{'en': 'Freestyle sensor fastening', 'es': 'Sujección para sensor FreeStyle'} Image

Freestyle sensor fastening

Viki's profile photo   08/26/2021 7:52 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I have been using the freestyle sensors and the grip of them was good but nevertheless for about two months I have proven that they are constantly detached, even when I just put it I notice that any edge has not adhered to the skin, even with theApplication zone duly disinfected with soap or alcohol and let it dry in the air.
Before this I used an adhesive transparent plastic that they provide me in my health center (mainly the last days of the sensor, when I felt more unstable), but with heat and sweat, now it is useless because it is immediately unusable.
The only way I have found to keep it fixed the 14 days is to create a bracelet with a self -adhesive bandage, such as the one used by veterinarians.The problem is that it also gives quite heat and implies that it must be changed too frequently because it gets dirty quickly and that it is not very aesthetic to carry down the street.

My question is whether you also notice that the sensors do not adhere well from the beginning and what you do to take them daily and on the street.I have heard that there are people who use kinesiological or physiotherapist tape and I would like someone to recommend any that are not very expensive (if it is from Aliexpress, better) that has given it good results.My idea is to put on a kind of patch as in the photo of Diabetika, and not something bracelet type.

Thank you all: Smile:

Viki's profile photo
Viki
08/26/2021 7:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @viki,

There are some sensors that stick better than others and I believe that also depending on the heat it makes you sweat ...

I buy in Aliexpress this ( Link and paste quite well

Make a hole to the tape so you don't cover the sensor hole (if you cover you can measure badly)

At night what I do is put on a bracelet I have the tape on or not

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
08/26/2021 9:34 p.m.

Thank you very much, @Lalonsoa!It is always good to know the experience of others like us and know where to throw with these things.And to shower, do you put the bracelet?
All the best :)

Viki's profile photo
Viki
08/26/2021 9:59 p.m.

I use Fixomull, they have it in pharmacies and in Diabetika.I hit my skin perfectly and endure what they throw ... in summer I use it a lot because I am in the water without worrying about time (if you are in the water more than 30 minutes and the sensor is spoiled,In Abbott they are not responsible).And another good thing, it is not necessary to make a little hole in the middle as with the physio or similar tapes, with this it reads the same perfectly.

But I don't know if it will help you, because I have environmental conditions in summer that are not perhaps the same as those of the rest of Spain.I live in Galicia and since it is not so hot, my skin is not so wet so it endures much better and the sensor itself.The thing to get out of the shower and feel that it has not served for a long

Link Gclid = CJWKCAJW95YJBHAGEIWAMRUTRUTDAGWXFKDSATTTSBRHNSKRYGSQBRNIQIKAFKDPLXU1RGYAPILNJOROCD0MQAVD_BWE

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/26/2021 10:42 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

viki said:
hello to everyone!

I have been using the freestyle sensors and the grip of them was good but nevertheless for about two months I have proven that they are constantly detached, even when I just put it I notice that any edge has not adhered to the skin, even with theApplication zone duly disinfected with soap or alcohol and let it dry in the air.
Before this I used an adhesive transparent plastic that they provide me in my health center (mainly the last days of the sensor, when I felt more unstable), but with heat and sweat, now it is useless because it is immediately unusable.
The only way I have found to keep it fixed the 14 days is to create a bracelet with a self -adhesive bandage, such as the one used by veterinarians.The problem is that it also gives quite heat and implies that it must be changed too frequently because it gets dirty quickly and that it is not very aesthetic to carry down the street.

My question is whether you also notice that the sensors do not adhere well from the beginning and what you do to take them daily and on the street.I have heard that there are people who use kinesiological or physiotherapist tape and I would like someone to recommend any that are not very expensive (if it is from Aliexpress, better) that has given it good results.My idea is to put on a kind of patch as in the photo of Diabetika, and not something bracelet type.

Thank you all: Smile:

Hello, for me they do adhere well, but it is easy to get hooked with something, so I buy kinesiological tape, it doesn't matter the mark and cut the patch.Apply alcohol before and stick more.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/26/2021 10:56 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much @tam e @isabelbota, I get an idea with everything you tell me.

Viki's profile photo
Viki
08/26/2021 11:06 p.m.

Ah !!I have never used it but it sounds to me that there is some spray or cream that is applied to the skin before placing the sensor and also helps.Nothing @viki;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/26/2021 11:07 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

viki said:
thank you very much @tam e @isabelbota, I get an idea with everything you tell me.
>

You're welcome, for that we are!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/26/2021 11:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

They hit me too much, it costs me a lot to take them off from the buttock where I take them.
I do not put anything to cover them and do not fall to the one of three.That if you have to be careful when you get underwear, but over time it is done by instinct.Before I put a lifelong tape and you don't have to make any hole, because it reads up to 4cm clothes (comes in the sensor description)
In water without problems.They do not take off and I guarantee that in Madrid it is hot, heat.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/27/2021 1:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To shower I don't put my bracelet.
I hope everyone serves you :)
The hole in the tape, I do it because they told me in the hospital when they gave the guidelines on how to put it on and how to use it.

lalonsoa's profile photo
lalonsoa
08/28/2021 9:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.