Glycosilada and blood donation and intermittent fasting ... my case

Jose2100's profile photo   11/22/2021 10:16 a.m.

Hello everyone.
My case ... forgive for long text.

I am 53 years old and say blood more or less common.

First of all say that I do sport occasionally, but not very regularly.There are seasons that I do 3 or 4 days per week, sometimes two and for weeks I do nothing.It depends on the work you have.

A few years ago (around 2009) I got the sugar on an empty stove, 119. The doctor (generalist) told me to leave the sugary drinks and such, but did not refer me to the endocrine, and as did not happen again, I continued withThat routine, removed the sugar sugar, and stopped drinking sugary drinks.A fasting sugar since then ranged between 91 and 105. So I didn't take any more measure.If I do sports the day before, fasting glucose used to be lower.

They spent a couple of years, and on an emptyards I got glucose in 138. I went to the endocrine that made me analytics of HB1C and left 5.8%, the fasting insulin came out 4.8 microu/ml the antigad antibodies at 0.93, the antibodiesBeta islet cell pancreatic left negative, the peptide C came out 2.1 and the glucose 92. He told me to try to limit the carbohydrates and that we would continue to control, but that he had nothing.That if I did not take care of me, it is possible that over the years he ended up having diabetes, but that at the moment there was nothing.At that time I did not donate blood.The next two years came the Glyc in 5.3, 5.65 and 5.4.The endocrine told me that everything was going well and that there was no risk.Just continue with the same routines.

I moved to work outside, and stopped going to the endocrine, although I did look at me regularly glycosilada (by precaution).After a couple of years I began to make intermittent fasting (16, 18 or even 24 hours but some days), I left it during the Covid and later months, and I started again a couple of months ago.Now I do it every day less a couple a week.

The glycosylated so far has moved around 5.5%, the lowest (only once) peak of 4.85%(once), once many years ago 5.8%, but generally around 5.5%.

The last time I measured the HB1C gave 5.5% (a year and a half ago) and since then I have not played sports and I have relaxed a lot with the food.

And here comes the issue ... I have been donating regularly, and it is more than likely (sure) that I have donated a month or two months before measuring my glycosylated on several occasions.There are times that has come out 5.4% or 5.3% and I am sure they have not donated, but there are a couple of times that has come out 5.5% and I have donated one or two months earlier, and I read by chance that makes that glycosylated numbersDo not be reliable (up to 10%, which would turn that glycosilada into 5.9 or 6) ..

The last glycosilada of 5.5% had donated 3 weeks before, but in the same analysis it had the low ferritin, so I assume that this glycosilad would be equivalent, probably to 5.7%.Glucose at that time came out 98 (without having dinner the previous day).In 2021, half a year ago, fasting glucose came out 89 (without having dinner).

I started reading more, and taking into account that as only once or twice a day (on many occasions), it is another reason that it could make it possible to think that glycosilad, the average is artificially low).

I have been reading about the importance of postpandrial glucose, and I am really a little fly thinking that I have strong peaks after eating and that glycosilada is falsely low and I am prediabetic or diabetic.

Total, that I thought about buying a glucometer and thus really knowing how my sugar metabolism behaves, but when I have started glucometers it seems that they are not very precise, and that the remedy is worse than the disease because there are jumps of 10, 20 or 30 mg/dl, which would really not help me for what I want ..My questions are the following:
Is there any glucometer that is more or less reliable for what I want?Which one do you recommend if there is any?I have seen the Bayer and the Adia at Amazon, but from the Bayer I do not find control solution, and it also seems that it is no longer bayer.There is enough complaints from Adia.

Can the HB1C glucose decrease be artificial due to skipping meals, and in reality my sugar is high?

Is the donation and glycosylated according to your experience?

Thank you very much to all and forgive the long text.

