{'en': 'What happens to me with the corticosteroids', 'es': 'Que me pasa con los corticoides'} Image

What happens to me with the corticosteroids

cacharro's profile photo   11/06/2021 1:04 p.m.

Hello, I already introduce me in "I'm new",

The fact is that I have 66 tacos, I have a diabetic since the 30 more-end but always excellently controlled (years with glucosilada 6,3-6.7) My diabetes is a mellitus type secondary to pancreatetomy (as a young baby some more of the account,I don't know)

My problem is that just one week I had a shoulder pain and went to the emergency.

But my surprise was that at night I had 277 glucose and so on, since my usual dose of insulin was insufficient. This about four days but in the end I went to the header doctor and told me that they had managed three injections: enantyum, Valium and a very strong corticosteroid.

I do not keep the name of the corticosteroid, but he told me that it was the cause of high blood glucose that would not worry that I would return to normal.

The fact is that I have been a week and my blood glucose is not normalized, and my question is: how much will the effect of the coticoid last?

Thank you very much anticipated and greetings.

Naive.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/06/2021 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Corticosteroids rise a lot of blood glucose, the effect can last for a week or more, you will have to raise the fast insulin until they see that everything normalizes.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/06/2021 1:37 p.m.

Welcome partner, everything that happens to you is normal, but as Meginer comments, it would be necessarydifferent because it is not autoimmune
By the way, shoulder pain is very common to diabetics, it is called (frozen shoulder) I at least cure it with corticosteroid infiltrations (1) and then exercises to reduce it, d, and not to be able to wear a shirt scratching my neck, of course the glycemia to take by bag, but the first is the first

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/06/2021 2:12 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thanks for answering.
I inject the novo rapid flex. Now I am making a history about these days: food, exercise and insiline dose, since I had to fold the dose of the rapid. According to the blood glucose that has breakfast, food and dinner before breakfast and dinner and the immediate previous history, actually with the dose,day 24 to the endocrine.
The header doctor told me that the injected corticosteroid was stronger than the Urbasson who have already put it for me by ....... velutine !!!reaching the climb of glocose about four or five days.
But the Millòn question would be: how much will the effect of this corticosteroid last? I have 7 days, what do you think?

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/06/2021 3 p.m.

The corticosteroids and the strongest is the Urbasson for that they put it in the emergency room, it is the strongest steroid that there is and therefore the blood glucose drives you, what I do not understand is when you mean your type of diabetes, and I in mycase that TB is pancreatogenica not rapid insulin use and I carry it controlled, including diet and exercise

Alberto_13
11/06/2021 3:28 p.m.

cacharro said:
thanks for answering.
I inject the novo rapid flex. Now I am making a history about these days: food, exercise and insiline dose, since I had to fold the dose of the rapid. According to the blood glucose that has breakfast, food and dinner before breakfast and dinner and the immediate previous history, actually with the dose,day 24 to the endocrine.
The header doctor told me that the injected corticosteroid was stronger than the Urbasson who have already put it for me by ....... velutine !!!reaching the climb of glocose about four or five days.
But the Millòn question would be: How much will the effect of this corticosteroid last?

Seven days, if you do not care for the diet and do some exercise

Alberto_13
11/06/2021 3:30 p.m.

Well, I read these forums with attention and if I can help, I will do it from my return to the "normality"

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/06/2021 6:27 p.m.

Hello and welcome,
Cortisone elevates us glucose and depending on each person, the glycemia like this can be between 7 and 10 days.
They made me on my knee and I was approximately those days a little higher
Up to normalize.
All the best

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
11/06/2021 11:36 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
corticosteroids and the strongest is the Urbasson for that they put it in the emergency room, it is the strongest steroid that is there and therefore the blood glucose makes you crazy, what I do not understand isWhen you mean your type of diabetes, and in my case that TB is pancreatogenica I do not use fast insulin and I carry it controlled, including diet and exercise

I want to say that my type of diabetes derived from a pancreatetomy and, according to the endocrine my pancreas even provides some insulin (given less time), so I need less dose.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/07/2021 12:40 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
hello and welcome,
Cortisone elevates us glucose and depending on each person, the glycemia like this can be between 7 and 10 days.
They made me on my knee and I was approximately those days a little higher
Up to normalize.
GREETING

Well today in the middle of the morning after coming from walking, 140 was already normalized.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/07/2021 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.