Slow insulin forgetfulness, late

isabelbota's profile photo   06/24/2021 11:15 p.m.

I usually put the slow one at 9.30.Just today that I wanted to advance it a little because on Saturday I have to leave home at 7.30, I go back and forth, go and for the first time I forget to put it on.
I have noticed at 14.00 and I have put 6 instead of 7 (thinking about being able to advance it tomorrow, I do not know if it has a lot of logic).
My question is ...
Is something happens if I put it at 10 tomorrow, and on Saturday at 7.30?Or is there any problem?They are the 7 abasaglar units that I put down.Especially I ask you, @jldiazdel, which you use the same and same dose ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/24/2021 11:15 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I think that the insulin Glargina has a tolerance of +/- 3 hours of difference with respect to the previous day to put it on, but look at the prospect to make sure, and if it gives you laziness, dimin it and look at it: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
06/24/2021 11:57 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:

Thanks Alberto, I already look at him ... I hadn't occurred to me.
You are funny today ... 😋😂😂

isabelbota
06/25/2021 12:06 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

alberto_13 said:

Well, I have read the prospect from top to bottom, and nothing.I've looked at Google and I don't find anything about it ... I must be clumsy ...

isabelbota
06/25/2021 12:16 a.m.

@isabelbota

Good morning

I think there is no problem

For your calculations, keep in mind that your slow insulin has a duration that is not really 24 h but about 20-22 hours.You just have to try to avoid many units with others.

But because of the schedules that you comment, I think there is no problem.

Maybe today at 10 you still have a little slow yesterday at 2 pm.With what in the afternoon today controls that you do not have any decrease in unexpected blood glucose.The change on Saturday does not see problems for the advance at 7:30.

Remember our slow hard in the body between 20-22 h more or less, but it does not reach 24 hours.Ah, it takes to start taking effect in the body about three hours later because of what I have seen in the sensor at night (I put it in the afternoon at 9:00 p.m.).But each one must choose what time is better

Greetings and good trip

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/25/2021 7:36 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@Isabelbota

Good morning

I think there is no problem

For your calculations, keep in mind that your slow insulin has a duration that is not really 24 h but about 20-22 hours.You just have to try to avoid many units with others.

But because of the schedules that you comment, I think there is no problem.

Maybe today at 10 you still have a little slow yesterday at 2 pm.With what in the afternoon today controls that you do not have any decrease in unexpected blood glucose.The change on Saturday does not see problems for the advance at 7:30.

Remember our slow hard in the body between 20-22 h more or less, but it does not reach 24 hours.Ah, it takes to start taking effect in the body about three hours later because of what I have seen in the sensor at night (I put it in the afternoon at 9:00 p.m.).But each one must choose what time is better

Greetings and good trip

Thank you very much, Apañao ... 😋
Indeed, it takes 3 hours to take effect yesterday with the sensor.I hit a peak in the 190 food that is not normal with what I ate.But well, I expected it, I supposed slow insulin, it is also slow to start acting ...
And the advance I thought that since it is not so much that I wear because it could be done.If you confirm it to me, then great.And of course I will be aware of the sensor.

I take the opportunity to ask you something else that has worried me.
Endo told me that I had to eat everything and that if something came out of my limits, say rice, it would make me quickly.I do not see meaning because I can live without rice and the rest of the meals has been to cool them and/or reduce rations of hydrates (the e, but less amount than before).
My problem is breakfast.As a "sadness" of a specific bread at home.Only one day that I was also traveling and we stopped at a bar at 7.00 and I was starving, I ate half toasted toasted with pate (so the fats retard) and went from 200 immediately.
I think that in August I go 4 days of vacation with breakfast included and the truth, there I feel like breakfast like "normal people" or even this Saturday, which in fact I have stayed at 7.30 for "breakfast" and in those casesYes I consider getting quickly.I have it because they prescribed it to me but they gave me zero information.For everything read I know that it is a unit for 10 gr of hydrates, that the bread has 50% of approxes, but the truth is, I am afraid to skate myself, that it is very sensitive to insulin and it passes me and gives the number,Or that it fits me and see that picazo, which for one day nothing happens but I don't like to see it.
Anyway, after the roll ... What do you think you would do in my case?
Maybe if I open a quick I would also use it to eat fruit.Lately the body asks me but you don't see the rush.The other day I ate about 50 gr of watermelon and 220 at zero coma.In fact I am using it to overcome the downs.I go back faster than candies ... 😂😂😂

isabelbota
06/25/2021 8:55 a.m.

@isabelbota

For the breakfast theme I recommend that you do the test at home before.

For example, I love breakfast with colleagues in a bar and eat my 100G bread calete.

What I did was get used to breakfast that every day to have it perfectly calculated and you can surprise you because right now what is like a slice of 50gr of rye bread and do not believe that there is much difference in insulin units ...

The end is proof and error and in doubt, stay short and correct after being on the street with hiccups is quite annoying.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/25/2021 9:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@marine
Thank you!!!
Let's see how I do it ...

isabelbota
06/25/2021 9:12 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
I think that insulin glargina has a tolerance of +/- 3 hours of difference with respect to the previous day to put it,But look at the prospect to make sure, and if you get laziness, tell me and look at it: D

Well, I have read the prospect from top to bottom, and nothing.I have looked at Google and I don't find anything about it ... I must be clumsy ...

