Pepid C how to interpret

Otabol's profile photo   08/16/2021 10:14 a.m.

Very good to all, a few months ago debut with diabetes.
I was admitted for a few days and started with metformin, + slow insulin, faster before meals.
I immediately remove the insulin and stay alone with the pills.It usually gives me 85/95 before eating and 95/105 2 hours later.
A lot of diet and exercise and I have lowered 30 kg.
Gyzada started at 12% later 7 and now I am in 5
The issue is that I have been asked for CEPTido C I guess to see if it is type 1 or 2.
There are a few weeks left with the doctor and the result is not interpreted.
He gave me 1.8 on an empty stomach and 3.5 6 minutes after stimulating with glucagon.
What does this result mean?
Thank you very much, here I still learn with you.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
08/16/2021 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
The C peptide measures if your pancreas secretes insulin correctly, since the pancreas secretes at the same time as insulin.A low C peptide indicates malfunction, little insulin.It can occur due to antibody attacks (DM 1) or by exhaustion of the pancreas or other causes (without antibodies would be DM 2).
DM 2 may be due to insulin resistance (it occurs but normally abdominal fat makes "not work") or because the pancreas stops secreting insulin.
I am at the point that it is running out, it came out 0.6.And in my analytics they indicate how normal peptide values ​​C between 0.8 and 4.2.
Therefore your 1.8 is within normal values.Already after stimulating with glucagon I don't know what values ​​you have to have.
The fact is that I advise you not to worry and wait for the doctor, it does not look bad.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/16/2021 10:03 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

OK, thanks a lot.
What uncertainty until I have a doctor in September.
The abdominal langrase that you comment ... with diet and exercise I have already lost 30kg, I think I have 6 or 7 left to lose to be normal.
I hope it is type 2 diabetes and continue fighting, with the 1 it gives me the battle is lost.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
08/17/2021 12:08 a.m.

otabol said:
ok, thank you very much.
The abdominal langrase that you comment ... with diet and exercise I have already lost 30kg, I think I have 6 or 7 left to lose to be normal.
I hope it is type 2 diabetes and continue fighting, with the 1 it gives me that the battle is lost.

If with diet and exercise you have reached a glycosilada of 5 (which is perfect, not many healthy people have it), without putting insulin, only with metformin, and also had excess weight before, practically sure you are type 2 ..
By the way, congratulations for everything you have done, it is not easy.You will see how everything is going well now.

isabelbota
08/17/2021 9:07 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

otabol said:
ok, thank you very much.
I hope it is type 2 diabetes and continue fighting, with the 1 it gives me that the battle is lost.

How do the battle be lost with 1?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/17/2021 9:10 a.m.

Thanks for answering, we will expect results .....
It is not easy, no.I take it and what is left ...
I have started a bit of force exercise recently, I understand that if you want muscle mass there will be more muscles consuming glucose, and it will be easier to stay at good levels.
Greetings.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
08/17/2021 9:15 a.m.

How do the battle be lost with 1?

The same if I have been a bit exaggerated, my battle now the center to keep me without insulin as possible.
But ever give up, either 1, 2 or 3 you have to keep fighting !!!!

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
08/17/2021 10:06 a.m.

otabol said:

Like with 1 the battle is lost?

The same if I have been a bit exaggerated, my battle now the center to keep me without insulin as possible.
But ever give up, either 1, 2 or 3 you have to keep fighting !!!!

That is the mentality.I also tell you that clicking insulin is no tragedy and gives you flexibility in meals, once the HC counting and portions that you do not have without insulin have learned.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/17/2021 11:13 a.m.

Hi, I made a video about the importance of peptide C
Link

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
08/23/2021 5:07 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
08/30/2021 10:24 a.m.

Well, I already have the answer I was looking for.
I leave her here in case someone is looking for.
You look at the peptide C on an empty stomach, normal level would be 0.5 to 2.
Before you have to look at the glucose, if it is in 70 or less it is not recommended to test, since blood glucose also influences the result.
Then glucagon is injected and at 6 minutes, blood is taken again.
A normal value would be between double and triple what has given you in the first extraction.
From here we deduce that low values ​​mean problems with pancreas that has no capacity to produce insulin, and high insulin sensitivity problems, and that is why your pancreas is producing more than the account.
The C peptide is measured because the pancreas generates it in the same amount as insulin.
Although they say that the C Peptide is useless, they have also told me that it helps the insulin to reach the smallest capillaries (I do not know if I explain myself).The body does nothing because yes, everything makes sense.
I hope this to solve future doubts of the people.
At the moment my pancreas is normal, the doctor told me that because I know that I have diabetes and volume of metmorphine, but my analytical is of normal person, so at least the DM2 already know diet, exercise and to fight !!!!
Greetings

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/24/2021 3:16 p.m.

otabol said:
well, I already have the answer I was looking for.
I leave her here in case someone is looking for.
You look at the peptide C on an empty stomach, normal level would be 0.5 to 2.
Before you have to look at the glucose, if it is in 70 or less it is not recommended to test, since blood glucose also influences the result.
Then glucagon is injected and at 6 minutes, blood is taken again.
A normal value would be between double and triple what has given you in the first extraction.
From here we deduce that low values ​​mean problems with pancreas that has no capacity to produce insulin, and high insulin sensitivity problems, and that is why your pancreas is producing more than the account.
The C peptide is measured because the pancreas generates it in the same amount as insulin.
Although they say that the C Peptide is useless, they have also told me that it helps the insulin to reach the smallest capillaries (I do not know if I explain myself).The body does nothing because yes, everything makes sense.
I hope this to solve future doubts of the people.
At the moment my pancreas is normal, the doctor told me that because I know that I have diabetes and volume of metmorphine, but my analytical is of normal person, so at least the DM2 already know diet, exercise and to fight !!!!
Greetings

Thank you!

isabelbota
09/24/2021 3:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.