Inject Tresiba and Humalog before breakfast

javiergallardo1963's profile photo   11/27/2021 4:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am DM1 LADA diagnosed for two months, formerly erected of DM2.I am 58 years old and my last 7.1 glyc, took 15 units from Tresiba and my Doc has told me to start with fast, 2 Humalog units before lunch and very prudently adding some units before breakfast and dinner.It tells me about 1 or 2 units to avoid falls.The point is that I have been applying the Tesiba before breakfast, for fear that if I did at night I had some hypo and I have reasonably well these 2 months, that if at 6 hours of having punctured me it makes me a peak(although in theory it is flat) and has generated some small hypo (60).Excuse the roll, my question:
Can I apply the three (my 15 U) and Humalog (2 u) before breakfast and consecutively (one in the belly and another in the thigh for example)?There is no risk of hypos for injecting them at the same time even in places other than the body?
Thanks for supporting rookie diabetics.Greetings

javiergallardo1963's profile photo
javiergallardo1963
11/27/2021 4:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!Yes, you can get both at the same time in different places, there is no problem, my daughter does so.
You should have some areas for slow, for example the thigh or the buttock, and another for the rapid, belly or arms.
It will be good for you.
Greetings.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2021 4:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much regina you have been very kind

javiergallardo1963
11/28/2021 1:53 a.m.

My son TB does so.Before Humalog and Tresiba lunch.First, Tresiba was punctured at night but when we spent in the morning we saw that the peaks of the morning curves were not so much so much so better in the morning that at night

evacf's profile photo
evacf
11/28/2021 5:48 a.m.

Thank you very much Eva, this is the Tresiba has a peak, it is not flat as they indicate, and although it is manageable to try that the fall is not at night

javiergallardo1963
11/28/2021 3:54 p.m.

When do you peak the Tresiba?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/28/2021 5:01 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

It makes me peak at 6/7 hours of having injected her

javiergallardo1963
11/28/2021 7:44 p.m.

Javiergallardo1963 said:
It peak me at 6/7 hours of having injected me

OK thanks

Alberto_13
11/28/2021 10:47 p.m.

Does Tresiba peak?I carry it using since it is marketed in Spain and I have never noticed the peak: o

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2021 10:09 a.m.

Good, Tresiba has 2 peaks, at 6h and at 12 noon.This peak is noticeable as you have adjusted.

You can notice from 0, to a peak of -20 to -40

marine's profile photo
marine
12/02/2021 5:41 p.m.

Thank you very much, the truth is that the 12 -hour peak I have not noticed, but that of the 6h almost always.Greetings

javiergallardo1963
12/02/2021 5:52 p.m.

@marine, you could tell me where I can inform myself of the Tresiba peak.I look at the prospect, but I can't find anything.

Anaisabel
12/02/2021 6:46 p.m.

@Anaisabel, I believe that each one is affected in a way.., It may be that a peak is noticed if the two doses overlap, because in theory it lasts more than 36 hours...
But there are personal issues there, my daughter does not notice a peak, if not the opposite, at ten hours of putting it tends to climb alone ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2021 10:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

anaisabel said:
@marine, could you tell me where I can inform myself of the Tresiba peak.I look at the prospect, but I can't find anything.

Looking for info on Google.

I am in several Wasap groups and all the companions with Tresiba happen to us, but I already tell you that it depends on how you have it adjusted.

You can have it without peaks and have to put many UI quickly, or have it with those peaks increasing the amount and having to use much less fast.

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
12/03/2021 8:08 a.m.

I do not use Tresiba, but Toujeo does not have that curve.It is flat at all, in the next 12 hours of putting it on my graphs there is no decrease or rise, not even slight and use it 3 years ago.

In Tresiba the slope (Slope) at 6 hours is higher than the slope from 6 hours, so it should be noted down in glycemic control.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/03/2021 8:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I don't have peaks.Rapida I put a unit by ration that is neither much nor little, it is the one I need.
To all of a group they have two peaks? ... a flat insulin with two peaks ...
How strange all or I'm the rare: o

Anaisabel
12/03/2021 4:23 p.m.

Thanks, @marine.

Anaisabel
12/03/2021 4:24 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I do not use threeiba, but toujeo does not have that curve.It is flat at all, in the next 12 hours of putting it on my graphs there is no decrease or rise, not even slight and use it 3 years ago.

In Tresiba the slope (Slope) at 6 hours is higher than the slope from 6 hours, so it should be noted down in glycemic control.

I think it would be more correct, to say that in you .... that curve does not match.Sometimes we tend to deny something because in our body does not act like that.

With the years of evolution of the patient, the body also changes ... I am type 1 diabetic since 2001 and I had to move from Toujeo to Tresiba because with toujeo or went to hip at night or to hyper so for me, it was not flat.

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
12/03/2021 6:33 p.m.

To clarify, when we talk about Pico de Tresiba, we talk about action peak, I bone low glycemia, right?

Alberto_13
12/03/2021 8:52 p.m.

Alberto_13 said:
To clarify, when we talk about Pico de Tresiba we talk about acting peak, bone low glycemia, right?

Yeah,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2021 11:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.