Interpret results

ednorton's profile photo   09/11/2021 1:04 a.m.

Hello everyone
I am a 23 -year -old with frequent urination with obesity.A few days ago I went to the doctor to see what I had, he recommended a fasting glucose test, which turned out that I had 96 and then had to change doctor for the schedule.The new doctor recommended the same together with other tests such as urine, triglycerides which came out the same with 96 on an empty stomach and triglycerides.After these results I sent me to do a glucose tolerance test.The test performed after walking for 20 minutes looking for glucose powder since the place where I went sent me to buy, I say this because sometimes they say that the walk rises the glucose.These were my results
A fast - 101
30 MINS - 132
60 minutes - 128
120 minutes - 111
The laboratory indicates that fasting value is normal from 75-115 but on other sides they say it is from 100 down.Do you think it is prediabetic, despite having 111 after 2 hours?

ednorton's profile photo
ednorton
09/11/2021 1:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ednorton

I think no.But it is best to consult with your doctor.It would be very good to ask for a glycosylated hemoglobin test (HBA1C).That will give you more clues.You should be around 5% (in my analytics below 6% is acceptable).

It is very good that you have gone to the doctor.What is clear is that you should change your diet and play sports to lose those kilos.You are still very young and if you continue like this over the years you can cause insulin resistance (type 2 diabetes) and I assure you that you should avoid it.Take it seriously and take care of yourself now that you can.Maybe you should make an appointment with a nutritionist or it may be a hormonal problem that you have to treat.

All the best

Good weekend

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/11/2021 10:18 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

ednorton said:
hello everyone
I am a 23 -year -old with frequent urination with obesity.A few days ago I went to the doctor to see what I had, he recommended a fasting glucose test, which turned out that I had 96 and then had to change doctor for the schedule.The new doctor recommended the same together with other tests such as urine, triglycerides which came out the same with 96 on an empty stomach and triglycerides.After these results I sent me to do a glucose tolerance test.The test performed after walking for 20 minutes looking for glucose powder since the place where I went sent me to buy, I say this because sometimes they say that the walk rises the glucose.These were my results
A fast - 101
30 MINS - 132
60 minutes - 128
120 minutes - 111
The laboratory indicates that fasting value is normal from 75-115 but on other sides they say it is from 100 down.They believe it is prediabetic, despite having 111 after 2 hours?

Frequent urination can be urine infection or hyperactive bladder due

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/11/2021 12:55 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.