I knew that I had read it somewhere

flexibility in administration time

Use toujeo once a day, preferably at the same time every day.
When you need it, it can be injected up to 3 hours before or after the usual time of its use.

Toujeo is also insulin glargina, which I don't know if this flexibility will be applicable to abasaglar

Alberto_13
06/25/2021 9:49 a.m.

alberto_13 said:
Isabelbota said:
alberto_13 said:
alberto_13 said:
I think that insulin glargina has a tolerance of +/-3 hours of difference with respect to the previous day to put it on, but look at the prospect to ensure us, and if you get laziness and look at it: D
>

Well, I have read the prospect from top to bottom, and nothing.I have looked at Google and I don't find anything about it ... I must be clumsy ...

I knew that I had read it somewhere

flexibility in administration time

Use toujeo once a day, preferably at the same time every day.
When you need it, it can be injected up to 3 hours before or after the usual time of its use.

Toujeo is also insulin glargina, which I don't know if this flexibility will be applicable to abasaglar

Thanks Alberto 😋

isabelbota
06/25/2021 10:05 a.m.

@isabelbota

The topic that you raise breakfast what you want from time to time and get fast is very complicated and personal.I can only tell you that I would try to avoid whether it is possible to put on quick insulin.Unless there is no choice but glycemia.In that case or doubt it.

Fast insulin in your case can complicate your life at the beginning.Once you know how to count rations and differentiate the different types of carbohydrates and their assimilation, you control.But it takes time, and yet everyone (including me) we have something wrong or our body assimilates it differently, or we have stress or that I know, and then or we are high or gives us a hypoglycemia.Something very unpleasant that you should avoid.I don't know if the risks are worth it for that breakfast that you feel like.

Rapid insulin would not use it from time to time depending on breakfast, or food, really.I understand you perfectly.But if you can control your glycemia how you are, I would sign it personally.If you have some more carbohydrates breakfast, or make an excess meal, try to take a good walk of a couple of hours.You can also during the holidays, I do it, increase the slow units.That helps a lot.

All the best

jldiazdel
06/25/2021 3:20 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I agree, have whatever you want and use the exercise as a counterpart and if not for a day that goes up nothing, we go that I do it !!

Alberto_13
06/25/2021 3:43 p.m.

@jldiazdel
@Alberto_13

As always, thanks to both of them.
I also, against endocrine, I am very reluctant to the fast, really, I'm very afraid.I think you just have to use it in essential cases.
I will try the idea in my four days of vacation to increase the slow one, to see how.All I see is that as I put it in the morning I don't have time to act at breakfast, which is my problem ... I don't know if I would have to change the schedule ...

Regarding exercise right now I am quite J *****.It turns out that walking my ankle hurt a little and I ignored him, it went more and now it turns out that I have tendonitis of the peroneous with a tendon break.I have not been walking for 3 weeks, 10 days of anti -inflammatories and does not improve.Imagine what it is to be stopped, studying and unable to go to rush ...
I was surprised that my glycemias are still the same and I have only changed breakfast, I took it from bread without hydrates because before it was peak but I went down.The same insulin and all ok.
But morally quite annoyed, I had become accustomed to doing daily and this situation is burning me.
They are going to make some corrective templates, hopefully they work ...

isabelbota
06/25/2021 4:39 p.m.

I hope they work !!

Alberto_13
06/25/2021 4:53 p.m.

@Alberto_13
@jldiazdel
Well, after your advice yesterday, in the end, being convinced of not using fast, today, I had to release it ...
It turns out that I had thrown breakfast and metformin and you see that I have lost the pill.As breakfast was without hydrates, nothing has happened, but after eating I started up and I have reached 250 ... ☹️
So far, well ... the few times I have gone from 200 the descent then has been very fast.But as I do not exercise now, when I have come home, 4 hours later I continued in 200.
Endo guided me to prick 2 units of fast if it reached 200, but as I have told you, other times it has lasted 10/20 minutes and has dropped quickly.
This time it was a long time so high (the first time it has happened to me) and I can't walk it to go down, so I have come home and punctured 1.5 units of Junior Humalog (instead of 2, in caseperhaps...)
I have seen that the rapid is fast ... 😂😂😂
I started down and in the end it has cost me to take an apple juice and a few cherries, which I had, that they upload me very fast.

Of all this I think that if I pay attention to the endocrine and I put the 2 units the other times that in one hour was fine ... I would have had a scare ...

The truth, that thanks to the sensor, because with 3 strips a day they prescribe to explain to me how one day is controlled ...

isabelbota
06/26/2021 10:06 p.m.

We have already told you that fast insulin requires a lot of training and care.

And it is very very easy to count the carbohydrates badly and even if you tell them perfectly, the body for whatever can assimilate them slowly or quickly.A thousand factors!!

jldiazdel
06/27/2021 2:54 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Already, but this case was correction ordered by the endo.That I have not listened to the other times that has happened to me but I had been high for a long time and did not go down
What I saw yesterday is that a unit lowers me 100 approx, thankfully I didn't put on the 2 that he told me.
Well it's knowing for another case.

isabelbota
06/27/2021 3:14 p.m.

Is that it is a real mess of not knowing whether to pay attention to the doctor ...

isabelbota
06/27/2021 3:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.