't get on diet.Eat many vegetables.Take chicken and fish, have breakfast well, but always, after breakfast or eat, move a little.A walk.At least half an hour.Ah, you will have to readjust insulin down.The walk will accentuate the effect of insulin.Take it into account.

If you do and in three months you can't reduce weight, see an endocrine and look at your metabolism and thyroid.But before you have to try.Low carbohydrate food and movement every day.A little at least.You'll see how it works.
You will tell us
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/19/2021 9:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello!I have the same problem ... And it is that insulin resistance also has a lot to do.
I have been diabetic for 31 years and there are some resistance, which causes me to click me more.And that to some extent, fattens.
It is "the fish that bites the tail" ... because the more chubby, we need more insulin and so ...
I have stayed for a long time, but not under anything ...
I exercise when I can.I assure you that as very healthy ... but it's difficult ...
Cheer up!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/20/2021 3:28 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Exact @Silviagrz that told me the second endocrine that gave me the diet.Having resistance and overweight we need more insulin and makes us fat.It is the fish that bites the tail.More more insulin weight and more weight.
From the debut and before I have eaten very healthy, especially because I do not like junk food (I look like a grandmother: P) and in 6 years of diabetes I have taken 12 kg taking a lot of me and exercising.

I have losen 10 kg with the protein diet, when I lose the 2 kg that I have as "normal" reduced in hydrates at about 60 g HC/day to keep me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/20/2021 6:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
exact @silviagrz that told me the second endocrine that gave me the diet.Having resistance and overweight we need more insulin and makes us fat.It is the fish that bites the tail.More more insulin weight and more weight.
From the debut and before I have eaten very healthy, especially because I do not like junk food (I look like a grandmother: P) and in 6 years of diabetes I have taken 12 kg taking a lot of me and exercising.

I have losen 10 kg with the protein diet, when I lose the 2 kg that I have as "normal" reduced in hydrates at about 60 g HC/day to keep me.

Is it a dukan diet?Neither fats, nor hydrates, but with fruit and vegetables?

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
10/20/2021 7 p.m.

It is not Dunkan.It is a proteíca diet controlled by a Sanitas endocrine that has created a range of protein products with a 3 -phase diet, the first is ketogenic without fat taking the products of its catalog;Phase 2 is very low in hydrates (30 g HC/day) and phase 3 is low in hydrates (60 g HC/day).Nutrineam, you find it easily on the network.The products are sized by portions, as if they were for diabetics.

About 1.5-2kg/week are lowered to the desired weight and changes to phase 2 and then phase 3. This if you don't jump it like me :)

I started directly in phase 2. I currently do this:

Breakfast:
- Coffee with sugar soybean milk has 1g HC per 100ml;I take 200ml, like this 2g HC.
- 2 toast of protein bread (it would be 1 r of Sanitas product), I buy Franjuba there is from the aldi. The slice are like 3G HC in total.Toasts a little butter sometimes and sometimes only sugar -free jam that is so little amount
Half morning: I don't take anything, in theory 1/2 r of Sanitas product.
Meal:
- A dish of vegetables, no more than 150 g, according to the vegetable will take more or less insulin.
- A protein dish of about 100-125 g
Merieda, as with lunch, 1/2R of Sanitas product.When I remember or I'm hungry.
Dinner: 1 r of Sanitas product.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/21/2021 5:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am with Ruthbia, exactly the same, only that I have been 38 years of evolution of DM type 1. I have an associated autoimmune hypothyroidism and except when they diagnosed me, I had the uncontrolled hormones, then everything has always been adjusted.However, with a supposedly own diet for the DB, daily exercise (without missing a single day), I did not lose weight and even put everything and nothing, I have always been well in weight, about 10 years ago I weighed 55 kgand I measure 158.
Well, after much turning, I tried a low diet in HC, in my case, not as low as that of Ruthbia but around no more than 50-60 g of HC a day.I reduced insulin, both basal and fast, and I have dropped in about four months almost 8 kg (from 68 to 60).I would like to lose two more and that's it, I am very happy and also, convinced that the only way to lose weight for us is something similar, just as to maintain glycemia ranges similar to those of the non -diabetic population.
I do not have so many peaks and the blood glucose is more stable since I as well, which is logical because you eat few hydrates, it is more fabuly to calculate the insulin and if you are wrong, easier to correct than if you take 60% of HC asThey have always told us.
It is not dunkan diet, either Keto or Cetogeni A, it is similar to the Keto but without saturated fat.
Problem?The constancy.Pata some is difficult to maintain this.I don't care because I have seen results after a long time.There is also enough meals variation, there are many pages and info about it.Do not remove so that one day I skip it if I have a celebration or something but I try to control myself.Moreover.I think I have increased my insulin sensitivity and I do not usually put more than two or three units quickly unless I spend someday.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/21/2021 5:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.