Dr Bernstein approach under diluent carbohydrates

AnibalJ's profile photo   09/27/2021 12:28 p.m.

Does anyone follow the approach of Dr Bernstein under carbohydrates?I am from Argentina and here are not diluent for insulin.How do they do to correct?

AnibalJ's profile photo
AnibalJ
09/27/2021 12:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anibalj, a fast unit usually goes down 50 or 60 glucose units., in adults, although it depends on the sensitivity of each one.
In children there is much more, for that there are bolis or syringes of half unity, and in pharmacies they can also prepare diluted insulin ..
Greetings!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/27/2021 2:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I follow a low -fat protein diet, that is, little carbohydrates but not ketogenic as that man proposes, guided by an endocrine.In any case, to correct I put normal insulin, without diluting.I know my sensitivity factor and how my body works more or less at every moment.
For example, I know that I am in 160 approx and stable (horizontal arrow in my ABBOTT sensor) I need 1 units to go down to 110-125 mg/dl, if I am between 170-200, I put 2 units.They are years of proof and error and also to control my hormones.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/28/2021 9:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What are diluent carbohydrates?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/28/2021 4:38 p.m.

@Anaisabel is diluent insulin.I don't know, I imagine it is serum insulin, like when you go to the hospital.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/29/2021 9 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Anaisabel I would also like to know

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/01/2021 7:03 a.m.

I imagine that it is diluted insulin, to be able to correct and adjust very fine... but it would be a control too fair for a type 1 .., with an active life will always be on the verge of hiccups ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2021 2:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I imagine that it is diluted insulin, to be able to correct and adjust very fine... but it would be a control too fair for a type 1 .., with an active life will always be on the edge of hip ..

TRUE

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/01/2021 2:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.