Freestyle Free Statter Battery 2

Sorprendido's profile photo   10/18/2021 11:59 a.m.

Good morning

About 10 days ago I have been using the free freestyle reader 2. Before I did it with free 1, despite having the sensors of 2. I have noticed a great loss in the battery life of the free 2, approximately one day, whatthat forces me to carry it continuously.Previously, and with the free 1 reader he threw more than a week, with a similar period of readings.I ask if it happens to any of you.I have called Abbott, and they tell me that the reader continuously has next to the sensor, that consumption when it is not increased a lot.What do you think?

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
10/18/2021 11:59 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I use it three or four times a day and the battery also lasts very little.If what has to be close to the sensor is true because it is normal for me to happen since it is almost always far from me

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/18/2021 2:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

,@surprised, the mobile is used as a reader.
This is how the nurse scheduled to my daughter

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/20/2021 1:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I continue to use free 1 to measure free 2 with NFC and the battery lasts for approximately 1 month.It doesn't use alarms, that's why it lasts so much.
With the mobile nothing, all day sending Bluetooth signs to Diabox, it brushes it in 5 hours.

I use both daily, it has already happened to me to fail the mobile both in LibreLink and Diabox, ask for a sensor change and the glycometer no, I kept measuring well, did not detect the same failure as the mobile.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/20/2021 8:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Reader 2 carries a Bluetooth receiver for alarms and is trying all the time to communicate with the sensor, hence what Abbot tells you.The 1 did not carry it and that's why it lasted you anymore.In my case, I have observed the same as you: reader 1 lasted a week and the 2 is like the mobile: just over a day.I do not know if the alarms can be disconnected or if that would serve something (apart from losing the alarms).

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/20/2021 2:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.