Swimming clock

Belinda's profile photo   08/30/2021 5:59 p.m.

Hello, I want to buy a clock where I can control, or receive some notice of possible hypos.I've been free2 + myomiao 2 with xDrip +.I want to go swimming in the morning but after surgery I have fatal glycemia.Can anyone advise me a manned watch?Thanks a lot

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
08/30/2021 5:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Waiting for other responses, I will tell you that you have 2 options:
1) Combine the clock with a smartphone, being the smartphone that receives readings in the XDRIP (which I suppose it is the one you use with mm2)
2) That the clock is the one that receives the readings without the need for smartphone

For free2, and option (2) you need a clock with NFC, since the link between clock and sensor has to be done after an NFC scan.Here others can comment, but for what I have seen in many forums, it seems that some ticwatch are the best (for battery life), but somewhat expensive.
If you go for the option (1) many serve you, including several Xiaomi Mi Band, or the Amazfit Pace/Verge (something old already, I used the Amazfit Pace time and was great in alerts and battery life with 2-3days) or any Garmin (I use the vivoactive 4) combined in the smartphone with the Garmin Connect app.This is the one that I use now, because in addition to using it for this, I use it for running and for the bicycle (always matched with mobile).

The bad thing about option 1, is that to swim in a pool you would need to take the smartphone to near the pool, with the risk of being stolen or so.Moisture should not be a problem: today they are well isolated.

Let's see if someone else comments

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/07/2021 8:16 p.m.

Thank you so much.In the end I bought a Fitbit Versa 2. I have also bought Not Just a Patch to put on the sensor and Miaomiao2.The patch is very good.Thanks again for all the information.

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
09/08/2021 1:11 p.m.

Ok, good choice
You can put the mobile in a bag of those to freeze with Zip, and thus isolate it a bit of the moisture in the pool.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/08/2021 4:24 p.m.

mloureiro said:
waiting for responses from other, I will tell you that you have 2 options:
1) Combine the clock with a smartphone, being the smartphone that receives readings in the XDRIP (which I suppose it is the one you use with mm2)
2) That the clock is the one that receives the readings without the need for smartphone

For free2, and option (2) you need a clock with NFC, since the link between clock and sensor has to be done after an NFC scan.Here others can comment, but for what I have seen in many forums, it seems that some ticwatch are the best (for battery life), but somewhat expensive.
If you go for the option (1) many serve you, including several Xiaomi Mi Band, or the Amazfit Pace/Verge (something old already, I used the Amazfit Pace time and was great in alerts and battery life with 2-3days) or any Garmin (I use the vivoactive 4) combined in the smartphone with the Garmin Connect app.This is the one that I use now, because in addition to using it for this, I use it for running and for the bicycle (always matched with mobile).

The bad thing about option 1, is that to swim in a pool you would need to take the smartphone to near the pool, with the risk of being stolen or so.Moisture should not be a problem: today they are well isolated.

Let's see if someone else comments

Hello myoureiro,

I am particularly interested in the 2nd option that you comment.Do you know if it is possible to directly connect a clock with the free freestyle patch without the need for smartphone?

I have opened a thread about it, but it seems that there is doubt about whether or not you can.

Thank you very much in advance,

mamipe's profile photo
mamipe
09/24/2021 1:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.