Jose2100's profile photo
Jose2100
11/22/2021 10:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The donation or idea, the diabetics do not let us donate blood so I don't think anyone experiences with this can tell you.
Hemoglobin does not alter you about the fasts but if they can make your insulin sensitivity better and thus your body better controls glucose, the same happens if you do low diet in hydrates.Normally those two combined and more things if you add sports can reverse a prediabetes or diabetes type 2.
Throughout the day the glucose fluctuates and is normal.That the glucose rises after a high meal in hydrates is something that happens to everyone.It is also normal to go up with intense sport (weights, crossfit ...) and then go down again.Also if you are sick or certain hormones such as cortisol, if you are stressed or you have slept badly it is normal for glucose that day.
So you don't worry about the issue because at most they are helping you not to develop diabetes and food the ideal if you have been touching the limits of prediabetes is that you control the hydrates quite.With that and if you do sports you will never reach a diabetes.
Glukometers I don't know what to tell you, everyone has some mistake, it is inevitable.You also have a free free style that will measure glucose 24 hours for 14 days and that will give you more information when you upload and if you need to control the food more (if you see high peaks after eating).The bad thing that is € 60 each sensor, if you don't care to pay them is what will give you more information.You can read it with a mobile with NFC you don't need to buy the reader.According to Abbott, it has 10% maximum error although some sensors are worse.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/22/2021 2:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

HB1C can be "cheated" based on hypoglycemia when you have continued hyperglycemia.Because it is a 90 -day glycemia, if you are much at 200mg/dl and you provoke 60mg/dl hypoglycemia, in the end the average gives you below 150mg/dl and you get what the endocrine wants to see, an HB1C <7.

With your HB1C values ​​I would not say that you are prediabetic.Keep taking care of you and when the doctor sees you high, he will send you an oral antidiabetic to solve it.The body "spends" and against that we cannot fight;We can help you with exercise, diet but there is a time that you have to take medication if we want to be fine.

Diabetics, type 1 and/or insulin -dependent we cannot donate blood, there is up to a law for it (Boe Num 225, year 2005);It was the first thing I asked when I debuted.Type 2 can donate but they must have controlled glucose and prove it.

Blood volume drop usually causes glycemia decrease, but there will be cases and cases.

How lucky you have the low ferritin!I have it high since I debuted.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2021 2:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for answering.

The low ferritin happens to me if I donate a lot (I usually donate a couple of times a year, but sometimes donate more, and the ferritin ends up going down).

Total, which I will continue to fast and lower the amount of HC (especially bread and things like that).Thanks again.:)

Jose2100's profile photo
Jose2100
11/25/2021 11:01 a.m.

I have ferritin, iron, etc., and the way to regulate it is with regular blood extraction.PhlebotomiesThey work perfectly.And it is true that a HB test should not be done after a lot of blood, but before.

Flobotomy is a very old technique for those who have high ferritin in a genetic way.Transferrin and transferrin saturation are also usually high

You just have to ask for an extraction every three or six months of half a liter.It is not donating blood because it cannot be reused.And then they put it serum, and with that the levels of ferritin, iron, transferrin are readjusted.It is the only way.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/25/2021 6:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
I have ferritin, iron, etc., and the way to regulate it is with regular blood extraction.PhlebotomiesThey work perfectly.And it is true that a HB test should not be done after a lot of blood, but before.

Flobotomy is a very old technique for those who have high ferritin in a genetic way.Transferrin and transferrin saturation are also usually high

You just have to ask for an extraction every three or six months of half a liter.It is not donating blood because it cannot be reused.And then they put it serum, and with that the levels of ferritin, iron, transferrin are readjusted.It is the only way.

All the best

Hello.Just out of curiosity ... Do you need a medical recipe for that?

Thank you.

Jose2100's profile photo
Jose2100
11/26/2021 12:49 p.m.

Well, it's not really a recipe!

Here the hematology centers do.

I imagine that your endocrine should send you to a hematologist in a hospital that has to study your blood.And depending on that, they decide on phlebotomies, which is made by any specialized health assistant.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/26/2021 2:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.