Freestyle sensor 2 and plane trips

Ricki21's profile photo   07/31/2021 10:38 a.m.

I have to travel by plane next week. I understand that I can go through the arc of the scanner with the sensor on.I want to take a reserve sensor in case I need it.How did I pass the box with the replacement sensor?I think you can't go through the tape where all your hand luggage passes.Put it in the suitcase that I have convinced me either.Can anyone help me?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/31/2021 10:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I have taken both hand luggage and invoiced and no problem

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
07/31/2021 3:01 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

Thanks @amiranda

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/31/2021 4:01 p.m.

@Ricki21
I just travel, I have been without problems with the sensor through the control arc.Of course, notify the security.But he didn't whistle to my surprise.
In a backpack, hand luggage, I always carry spare sensors, insulin etc etc.Without problems.I always have a certificate of diabetes for travel.But they have never told me anything.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
07/31/2021 6:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The sensors theoretically do not whistle that you will have no problem because of the arch, but see them in case.
And the replacement box I would prefer to take with me (everything about diabetes always travels with me, I get lost and let's leave it ...).It also warns, because maybe they are marked from a different color, but I don't think they tell you anything.They may make you take the box to see what it is, but nothing more.

Once they made me go to the side where they put some apple juices that I wore (it was a long trip) in a little machine to do a kind of analysis of its interior.They saw that it was juice and let me continue.Beside me there was a girl doing the same with her own bottled milk to give her baby ... it is seen that they were that day quite rigorous hahaha

My recommendation is that on any trip you must go through an airport always take a medical report that says you have diabetes and that you should carry with you everything we use: sensors, feathers, needles, needles, strips, glucometers, juices and food, etc.And if you travel to a foreign country, always take it in English in addition to Spanish ... I need to teach it because they saw the needles in the scanner, but as soon as the girl read it he wished me a good trip and good glycemia:blush:

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/01/2021 9:06 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

By the way, if you mean whether they can go through the tape of the rest of the luggage ... X -rays pass in both cases, ship their suitcase or not.

I believe that in transport companies they have the same technology as at the airport, they also look at the interior to detect problematic elements ... and they are the same as the sensors to your home (or to the health center where they facilitate it.) and work normally.

Anyway, you can ask Abbott if you doubt.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/01/2021 9:13 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

You have no problem.The sensor passes through the ring of people, and if you whistle, you explain it to you who scan you and that's it.I have passed the bomb without whistling many times.

As for the X -rays of the luggage, I believe that there is no effect, I have taken spare sensors several times and have worked normally.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/07/2021 11:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No problems by any airport.Neither in China when I was in 2018, and I took everything in triplicate, needles, insulin, lancetas, sensors, ... be a document translated into official Chinese in case, and nothing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/09/2021 2:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I recover this thread because I have a question that I want to ask you:

When you travel by plane ✈️, does the app to see glycemia work?, or when putting plane mode to work?

Thank you so much

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
03/26/2024 10:34 p.m.

@joelsa: When putting plane mode on the mobile, the Bluetooth and the free app is also removed

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/27/2024 9:12 a.m.

Although it is in plane mode, the app does work.You can use it to scan and measure glucose when you are in plane mode.I imagine that what I will not do will be to save the values ​​during that time, but measuring measure you.I just returned from a plane trip, and without problem.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/27/2024 11:46 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

When putting the airplane mode the Bluetooth connection is removed, but you can activate it again and voila.
No problem.De facto shortly they will remove the restriction.The plane systems are not affected by the satellites, they are shielded

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/27/2024 3:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much, !!

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
03/28/2024 4:45 p.m.

The sensor passes without problems the airport security arch.
Page 68 of the freestyle manual says: "Do not pass your sensor through the scanner ..."
This means that the sensor is sensitive to the X -rays and the one we carry in spare should not be carried in the handbag or billed luggage.I do it is to get the spare sensor out of your box (leaving the applicator in the handbag), I put it in a pocket pocket and spend the bow with it.
I have never had problems.In any case, as tam ", feathers, needles, strips, glucometers, juices and food, etc.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
03/31/2024 6:47 p.m.

ruthbia said:
without problems by any airport.Neither in China when I was in 2018, and I took everything in triplicate, needles, insulin, lancetas, sensors, .... Take an official Chinese translated document, and nothing.

hello.Curiosity, what did the document say?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
04/07/2024 3:45 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

That I am an insulin -dependent diabetic and that I have to take with me insulin, monitoring systems and food to travel and return.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/07/2024 7:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have taken the sensor in the backpack the spare and it has passed rays and has worked perfectly later, someone here comments that to cascar the sensor the X -rays must be very strong, and by the arch do not whistle, nor neverThey have made me open my backpack at all, just once and because I wore the electric toothbrush and detected a battery

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/08/2024 12:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.