Mom starting

yarayraul's profile photo   12/01/2021 6:14 a.m.

Good night, I have an 11 -year -old son who debuted less than a week ago.600 of sugar and severe diabetic stiffnessis, direct of the hospital in Fuenlabrada to the Hospital 12 de Octubre in Madrid in ambulance.Terrifying experience that will cost me to overcome because I thought I had gastroenteritis (vomiting a few hours before and abdominal pain) and suddenly began with tachycardia that never lowered, change of color on lips, nose and fingers, and acute abdominal pain.In 10 minutes, entering the hospital, I couldn't even walk and breathing was distressing ...
Fortunately he recovered quick values ​​and the next day they already climbed to the plant where we are learning a lot about this disease and how to face him so he can lead a normal life.
I am very grateful to all the personnel who have attended us, especially the nurses of the Pediatrics plant.
I still think we have a few days left until we regulate glycemia, especially the descent that scares a lot ...

yarayraul's profile photo
yarayraul
12/01/2021 6:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@yarayraul Hello, you are describing the day that I with 7 years was diagnosed.
Same symptoms but much longer.
Tell you that you will do it very well, teach him to be the only one who clicks the insulin to begin to know his diabetes.
Here are many people who will help you.
Welcome 🤗

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
12/01/2021 6:31 a.m.

@Vanessa30 thank you very much for the spirits.
Fortunately my son, despite his young age, is very autonomous at the moment he is facing this in an incredible way, as a challenge to overcome more than a problem.Glycemia is measured from day one and from the second of putting its insulin.It also participates in the elaboration of your menu and the management of the freestyle sensor that just installed.
We are lucky that for the moment it is so, although I imagine that at some point you will go down emotionally ... do you know somewhere where they provide psychological support?The nurse has given us a book, but now I do not give my life to read more and would need personal support.Especially for grandparents that are having worse than us.
Thank you

yarayraul
12/01/2021 6:41 a.m.

@yarayraul Hello, you are describing the day that I with 7 years was diagnosed.
Same symptoms but much longer.
Tell you that you will do it very well, teach him to be the only one who clicks the insulin to begin to know his diabetes.
Here are many people who are going to help you

yarayraul said:
@vanessa30 thank you very much for the spirits.
Fortunately my son, despite his young age, is very autonomous at the moment he is facing this in an incredible way, as a challenge to overcome more than a problem.Glycemia is measured from day one and from the second of putting its insulin.It also participates in the elaboration of your menu and the management of the freestyle sensor that just installed.
We are lucky that for the moment it is so, although I imagine that at some point you will go down emotionally ... do you know somewhere where they provide psychological support?The nurse has given us a book, but now I do not give my life to read more and would need personal support.Especially for grandparents that are having worse than us.
Thanks

Very good for him, he will be done right away with this.
Difficult moments will have to pass but there will come a time that knows your body so well that it will be the one who makes decisions.
In all cities there are usually what they call diabetic associations.
Look where you live.
My parents and me were very helpful.
There are other people in your same situation and they are made exits, talks etc.

vanessa30
12/01/2021 7:44 a.m.

Thanks @vanessa30, on insomnia nights your words are appreciated

yarayraul
12/01/2021 8:20 a.m.

@yarayraul
You will see how your child normalizes the situation soon, everyone does it, but also for what you tell is a very mature and responsible child and has adapted from day one.
And for anything you need here we are.This forum is great support, at least for me it was quite essential in my beginnings.
Welcome and a lot of encouragement.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/01/2021 8:52 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@yarayraul
Quiet, your son will get along very well.It is important that he manages from day one.
For support in the Madrid Diabetics Association you can find everything, classes, camps, activities for children, etc.
They are on Julián Besteiro 29;www.diabetesMadrid.org

They just sent me to Agenda and there is a workshop to "celebrate Christmas" and how to take care of us.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/01/2021 8:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@isabelbota Thank you!

yarayraul
12/01/2021 8:54 a.m.

@Ruthbia How good, I'm going to see if I inform myself !!I am from Fuenlabrada, Madrid.
In case anyone knows more associations in the area.
Thank you again, how lucky we have found!

yarayraul
12/01/2021 8:59 a.m.

@yarayraul with the vicinity to new ministries takes nothing.

I don't know if there are associations by populations or neighborhoods.I sign up online and send me events.
In summer the camps for diabetic children caught my attention.
In the hospital you are giving diabetological education, and the association also teaches if you need.Kitchen courses, such as managing sensors, pumps, etc.

When you return to school you have to be more careful, sometimes, they are playing and forget to take care of yourself.Normal, they are small.You have to normalize the situation and not feel different.Be open with your illness, don't hide it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/01/2021 2:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Agree in everything that explains you.
In my time they already made colonies and it is enriching to see that other children make life like you.
Important in school that you talk to their teachers, they should not make any objection if they have to control it or be over.
Theme dining room in the Super important school too, that your friends see that he has to put his insulin the same as the asthmatic has to carry the ventolin or as who takes a pill.
As advice, you don't hide you to put insulin, it is very natural.
My endocrine, the one has been for 36 years taught me to never hide.
You can have a full life with your care, and without complications if you do things well.
Good luck and encouragement

vanessa30
12/01/2021 3:43 p.m.

@yarayraul, another support here.My daughter debuted with 5 years, 27 ago, they were other times, much more difficult, but, 6 and all, she normalized her life and everything is doing very well.
Now there is technology that advances very fast and everything will be aid.
But this is a continuous learning, little by little, do not overwhelm.You have time to learn to control, and increasingly with more experiences.
Ready who understands you, it will be very good to get in touch with some association.
A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2021 11:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much girls!Now we are dealing with the happy honeymoon that makes us be in alarm all afternoon and part of the night ... But hey, here we are protected and we take ease for when we go home.
In the hospital they are giving us a lot of training, but as soon as I can look at the associations.
At school they are super pending of us.And they will be very aware of him when I return, so it gives me a lot of peace of mind.
Thanks for your messages 😘😘

yarayraul
12/02/2021 12:29 a.m.

yarayraul said:
Thank you very much girls!Now we are dealing with the happy honeymoon that makes us be in alarm all afternoon and part of the night ... But hey, here we are protected and we take ease for when we go home.
In the hospital they are giving us a lot of training, but as soon as I can look at the associations.
At school they are super pending of us.And they will be very aware of him when I return, so it gives me a lot of peace of mind.
Thanks for your messages 😘😘

Here another 39 -year -old diabetic veteran, reminds me of what you describe to me, also had 11 years, 600 glycemia, ketoacidosis, associated pancreatitis, a week in ICU and another in the plant.I was not as mature as your son, I remember how I lived with great anguish, it was a girl, as Regina says, they were other times, much more difficult than now, now there is much more technology, more training and uncles of more adapted insulins andSimilar to the human human, something that was not so.Even if it is a whore, think that you have had luck.
Much encouragement and little by little you will see that your child is the one before and it will be known to control.Adolescence is close, there is always a point of rebellion with this disease although it depends on the kid.
Lo.dw The association is of great help, even that he sees that there are many boys like him and there are many activities.I did not go to any and I regret it, it was another era and my parents did not see it necessary.
A hug!

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/07/2021 5:43 p.m.

Thank you very much, I am looking at the association because I know that it will be good for us, especially as you say, in adolescence ...
And yes, we were lucky because I live very close to the hospital and although it arrived very annoyed, it immediately stabilized ... and although I know that the duel has comings and goings, seeing him happy and next to me is already a gift.

yarayraul
12/12/2021 12:12 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.