Insulin to load bomb

anabela's profile photo   12/06/2021 10:19 p.m.

Good night.
I wanted to make a couple of consultations to the people who use insulin pump with cartridges that you load yourself.
It has already happened to me twice an unpleasant situation: after a change of cartridge I find values ​​above 200 most of the time, and insulin seems to not take effect.I review possible bubbles, change insertion zone but glucose is still unwilling.
When the whole system is changed again, everything returns to normal.
I am convinced that it is for insulin, so the doubts are how long in advance do you get it out of the fridge before putting it in the pump?Is there any device that tells you if the insulin you are going to use is in good condition?

anabela's profile photo
anabela
12/06/2021 10:19 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

I only see a problem of bubbles or catheter barley or the cannula.When I Catheter bait, I am giving some small blows to the bomb against my leg to help out the bubbles of the reservoir, with the pump placed vertically and the catheter up.

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
12/07/2021 8:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.