From Lantus to Tresiba (swallow)

Juanita1978's profile photo   10/18/2021 5:05 p.m.

Hello!I wanted to know if someone passed from Lantus every 12 hours or 2 daily doses to 1 from three -day x day?And if that is how the dose adjusted?
That is, should I add the 2 doses and apply it once?I know that Tresiba is longer and produces less nocturnal (which happened to me 3 times at night)

I tell you that it is not really for me, my pet is the patient, but her vete does not know the three -year brand how it works, and it would be very helpful to know her experiences.At this moment the insulin donated to me is threeiba x that I changed it.But I am afraid to pass me if I apply it to the Lantus every 12hs.

Thank you for this forum, I have learned a lot by reading them!For me it was all new and things clarify a lot.

Juanita1978's profile photo
Juanita1978
10/18/2021 5:05 p.m.

Mamá de Juanita. Insulina desde Sep 2021. Aprendiendo! Lantus 9u cada 12 horas. Sigue alta!

Lantus does not cover 24 hours of action, stays at about 20-22 hours, so there are 2 hours that your pet would have high glucose due to lack of Lantus.

Tresiba covers more than 24 hours, puts in a single dose and costs to adjust it, you would have to continuously capillary.It cannot be put in 2 doses because the molecules are progressive slow absorption, in two doses it breaks its cycle.
The normal thing is that you add what you put from Lantus and measure to avoid hypoglycemia, but just in case it puts something less (2-4 units?) An animal is not like a person who can tell you what he feels.Take the glucose in the morning and if it is above 140 mg/dl for 3 days you should upload 1 or 2 units of threeiba, re-measure 3 days in a row and so on until it is between 80-140 mg/dl or whatThe veterinarian has told you (I don't know if animals have the same thresholds as humans.).Or vice versa if you get up with little blood glucose, you always get off/rise from 2 in 2 and after 3 days of observation.

If you donate more basal insulin, keep this in mind:

- Levemir and Lantus do not cover 24 hours, they are put in 2 doses, a more amount than the other.The amounts between one and the other are similar, at least when I used them.

- Toujeo and Tresiba cover 24 hours.If you change between them the units vary because they act differently and also change the amounts with respect to Levemir and Lantus.This depends on each body.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/19/2021 12:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I thought that animals used the same as humans, but a partner told me that dogs use an insulin called Caninsulin.Ask the veterinarian who is the one who can advise you better.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/19/2021 1:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

anaisabel said:
I thought that animals used the same as humans, but a partner told me that dogs use an insulin called Caninsulin.Ask the veterinarian who is the one who can advise you better.

I think it's the most successful

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/19/2021 4:25 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

ruthbia said:
Lantus does not cover 24 hours of action, it stays at about 20-22 hours, so there are 2 hours that your pet would have the high glucose due to lack of Lantus.

Tresiba covers more than 24 hours, puts in a single dose and costs to adjust it, you would have to continuously capillary.It cannot be put in 2 doses because the molecules are progressive slow absorption, in two doses it breaks its cycle.
The normal thing is that you add what you put from Lantus and measure to avoid hypoglycemia, but just in case it puts something less (2-4 units?) An animal is not like a person who can tell you what he feels.Take the glucose in the morning and if it is above 140 mg/dl for 3 days you should upload 1 or 2 units of threeiba, re-measure 3 days in a row and so on until it is between 80-140 mg/dl or whatThe veterinarian has told you (I don't know if animals have the same thresholds as humans.).Or vice versa if you get up with little blood glucose, you always get off/rise from 2 in 2 and after 3 days of observation.

If you donate more basal insulin, keep this in mind:

- Levemir and Lantus do not cover 24 hours, they are put in 2 doses, a more amount than the other.The amounts between one and the other are similar, at least when I used them.

- Toujeo and Tresiba cover 24 hours.If you change between them the units vary because they act differently and also change the amounts with respect to Levemir and Lantus.This depends on each body.

Thank you very much for all the info!
Super clear.
My wedge unfortunately does not know the Threeiba brand and I had never used it in dogs, but it is the one that I get ... So we are using that, but our question was if I was going 1 alone or 2 like Lantus.With your explanation it is super clear.
Today it started once a day Tresiba and I measure the many times poor, fasting and 4 hours after eating and before going to bed.I discharge him X to be his first day on fasting 300! ... We will continue adjusting doses.I have a lot of faith!In humans they say it works well.
THANK YOU!

Juanita1978
10/19/2021 4:29 p.m.

Mamá de Juanita. Insulina desde Sep 2021. Aprendiendo! Lantus 9u cada 12 horas. Sigue alta!

anaisabel said:

Of course, dogs ideally use dogs, but in my situation and that of many diabetic pet owners we cannot afford it and that of humans also serves and many times diabetic people of your environment donate you.Here in my country people are covered by the social work, they do not have to pay them apart.The issue is that new brands are coming out that there is not a lot of info if it is tested in dogs and how it works, so the best reference is diabetic people.
It is my veterinarian who asked me to look for info about this insulin, we work together, we knew that in principle all of humans work and if it is available it is proven and adjust.My dog ​​is very controlled, during the day we measured the glycemia several times and I observe it because luckily work from home, but our doubt was regarding the three -year brand that is of prolonged action.
Look that there Ruthbia gave a chair excellently with respect to Tresiba.THANK YOU!
I really value the whole contribution and I understand what they have to happen daily, it is such a horrible and separately predictable disease!that gives anger.

Juanita1978
10/19/2021 4:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.