Vacations and diabetes

Josemibi's profile photo   07/20/2021 10:10 a.m.

Simply a reflection about the holiday period.For many it will be the first summer with MCG, from my experience away from home it is more complicated to count HC, and keep the routines so the control is more complex.

So without neglecting, you have to relax a little and enjoy the holidays.It is difficult to obtain the results of IRR in the routine so that while the values ​​are contained.Enjoy the holidays.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
07/20/2021 10:10 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I just returned: '(:' (: '(:' (: '(:' (: '((

Yes, you have to relax and act.If the postprandial rises a lot, without fear to correct, and if there is a risk of hypoglycemia, give the caprichito of an ice cream.

Leave the routines and of course, I have to upload 2 units the basal, the normal rest.Accommodate insulin to intake and have fun.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/20/2021 2:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I just returned: '(:' (: '(:' (: '(:' (: '((

Yes, you have to relax and act.If the postprandial rises a lot, without fear to correct, and if there is a risk of hypoglycemia, give the caprichito of an ice cream.

Leave the routines and of course, I have to upload 2 units the basal, the normal rest.Accommodate insulin to intake and have fun.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/20/2021 2:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good vacation!

I just returned.I managed to go to the Canary Islands and without problems with the digital vaccination certificate.My first real vacations since March 2020!As I enjoyed.The sensor whistled some night because of the excesses of the dinner.The excesses of proteins and fats entered at 4-5 hours of dinner.This of not having beta cells!But I enjoyed a lot.I also had to increase the basal in my case in 4 units.

To those who still have the right to vacation, enjoy

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/20/2021 8:38 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I knew that the holidays was going to get us out of rank.I was a long weekend in O Grove and although with nothing that was stratospheric if it is difficult to stay in rank and stick to a decent variability, eating all day everything is more complicated.So the best thing you say is to enjoy.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
07/20/2021 9:35 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@jldiazdel welcome again, some still have to go

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/20/2021 10:06 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

How do I appreciate this post!Right now on vacation, and my son's levels have completely broken down.With how good he had him at home ... his first summer, and seeing ice cream, without being able to take because he is more than 200 and does not go down ... I see that it is usually something common

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
07/20/2021 11:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lucia70, modify its fast dose and can eat an ice cream !!Q summer being a child is something unrepeatable

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/21/2021 12:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lucía70, you may need to raise the slow or fast, if it is high all the time.Children when growing need more insulin.Start by adjusting the slow one, if you wake up high.
The ice cream can be taken by calculating the fast, always below, and is corrected later., and next time it is better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/21/2021 3:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Excellent, a while ago I made a video where I explain how to plan a trip for people with diabetes, if you wish you can see it here is gratiiiiis!

Link

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
07/21/2021 6:35 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

@Lucia70 Adjusts slow and fast insulin according to intake.Faced with doubts in the dose, put less units, to correct there is always time.
There are great ice cream without sugar but they go up with fats and in the end insulin is needed but it is very active.
I'm still lighting the last one to take chocolate with nougat 🤤

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/21/2021 9:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.