Measurement of glucose levels at night

dudasinf's profile photo   09/15/2021 7:38 a.m.

The doctor prescribed my father, recently, to perform glucose analysis in the morning and at night, in addition to injecting prolonged action insulin (duration of 18-24 hours).When I suffer a mobility problem, I currently put it on, one on an empty stomach, followed by the injection and wait 2 hours before eating, and another, there is the one I have doubts, before dinner (about 8pm in the afternoon, 2-3 hours after snacking and 2 before dinner).My question is whether the second analysis would be fine, I have doubts about whether it is a good time for control or not.
Greetings.

dudasinf's profile photo
dudasinf
09/15/2021 7:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@dudasinf

To put the slow insulin I do not see very well the need to wait two hours to eat.Since you put twice.It doesn't make much sense.Tell her with the doctor if you want.
Put the slow insulin in the morning and night in a constant way and have breakfast or cease when it suits you.The important thing is to be regular in slow insulin and that does not abuse carbohydrates at dinner.But it is not necessary to wait two hours to eat after the slow.In fact I put the slow at 9 pm, after dinner!

On the measurement of blood glucose, the important thing is that a period of about two or three hours after eating has passed.If you have taken more proteins and fats than usual, better at three hours.

Greetings and wait for your father to improve mobility soon

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/15/2021 7:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.