Pregnancy and Tresiba

Betty's profile photo   08/15/2021 1:46 p.m.

Good morning, how are they?
I have a question about pregnancy and threeiba ...
The other day in the consultation with my endocrine I ask him about this insulin and pregnancy planning and he told me that there is no problem and I have read that they are withdrawn to pregnant women due to lack of studies
I am a little worried because I already had an abortion in 2019 and used Tresiba and they changed it to Lantus (which with this insulin I had a bad control) and with threeiba no ...
Any pregnant or breast who can advise me?
Thank you very much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/15/2021 1:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am not pregnant but I am a healthy and I know that Tresiba usually removes it if you get pregnant.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
08/25/2021 2:24 p.m.

I planned a pregnancy a few years ago and I took Lantus for Levemir that is the one that has no proven effects.
I suppose that it varies according to the professional in question.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/26/2021 8:33 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

As soon as I said that I had a desire for pregnancy, I changed me three to levemir.This was in La Paz in Madrid, but when I moved to Galicia the endo here told me that she would have done exactly the same.No idea why, I ask when I go in October;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/26/2021 6:28 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

ruthbia said:
I planned a pregnancy a few years ago and they took me lantus for levemr that is the one that has no proven effects.
I suppose that it varies according to the professional in question.

Thank you very much for answering.
The endo who has pregnant with threeiba told me ... I imagine that they experience a little with us ... maybe then the time comes to me

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/27/2021 1:08 p.m.

meginer said:
I am not pregnant but I am a healthy and I know that threeiba usually remove it if you get pregnant./Blockquote>

Thank you very much for answering
I imagine that with threeiba you can like others at first it could not be ... in addition to the endo it is not the only one who has told me, maybe the time changes me

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/27/2021 1:10 p.m.

Tresiba is the most expensive insulin of all in the market, I don't know if something to do with

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/27/2021 1:15 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

There is already some study made in pregnant women who have used Tresiba and pregnancies have been successful, although the sample size is very small to generalize it.
Link
I read some more but now I can't find them.
I suppose that as soon as there are more studies they will catalog it as safe.If you get into forums in English there are many women who have been pregnant keeping threeiba xq in the end to change were going to get out of control, and that is harmful.

Good luck with the search for pregnancy!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
08/29/2021 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
There is already some study in pregnant women who have used threeiba and pregnancies have been successful, although the sample size is very small to generalize it.
Link
I read some more but now I can't find them.
I suppose that as soon as there are more studies they will catalog it as safe.If you get into forums in English there are many women who have been pregnant keeping threeiba xq in the end to change were going to get out of control, and that is harmful.

Good luck with the search for pregnancy!

Thank you very much, I relieves me to read your comments because I was overwhelmed with the subject.
I have returned to my endo (which has been 11 years old), and he told me that quiet, that the few studies with threeiba and pregnancy have been successful but that the issue was stopped with the pandemic.
In fact, he carries the pregnancy unit and those that are with Tresiba leaves them the treatment because they are better controlled than with Lantus (this insu does not cover me)
I'll tell you.
Thank you very much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/31/2021 2:27 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
threeiba is the most expensive insulin of all in the market, I do not know if it will have something to do with

I think it has nothing to do but to know ...
Thank you so much

Betty's profile photo
Betty
08/31/2021 2:28 p.m.

@Betty I planned the pregnancy with thesis and the endocrine did not put any paste and told me to be calm, that because of the composition he carried it was very similar to the other insulin and did not have to happen anything.
Being already pregnant, of little, I got out of control a little, like I did not cover the three -year and tested with Toujeo that is not tested with pregnant women (in reality none is tested in a laboratory in pregnant women, but they are trying in theclinical practice), but toujeo is practically the same as the Lanús and that has been used for years.
The toujeo was phenomal, maintained 5-5.5 hemoglobins throughout pregnancy.
If you do not feel safe with threeiba, try with toujeo to see how such, practically the same only that from another laboratory, the threeba may make more curve and toujeo more flat but very similar

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/31/2021 2:41 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala, congratulations on the baby!
We hadn't seen you here for a long time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2021 3:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.