Exercises

adrianasanz's profile photo   08/09/2021 4:16 p.m.

hello.I have type 1 diabetes. I would like to know what level of sugar I must start a section of intermediate moderate exercises.I have performed physical exercises previously, but since Diabetes is diagnosed, I have some fear of hypoglycemia.Greetings and thanks

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
08/09/2021 4:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Adriana,

Unfortunately, it will depend on the type of exercise, duration, moment of the day and of course the person.It is best to try yourself.For example, start at a safe value between 120 or 140 and see how the body reacts to that activity.

Also keep in mind that a high intensity sport for a type 1 diabetic can produce glucogenolysis (glucose release by the liver) that some cases are corrected alone or must be corrected with rapid insulin.A medium/low intensity sport is usually hypoglycemic so it is convenient to monitor the glymatical values ​​previously or during whether the activity goes beyond the time.

The difficult thing is that sometimes we do mixed sports.In my case, I can start bike being "hypoglycemic" but when you upload a port and climb the pulsations it becomes "hyperglycemic."

I recommend this PDF of Serafín Murillo where he explains in detail how the sport can affect us.

Link

Any questions, delighted to help you.

All the best,

José

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
08/09/2021 4:32 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Thank you very much.grateful

adrianasanz
08/09/2021 4:35 p.m.

Good, what @josemibi has told you is perfect.

For me the ideal, whatever exercise is 150.You have margin on both sides and you know you see little by little because as you acquire adhesion to that exercise, it will lower you or climb less since the body adapts.

marine's profile photo
marine
08/09/2021 9:14 p.m.

@adrianasanz

Start at the levels that Josemibi tells you.To do sports it is very highly recommended to have a sensor.Avoid many hypos.Go to sports especially at the beginning with glucose, caramelos, sugar, whatever you want but that at least cover about two rations of carbohydrates to avoid scares.If you don't use it better.But the sensor is I would say that essential especially at the beginning.Remember that in reverse, if you are very high of blood glucose, above 250, it is not recommended that you do sports, except that you already know your body very well.At first be careful, you can cause ketoacedosis.

But do sports, the more the better.Sport will help you a lot to reduce and control insulin.I know you will think, but life with diabetes!Yes, at first.Then you learn and you will see many benefits.For a person with diabetes, sport, walking, moving is very important.Ahh and regularity is very important in our case.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/09/2021 9:15 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel what to say that our treatment is a 3 -legged table !!!

Exercise
Insulin
Diet

marine's profile photo
marine
08/10/2021 8:54 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone, the truth is that I'm still in shock.Because I was diagnosed a month ago and at the best time I was physically.His comments and advice have helped me a lot.Grateful, greetings

adrianasanz
08/10/2021 9:11 a.m.

marine said:
@jldiazdel to say that our treatment is a 3 -legged table !!!

Exercise
Insulin
Diet

I would not define it better if necessary, flee from stress ...

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/10/2021 12:45 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
marine said:
@jldiazdel to say that our treatment is a 3 -legged table !!!

Exercise
Insulin
Diet

I would not define it better if necessary, flee from stress ...

Completely.It helped me a lot to go to the gym regularly.
Since the Psado year I am not going and this year I have felt more the lack of gymnastics, sport, movement.

As it had the best glycosilada, within the recommended values.
But it demotivates myself and returning costs me a lot.Without a doubt, it is seen in three months or four months how good the exercise does the exercise.

Patri_msa 's profile photo
Patri_msa
08/12/2021 6:06 a.m.

Diabetica T1 debut 2017. Tratamiento desde enero 2018.
Basal Nph y ajustes Novorapid.

I have started my exercise routine again, including weights and cardio around an hour and a half.And it goes better than I expected, although with some scare because I have no sensor, and I measure myself with the glucometer a before and after, taking an ounce of chocolate without sugar every 20 minutes.I start the routine with 150 and end over the 80s. Greetings

adrianasanz
08/12/2021 1:31 p.m.

Josemibi said:
Hi Adriana,

Unfortunately, it will depend on the type of exercise, duration, moment of the day and of course the person.It is best to try yourself.For example, start at a safe value between 120 or 140 and see how the body reacts to that activity.

Also keep in mind that a high intensity sport for a type 1 diabetic can produce glucogenolysis (glucose release by the liver) that some cases are corrected alone or must be corrected with rapid insulin.A medium/low intensity sport is usually hypoglycemic so it is convenient to monitor the glymatical values ​​previously or during whether the activity goes beyond the time.

The difficult thing is that sometimes we do mixed sports.In my case, I can start bike being "hypoglycemic" but when you upload a port and climb the pulsations it becomes "hyperglycemic."

I recommend this PDF of Serafín Murillo where he explains in detail how the sport can affect us.

Link

All the best,

Jose

Good, I am also interested in the Sport Diabetes, I am taking the bike lately and I do not find the key, I start well, in Normoglycemia and suddenly it goes up ... after the hours I lowers me ... I do not know how you manage itThat, thanks

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
08/15/2021 11:17 a.m.

Adrianasanz said:
I have started my exercise routine again, including weights and cardio around an hour and a half.And it goes better than I expected, although with some scare because I have no sensor, and I measure myself with the glucometer a before and after, taking an ounce of chocolate without sugar every 20 minutes.I start the routine with 150 and end up on the 80. Greetings

Look at this video that I made a few months ago in case you help you hehe Link

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
08/15/2021 11:42 a.m.

diabetika1 said:
Josemibi said:
hello adriana,

Link

All the best,

Jose

Good, I am also interested in the Sport Diabetes, I am taking the bike lately and I do not find the key, I start well, in Normoglycemia and suddenly it goes up ... after the hours I lowers me ... I do not know how you manage itThat, thanks

Look at this video that I made a few months ago in case you help you
Link ;t=850s& ;ab_channel=anadisdiabetessevilla

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
08/15/2021 11:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.