{'en': 'Restaurants', 'es': 'Bebidas restaurantes'} Image

Restaurants

Bodymilck's profile photo   01/03/2022 8:33 p.m.

Good afternoon, Compis.

I just celebrated a birthday in the Vips, where I already have well calculated the rations of the Vips Club, waiting times and dosing in time to avoid peaks.

That is why I wanted to go there, because in new places I do not enjoy food for fear of provoking a hyper or an out of range ...

My surprise is that, at the time, I had 310 and I think it has been because the waitress served me Pepsi Max without caffeine, confusing the fact that it did not carry caffeine with which it would not carry sugar.

The truth is that I am always afraid to ask for soft drinks even if I put "without sugar" when they do not serve me with their bottle ...

Do you have any trick to know whether or not they carry sugar?I have the ACCU-Chek Aviva and Freestyle 2 and I use insulin pen (Toujeo and Humalog).

I feel stupid and bad for having had such a peak of glucose so absurd (17% out of rank and most with more than 250) ...

I am like many, too strict with myself and I know that I shouldn't take it so tremendous, but it seems impossible task.

Thank you so much!

PS: I only have been with a sensor since May, maybe that also influences me.

Bodymilck's profile photo
Bodymilck
01/03/2022 8:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
It happened to me once with Coca Cola.It is true that the bottle came and I didn't even look at it but the second drink thought it was too good ... I noticed the sugar and they had effectively confused.
Here I have read that there are people who throw the drink in a strip.I have not tried it but I will do it out of curiosity.
But if what had happened to you, next time I would insist on the subject saying that I am a diabetic and that they can lite it to me.I don't mind saying it to doubt.
I ask for red with white and when they bring it to me as I see the doubtful color I say again "it will be with white, no? That if it is lemon and it carries sugar I cannot."And you don't know how many times they have taken it back ...
And I also overwhelm myself when I make a mistake but hey, we have to think that nothing happens for a day ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/03/2022 8:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
Hello.
It happened to me once with Coca Cola.It is true that the bottle came and I didn't even look at it but the second drink thought it was too good ... I noticed the sugar and they had effectively confused.
Here I have read that there are people who throw the drink in a strip.I have not tried it but I will do it out of curiosity.
But if what had happened to you, next time I would insist on the subject saying that I am a diabetic and that they can lite it to me.I don't mind saying it to doubt.
I ask for red with white and when they bring it to me as I see the doubtful color I say again "it will be with white, no? That if it is lemon and it carries sugar I cannot."And you don't know how many times they have taken it back ...
And I also overwhelm myself when I make a mistake but hey, we have to think that nothing happens for one day ...

Hello Isabel!Thank you for your comment, the truth is that I go to these forums I feel less misunderstood and it helps me to share these things with people who understand me.

Notice that in my case it is the first time that happens to me and see that I have gone to sites ... I will begin to emphasize the diabetes, because it is true that other times when I have asked for UP, as I least did, I usually say it,But today with the Pepsi I have not stressed the reason well.

Thank you so much !!!!

Bodymilck's profile photo
Bodymilck
01/03/2022 10:16 p.m.

bodymilck said:
Isabelbota said:
hello.
And I also overwhelm myself when I make a mistake but hey, we have to think that nothing happens for one day ...

Hello Isabel!Thank you for your comment, the truth is that I go to these forums I feel less misunderstood and it helps me to share these things with people who understand me.

Notice that in my case it is the first time that happens to me and see that I have gone to sites ... I will begin to emphasize the diabetes, because it is true that other times when I have asked for UP, as I least did, I usually say it,But today with the Pepsi I have not stressed the reason well.

Thank you very much !!!!

You are welcome.The truth is that this forum helps us all.We see that in the end we all pass more or less for the same ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/03/2022 10:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

You do well to be strict bodymilck, I spent a restaurant gave me a normal Coca Cola shooter usually passes a lot and many times do not remember and put the normal one, to me in a cinema I spend tmb and I did not give meAccount and after a while a desire to urinate those that you know you are tall and get home and 390

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/03/2022 10:38 p.m.

I do not usually drink cocacola, but I always ask them to serve the bottle, and I do not say that I am a diabetic, who cares!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/04/2022 3:44 p.m.

When in doubt, wet the glucometer strip with the drink, and so you see if it carries sugar or not

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
01/09/2022 11:39 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

morganeta said:
in doubt, get the glucometer strip with the blessed, and so you see if it carries sugar or not

Well, you're right, I haven't tried it, if I have done it with a drop of water and gave 0, I'm going to try it ....

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
01/09/2022 1:26 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Now that I read, I wanted to get a drink, I don't blessed hahaha

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
01/09/2022 7:32 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Well, Pepsi Max is precisely without sugar (with and without caffeine, both are without sugar).I usually take it and do not upload my gluco.

In a matter of carbohydrates and sugars, it is exactly the same as the light version, both carry the same sweeteners: aspartamo and acesulfamo K. I think the difference is the Kcal, that the light carries less.

Link
Link

Surely they will have been confused by putting it on or the poorly connected taps were (the Max tap with the normal Pepsi carafe, so you can understand me) ...
I usually say that I am diabetic if I know that drinks do not come in bottle or can, because there you have to trust what they put in the glass ...

It seems to me a great idea about the strip, now that we use them less with this of having the sensor, you can do some tests from time to time so as not to liar it brown when we go out there;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
01/11/2022 10:16 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.