Menus, rations ...

Cdb1's profile photo   07/11/2021 10:21 p.m.

Good, a query could tell me what your weekly menu is to know if everyone who is in this forum, have a healthy weekly menu or there is some that healthy food skips

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
07/11/2021 10:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

Well, with or without diabetes you have to always eat healthy.But with the counting of the rations we can eat more varied and if one day you feel like skiping the diet and eating a hamburger with potatoes and ice cream, because this will do that you can do it, calculating well the HC/ratio/insulin ...and also take into account the UGP (protein fat unit).

Without problems, you can eat everything.What we are not machines and the diabetes sometimes goes to its ball ... there will be days that you will give in the nail and other days not so much ...

Greetings!!

caRmeN85's profile photo
caRmeN85
07/12/2021 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde Mayo 2020 (36 años). Lápices de insulina: Lantus/ Humalog
Vivo en Barcelona.
HbA1c 5,5% (Marzo 2021)
Freestyle 2

I, as type 1 diabetics, do not have a menu as such assigned.Of course, I try to eat as varied and healthy as possible, taking into account the rations that I eat every time, to put the corresponding insulin.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/12/2021 1:58 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I would tell you that traditionally and sporadically a hamburger, or hot dog or pizza, but very afternoon in the afternoon.

The diet that made me see debuté was 1700cal:
- Breakfast, 2.5 R
- Lunch: 1.5 R
- Food: 3 R
- Snack: 1.5r
- Dinner: 3r

At 3 months I passed her, not lunch or merpos, and my breakfast is 1.5r, I take off my milk.
The meals and dinners are 1r of vegetables, 1r of bread and 1r of fruit.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/12/2021 3:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am fasting 16/8, my glycemias and insulin sensitivity have improved.

Breakfast -0 portions
Lunch - 2-3 rations
Snack - 0 rations
Dinner - 2-3 rations

marine's profile photo
marine
07/12/2021 5:11 p.m.

@Ruthbia @marine and for jumping meals do you suffer hypoglycemia ???And for the few rations you have, I imagine that will you wear very little insulin?and do not suffer ketone bodies?It is what I am not sure of the ketone bodies, it is due to lack of insulin or for having very often hyperglycemia
@Ruthbia for what you tell me about your diet, don't get animal protein!

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
07/13/2021 5:14 p.m.

Hello good,

No. To skip a meal I do not suffer hiccup.If I suffered that, it indicates that my basal is poorly applied.Bringing a lowcarb diet precisely makes insulin needs down and that the probability of hypo also decreases because using small amounts of insulin the error percentage is lower.

If you have ketone bodies there is no problem.What we should not have is ketoacidosis that occurs when it is maintained very high and the glucose is verified.

marine's profile photo
marine
07/13/2021 6:30 p.m.

Of course, as a protein, but it is not considered hydrate, so I have not cited it.

• My breakfast is a light soy glass with coffee (0.5r) + bread with sugarless jam (1r).6 units or 4 uds of insulin according to my cycle.Sometimes I need to get 2 more for hormonal resistance

• The food is always: vegetable or vegetable dish (1r), protein and fruit (1.5-2R depending on the type of fruit).6 units if it is legume and 4 units if it is vegetable.The legume asks me more insulin and sometimes I have to replace according to my day.

• Dinner is like food, without a clear legume, but many days not as a protein or not as a vegetable, and the fruit of a sweetened natural yogurt, about 3R in total, so in total, so insulin the change for 5 units 5 unitsIf there is vegetables, and if only protein, fruit and yogurt I put 4 units.

No lunch in mid -morning or ever melting.

Now on vacation I have neglected a little for the fats of the restaurants and two paellas that I have eaten that curiously they went very well with insulin, for 6 hours flat curve and I started uploading the rice at 8 hours of having eaten it,amazing how the body works.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/20/2021 12:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

marine said:
I am fasting 16/8, my glycemias and insulin sensitivity have improved.

Breakfast -0 portions
Lunch - 2-3 rations
Snack - 0 rations
Dinner - 2-3 rations

Don't you hungry in the morning?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/27/2021 11:25 a.m.

marine said:
good,

No. To skip a meal I do not suffer hiccup.If I suffered that, it indicates that my basal is poorly applied.Bringing a lowcarb diet precisely makes insulin needs down and that the probability of hypo also decreases because using small amounts of insulin the error percentage is lower.

If you have ketone bodies there is no problem.What we should not have is ketoacidosis that occurs when it is maintained very high and the glucose is verified.

Can I send you a private?I would like to tell me your experience.I have been reading Low Carbon for a while and it seems to me that what you say, when eating so few hydrates the margin of error in the count is lower, the curve is flatter and the minor hypos since you barely use quickly or very little,The question is to adjust the basal.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
07/27/2021 11:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.