Sensors

Angely's profile photo   11/15/2021 9:57 a.m.

I had 30/40 points differences when I put the sensor on my arm.I have changed to the upper buttock part and I have 4 sensors that measure me well, nailed to the glucometer, with a 15 -minute delay in rapid climb or declines, yes.

According to my endocrine, the upper part of the buttock is only recommended in thin children and people, but to try ...

There are also people who put them in the upper part of the thigh, in the gut and even in the chest.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/21/2021 12:23 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

angngey said:
Can anyone tell me if there are other types of sensors and applications to measure blood glucose?Freshle free is giving me many problems.Sometimes, readings regarding measurement with the strips have a deviation of up to 30 units, others wake me up in the middle of the night with false declines.Do you know any other brand?Thank you.Greetings.

Yes, it is a problem, at first they went like a shot and now they fail a lot.I just called Abbot for another and there are already 7 in the last 12 months, more than 25 % failure.I don't know what to, I hope it is to develop 3 and not simply to excess demand for social security.

The night also happens to me, not continuously but from time to time.It is clear that it is a failure, you look at the graph and mark the point as a measure but the curve does not go through it.I have read that if you go to bed on that side and cover the sensor so that the air does not come through the hole, although I do not know if it is true.In those same circumstances, it could also be due to temperature.But I think Abbot says nothing about it.

As for the difference, we must always contrast with capillary measure.At first the sensor is a little crazy, but in a matter of hours it is stabilized and marks basically the same, except in periods of strong increase/decrease, in which it is true that it goes late.It is not normal, but I have seen sensors that worked perfectly following the changes, but the absolute reading was 50 mg/dl lower than the capillary at levels of 100 mg/dl.But most work well.The other day, the endocrine made me the analysis of glycosilada and exactly the same thing that predicted free, 5.6 %, based on 3 months of measures.

I think that Dexcom and Medtronics are now finally without the need to calibrate and last 8-10 days, I have not looked at it.Of course, social security is not paid, which is curious, because the Medtronics bomb is paid to me, the free, but the pump sensor does not.The endocrine tells me that she doesn't understand it either.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/21/2021 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you.

Angely's profile photo
Angely
11/21/2021 2:26 p.m.

repipa said:
the same thing happened to me with freestyle 1 and with the 2 ... so I put on the dexcom g6 that works great, yes, pay it from my pocketFRIOLERA OF € 4,200 per year !!!!Because I don't want to put a bomb!
I do not understand why the SS wants to make a major expense to cover a minor one ...
I think at least we should take away VAT, we will discount the amount of what the freestyle costs to those who does not work and we want or need another sensor.
This is like insulin, each one is doing well.
I don't understand Abbot's exclusive ...
It smells weird ... don't you think?
And another thing that I wonder is what the diabetic associations are for if they do not throw a cable on these issues

If you had the Dexcom + Pump option all funded, do not hesitate, take it, it is the best system in terms of diabetes.I tell you firsthand, which is what I have.I went from FSL2 to that, and it's wonderful.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/22/2021 2:16 a.m.

I have not given me problems until now.I pay them in its entirety.

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
12/10/2021 11:49 a.m.

Abbott's sensors are driving me crazy! The last ones are giving me differences of 30 to 50 mg/dl compared to capillaries.That if they measure different things, but on the fast, I am 100mg/dl the sensor is giving me 140 ... I do not know if I am the only one but the performance of my last sensors is lousy.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/10/2021 1:33 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Josembi, look to see if it is in recent days, which is when they deviate the most ..,
If it goes wrong, talk to Abbot, they change it to you.
Some can go wrong, but in general they measure us quite well ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2021 4:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have been a month (2 sensors) with values ​​around 20% -30% (30-50mg/dl) higher in the sensors.Yesterday I put a new one, and gives very deviant values.Example, capillary fasting glucose 100 vs sensor 140. This enters the Abbott margins.

If you get the sensor error, no problem changing it.But for deviations they put many sticks, and as in the prospectus it says that differences of up to 50mg/dl are tolerable ...

I have commented with the Diabetology Service of my Autonomous Community and they tell me that there are many complaints in the last two months.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/10/2021 5:01 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

At least they work for you.I have two to change, one after another when activated they say that it gives error and that it changes it.In 3 hours, 2 failed sensors.
Look at the manufacturer and lot, they were indeed of the same lot and manufacturer.
I checked all and I had one, that Lkevo now and it seems that it is going well.

Free cannot be asked for accuracy, it only serves to measure ranges of magnitude.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/10/2021 9:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.