Are the diabetes measurements well?

Rodrigo09676343's profile photo   11/18/2021 11:01 p.m.

Hello people, I recently found the forum, my mother with an oral glucose tolerance test that resulted in: Basal glycemia 141Mgr/dl (Reference value 70-110) and post 120 '208mgr glymia (normal up to 140, intolerant140-199, diabetics greater than 200) with these results they diagnosed type 2 diabetes 3 days ago,

In these three days they made it take 1/4 of 500g metformin to get used to and then increase the dose (approx 125mg) after lunch 1 time.Also that fast glucose is measured and 1 time after a different meal every day (Monday lunch, Tuesday snacks, Wednesday dinner)

We got a glucose meter Accuccheker Guide and at the moment 3 measurements were made, yesterday before lunch and there was already breakfast gave him 116, today the complete medication was made as a recite the doctor and gave him a fast 129 and before the snack126.

I wanted to know what they think or think about it, all this is new to me accompanying her and in my opinion they gave her the result a bit rushed.

Rodrigo09676343's profile photo
Rodrigo09676343
11/18/2021 11:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Rodrigo.
The issue is that with so few measurements we cannot comment.Throughout the day the blood glucose changes that specific measurements give little information.The values ​​you give are fine but of course, they are specific values, we do not know how your mother is the rest the day.
In case it serves you, my endo told me that we must get up between 70 and 120, and the rest of the day does not go from 180 (after meals).The after meals is another world.Sometimes, depending on the time of the day and what I eat gives the maximum peak at lunchtime, sometimes at 2 hours, sometimes at 3/4 hours ...
That is, with few measurements it is difficult to give opinion, yes, whenever they are below 180, good sign.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/19/2021 11:50 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

RODRIGO09676343 said:
Hi people recently found the forum, my mother with an oral tolerance test to glucose that resulted in: Basal glymia 141Mgr/dl (Reference value 70-110) and Post 120 '208mgr (normal up to 140, intolerant 140-199, diabetics greater than 200) with these results they diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 3 days ago,

In these three days they made it take 1/4 of 500g metformin to get used to and then increase the dose (approx 125mg) after lunch 1 time.Also that fast glucose is measured and 1 time after a different meal every day (Monday lunch, Tuesday snacks, Wednesday dinner)

We got a glucose meter Accuccheker Guide and at the moment 3 measurements were made, yesterday before lunch and there was already breakfast gave him 116, today the complete medication was made as a recite the doctor and gave him a fast 129 and before the snack126.

I wanted to know what they think or think about it, all this is new to me accompanying her and in my opinion they gave her the result a bit rushed.

hello.

The best measurements for glucose are:

- When we get up (fast from 8 to 12 hours, preferably about 10)
- Two hours after food
- Before going to bed

The values ​​initially detected are high, but they are not alarm, perhaps it just begins with the DB2.With good medication, control and balanced food, you can live many years with very good quality of life, no doubt.

Metformin is like that, you have to start little by little because it falls strongly in the stomach, and then they go up.It will help you a lot.

They only sent metformin?how many times a day?Is it prolonged release?

Have they not done glucosilada proof?It is a good way to know how glucose has behaved in the last 90 days.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
11/20/2021 11:29 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.