Exercise and hypoglycemia

Websquirtle's profile photo   12/29/2021 11:10 a.m.

Good morning:

I put it in the thread that I opened telling my case but I decide to put it on a new topic to see if someone answers me because it is something that is worrying me and I need opinions about it.

I do 30 minutes of static bike daily, and behind them I lower the glucose by putting me in hypo or almost, 3 days that I have measured before and after the results were:

Day 1- Before-49 after 74
Day 2-Autos-114 after-69
Day 3 before-96 after 74

To say that on day 2 a half hour-45 minutes later without having eaten anything I was already in 95, but every day when I finish I feel slightly dizzy and my wife tells me that it looks pale.

My question is how do I control it?Because uploading it before does not seem to take effect because the first day I was much higher and it lowered me the same, would eat something after a couple of cookies?Is that not going to cause too many ups and downs that I don't know to what extent are they good?

I do not know, I thought that the exercise was beneficial, I understand that it is, but that it is going down so much later I worry and I do not know how to manage it because I do not want to give up the exercise.

Thank you very much to everyone.

Websquirtle's profile photo
Websquirtle
12/29/2021 11:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First the medication is not because it seems to me that you only took metformin and it does not produce hypoglycemia, secondly, measure after exercise and 30 minutes later to see if you have recovered.Anyway, my experience is that glucometers measure less between 15 and 20% compared to blood analysis, so the values ​​you put are not hypoglycemia.Third: The eating cookies would be before exercise and start with glycemia somewhat higher since having at first 96 I do not think it is recommended.By the way I also use the static a lot and I would like to get off what you will, which will also depend on the "hard" that you put it.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/29/2021 11:31 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

If I am alone with metformin of 850 two a day, today I have finished in 73 and at half an hour I am in 89 so it seems that I recover more or less well.

What it seems is that it starts as I start always ended up more or less in the same place around 70.

Do not believe that I put it very hard, the second lowest and all plain level that I am not yet xa mountain ports haha.

Websquirtle
12/29/2021 12:39 p.m.

websirtle said:
If I am alone with metformin of 850 two a day, today I have finished in 73 and at half an hour I am in 89 so it seems that I recover more or less well.

What it seems is that it starts as I start always ended up more or less in the same place around 70.

Do not believe that I put it very hard, the second lowest and all plain level that I am not yet xa mountain ports haha.

Ok !!I tell you, I use the static when I cannot go out and I have spent eating, for example as I have no fast at night I give myself some whim and I see the teleklaw, a rainy day and you pass you began to pedal, let's goI use the static so that it does not upload me
If you finish in 70, taking into account the glycometer error +/- 15 % or 20 % would be among 80-90 perfect, come on !!... What we are looking for all of this forum. One of the differences is that the DM2 always tends to raise glycemia and our struggle is to try to lower it without causing hypos

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/29/2021 2 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

That descent is normal since it is an aerobic exercise.If you don't want to get glycia so much you can try to do an empty stomach (less than an hour).

Here you can see the example of how a non -diabetic person also "consumes" glucose in an aerobic exercise.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/29/2021 3:06 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Well, about the two cookies before or I have done it wrong that I do not discard it or it does not work in my case, I have eaten them, just after I have gone to the bike and I have finished in 73, I do not know if you have to leave a whileBefore starting xa q go up or.

Websquirtle
12/30/2021 2:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.