Tresiba or Toujeo

LenaDingle's profile photo   08/04/2021 11:40 p.m.

I would like to know your experiences with slow.I used Mixtard, then Levemir, Lantus and now Tresiba.I have to try toujeo.

LenaDingle's profile photo
LenaDingle
08/04/2021 11:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I used Lantus but I didn't cover me well 24 hours.I went to Tresiba and Phenomenal and then I had to change to Toujeo because I was trying to get pregnant and I do very well but I had to increase 10 units.With threeiba I put me 22 and with Toujeo 30 - 32

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/05/2021 12:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

My daughter has been using three days and stability is much greater than with Lantus.The nights are very flat., And the peaks of the meals, very soft.
He put 21 of Lantus and now 17 of Tresiba., In the morning.
I do not know it ... but I think it is more concentrated and, although more units are placed, the volume that is injected is lower.
The two are more stable and durable than Lantus, but it can be better one than another, according to each person.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2021 4:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Before we used Lantus and from the time we put it up to 24 hours later the curve resulted up.With threeiba now does not derive.The basal line can be the same all day. It is much easier to improve the IRR.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
08/05/2021 6:51 a.m.

Good, I have been with Toujeo for about 9 months and now I have changed to Tresiba.

The reason for changing Toujeo is because I couldn't be flat, or I spent the flat day and fell short at night dawn in 180 or after units and ends at night.

It is still early to talk about Tresiba because today is my second day with her.

marine's profile photo
marine
08/05/2021 9:01 p.m.

regina said:
my daughter has been using three days and stability is much greater than with lantus.The nights are very flat., And the peaks of the meals, very soft.
I do not know it ... but I think it is more concentrated and, although more units are placed, the volume that is injected is lower.
The two are more stable and lasting than Lantus, but it can be better one than another, according to each person.

From the beginning he has put it in the morning? Do you see more advantages than at night?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/05/2021 10:58 p.m.

@maginer, it was changed four days ago.to Tresiba, and acertò from day one.Almost flat nights and practically all values ​​in rank.
From the beginning it is put in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2021 12:21 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I spend a levem to Lantus and back to Levemir and as I meant two doses, I asked for a change to one that lasted 24 hours to save a dose and use Toujeo for 3 years and something.
It is doing well at night and I pass them normally flat.It covers me well 24 hours.

Lately I have had episodes of nocturnal hypos and I was assessing to change in the morning, but have ceased.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2021 9:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I do not notice threeiba with Tresiba, I will ask if you can change me to Toujeo.

LenaDingle
08/06/2021 12:02 p.m.

I cannot compare because I have only used a Tougeo since I debuted, but with this insulin I spend the practically flat nights and covers me well 24 hours.I put it in the morning.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/06/2021 1:38 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

- lantus : I used Lantus, I put it on the night, but its effect fell short and blood glucose shot before dinner.
- toujeo : Since I changed Toujeo, despite noticing much improvement, it is true that between the snack and dinner I had to wear extra bows quickly many days.
On my own, I paid the slow in 2 doses, trying to prolong its effect more, and I changed hours to try to improve.Now I put myself most in the morning and the rest in the afternoon.I resisted putting it all in the morning for thinking that its effect did not last 24h and could cause morning increases.But I still have to use extras quickly between 18:00 and 21:00.
As my morning glycems are very good I think I will try to put all the toujeo in the morning and see what happens.
- threehiba : It is the option that I have left if the above does not work because I had read that its effect was more durable than the toujeo.Although as they have said before, there are people who respond better with 1 than with another, without any being better, so until I try it I will not know.

Just comment that I am happy with the toujeo, which is the one I have tried, because, despite the fast bowling, my time in the different ranges is good and the variability of glucose as well, which is what it is about what it is about.

magl's profile photo
magl
08/06/2021 2:27 p.m.

Thanks for the comments, I go to the endocrine on Monday and see what he tells me, apart from the fact that I have to lose kilos that from hysterectomy and pandemic and I resist.

LenaDingle
08/06/2021 8:49 p.m.

nigiri said:
I used lantus but I didn't cover myself well 24 hours.I went to Tresiba and Phenomenal and then I had to change to Toujeo because I was trying to get pregnant and I do very well but I had to increase 10 units.With Tresiba I put me 22 and with Toujeo 30 - 32

Hello and sorry for ignorance but in that the three could affect you that you changed it for the Tougeo for what you want to get pregnant

daniel_pini31's profile photo
daniel_pini31
08/07/2021 2:11 a.m.

You can't get pregnant three

LenaDingle
08/07/2021 11:18 a.m.

regina said:
my daughter has been using three days and stability is much greater than with lantus.The nights are very flat., And the peaks of the meals, very soft.
The two are more stable and lasting than Lantus, but it can be better one than another, according to each person.

What finally has decided to change to threeiba !!.
It will be happy as the months go by;Go explaining how she finds her

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/09/2021 11:17 p.m.

@vanesa30, because very well from day one, with very flat nights and almost all the time in rank.But the last nights are going down a lot, a unit has already been reduced and another will have to lower.
It seems that this insulin is taking strength.And what you notice is also that you need less juice to overcome when you go down, but it has not had any hicc as 60. And an average of 118.
Thank you for your mood Vanesa, you decided to change for what you encouraged us, and it is much more stable than with Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2021 3:59 a.m.

regina said:
@vanesa30, because very well from day one, with very flat nights and almost all the time in range.But the last nights are going down a lot, a unit has already been reduced and another will have to lower.
It seems that this insulin is taking strength.And what you notice is also that you need less juice to overcome when you go down, but it has not had any hicc as 60. And an average of 118.
Thank you for your mood Vanesa, you decided to change for what you encouraged us, and it is much more stable than with Lantus.

Good morning, keep going until you find the dose that does not cause you hypos.
I also try to move it from an hour, if the night click that changes in the morning or half a day;
You know that with Tresiba unlike Lantus, you can play with the PQ schedule lasts more hours.
There is no Regina, for me it was a good change and that's why I told you.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/10/2021 8:33 a.m.

Chic@s at the end I continue with Tresiba and I changed my novorapid to Fiasp.In principle much more recommended for me because my spikes are very high.In principle a unity less than Novorapid.As I have put a protein diet I will have to adjust three to less 25% since carbohydrates nothing at all

LenaDingle
08/10/2021 11:18 a.m.

Encourage @lenadingle !!!With the diet you spend a little hunger at first, but then well.

I am below 20 g of HC, more or less depending on the diet that has put the endo.I entered ketosis on the third day, I bought ketone strips to test it.

You have to get down the basal, I am in 6 units and before the diet I put 16 units.And the rapid only at breakfast (the protein bread goes up), the rest of the meals is absorbed by the basal.

He watches the change to Fiasp, when I used it, I needed more units than a novorapid and keep in mind that it lasts less time, about two hours.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2021 9:01 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.