Pregnancy and Tresiba

Betty's profile photo   08/17/2021 1:04 p.m.

Good morning, how are they?
I have a question about pregnancy and threeiba ...
The other day in the consultation with my endocrine I ask him about this insulin and pregnancy planning and he told me that there is no problem and I have read that they are withdrawn to pregnant women due to lack of studies
I am a little worried because I already had an abortion in 2019 and used Tresiba and they changed it to Lantus (which with this insulin I had a bad control) and with threeiba no ...
Any pregnant or breast who can advise me?
Thank you very much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/17/2021 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am in planning and they have put me Lantus, I did not use before.He told me that they could put another one but that there were no studies in pregnant women and they would have to change it if I stayed so I started with this directly

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/17/2021 10:08 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I told myself that they had treated pregnant with threeiba and there were no problems, that if an insulin is going well for the XQ to remove it, I don't know, I'm somewhat confused.
thank you

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/21/2021 5:34 p.m.

@Betty told me the same but with Toujeo and I kept using all the pregnancy and my son was born without any problem.There are no studies in pregnant women from some insulins but there are many women who have used them without any problem.You will have to assess whether or not to make the change.The Lantus is no longer used because it is not flat and makes control difficult and in pregnancy the most important thing is to have the glucose well.But you have to assess whether or not you change with all the information of pros and cons.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/29/2021 5:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Gala who is a member of this forum took the pregnancy with Tresiba, to see if he reads and can tell you something.

I had the same problem, when I started planning the pregnancy with my endocrine at the Jiménez Díaz Foundation in Madrid, he told me that I had to go to Lantus again because the Tresiba was not tested in pregnant women.I told him that he knew women who had taken the pregnancy with Tresiba in the clinician (for those who are not from Madrid, the clinician and the foundation are next to me) and told me that it would be informed.I returned a year later and not only had it not been informed but that he told me that in any way I was going to take a pregnancy with threeiba or toujeo.I directly changed hospital.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/30/2021 6:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@gala who is a member of this forum took pregnancy with threeiba, to see if he reads and can tell you something.

I had the same problem, when I started planning the pregnancy with my endocrine at the Jiménez Díaz Foundation in Madrid, he told me that I had to go to Lantus again because the Tresiba was not tested in pregnant women.I told him that he knew women who had taken the pregnancy with Tresiba in the clinician (for those who are not from Madrid, the clinician and the foundation are next to me) and told me that it would be informed.I returned a year later and not only had it not been informed but that he told me that in any way I was going to take a pregnancy with threeiba or toujeo.I directly changed hospital.

Thank you very much, then I imagine that no problem in your pregnancy with Tresiba.
I have returned to talk to my endocrine that has been treating me for 11 years and it has told me that there are studies but very few and that the issue for Covid was paralyzed, but that each treat more pregnant with threeiba and very good results.

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/31/2021 2:21 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
@Betty told me the same but with toujeo and I kept using all the pregnancy and my son was born without any problem.There are no studies in pregnant women from some insulins but there are many women who have used them without any problem.You will have to assess whether or not to make the change.The Lantus is no longer used because it is not flat and makes control difficult and in pregnancy the most important thing is to have the glucose well.But you have to assess whether or not you change with all the information of pros and cons.

Thank you very much I will tell you the time

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/31/2021 2:23 p.m.

@Betty I never got pregnant, I have a fertility problem, but in my case, the new endocrine opted for the toujeo and the truth is that I am going as well that I was going through three.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/31/2021 3:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Betty I changed from Lantus to Levemir for planning.🤦‍♀️
As I did not get it and the rice passed me, they changed me to Toujeo.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2021 10:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Pregnancy There is no clinical experience with the use of threeiba in pregnant women.Animal reproduction studies have not revealed any difference between swallowing insulin and human insulin in terms of embrytoxicity and teratogenicity.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
08/31/2021 11:41 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.